[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please confirm how the candy sharing rank works

JushiroNetJushiroNet
Reactions: 6,160
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2017 in General Chat
I was wondering if the candy sharing ranks are per world/alliance or are per service region (ie. GMS/EMS).

Furthermore, if they are currently NOT per world/alliance please consider changing them to be.

It's not even remotely fair for people on low population servers like grazed or mybckn to have to compete with full servers like bera. You're limited to -receiving- 5 candies per day and there's only so many people you can share with.
Its2Sharp4UDividedFlow

Comments

• MattyMatty
    Reactions: 2,120
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    I asked a few days ago on discord and a VFM confirmed it's not per world but for GMS as a whole.

You're completely right anyway, it's broken by design.

My personal suggestion would be to change it from a ranking system to a flat amount of candy (e.g. share 25 candy for the first tier, 100 candy for the second, and 250 candy for the third.)

I really hope Nexon considers changing it as I was really looking forward to this event but as it stands I and many others have no chance in competing.
    Its2Sharp4UDividedFlow
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Rigged.
  • arugulaarugula
    Reactions: 830
    edited October 2017
    I've been wondering this as well and I'm very disappointed to hear this. Is there any way to have Nexon reconsider how the rankings work?
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited October 2017
    I'm not too sure if the functionality of the rankings can be changed at this point in time.
    However, we do see how placing low population servers in the same bracket as a high population servers can be unfair.

We will pass along this feedback to see if it can be addressed.
    Its2Sharp4UKhongiDividedFlowInvulgo
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited October 2017
    There's no way in hell it would be fair if Candy Share Rankings is GMS as a whole. The entire lot will be filled by mostly Reboot with their massive drop gear and Bera who recently got a boost in population from the world transfer event.

I hope the ranking bracket gets addressed.
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited October 2017
    Yeah, if this ranking system isn't being addressed in some way or another everyone on Grazed, Mybckn and Khroa might as well just stop farming candies as there's no way to compete with the other servers, especially Reboot with their easily accessible droprate gear and what not.
    Unless they change it to count per server/alliance, this event can be thrown on the "Good idea, horrible execution" pile.
    There's literally no reason not to, since all the rewards are cosmetic and don't affect the game no matter how many people get them.
    For once, please, show some backbone and fix yet another one of these glaring mistakes instead of flipping off the players.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Sounds like the low pop servers have no chance at the chair then. :(
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited October 2017
    Uhhh Well I'm a bit confused because the site says that you "could" get the chair from opening the candy that you collect from monsters.
    Haunted Halloween Candy

Hunt monsters within your level range (20 levels below and 20 levels above) to collect Halloween Candy! Special Halloween-themed elite monsters are also carrying candy, so make sure to look for them too. And if you’re in Henesys or Leafre, Bully Jack may appear! Take down this giant pumpkin to earn even more candy. Open your candy to receive several different varieties including Pumpkin-Flavored Halloween Candy and Trick or Treat Candy, as well as a chance to obtain an Oversized Halloween Candy Chair.

You're right.
    bc3e8Mo.png

Ak5OjSw.png

You also missed this text.
    • Suspicious Franken-candy: Use to have a chance to obtain an Oversized Halloween Candy Chair.

In short, Halloween Candy and Suspicious Franken-candy have a chance to give an Oversized Halloween Candy Chair. Since I'm currently the only known person who has it and it is still a Top 100 Ranking Reward you can expect the rates of obtaining the chair to be as low as the Ancient Guardian Chair or even lower.
    EDIT: Seems that another person went public.
    Oversized Halloween Candy Chair lookin pretty good
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited October 2017
    No changes being mentioned in the minor patch notes. Looks like we're getting flipped off again boys.
    Another perfectly good event gone to waste.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    RailBird wrote: »
    No changes being mentioned in the minor patch notes. Looks like we're getting flipped off again boys.
    Another perfectly good event gone to waste.

The thread started a day or so ago. Even if they're planning to do something there's no way it would have made it to the game within a day.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited October 2017
    It's pretty unfortunate that this wasn't thought of before the patch hit. Unlike the bandwagon to Bera, this issue was foreseeable.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Player patiently awaits trick or treaters on dead server.
    unknown.png
  • arugulaarugula
    Reactions: 830
    edited October 2017
    Uhhh Well I'm a bit confused because the site says that you "could" get the chair from opening the candy that you collect from monsters.
    Haunted Halloween Candy

Hunt monsters within your level range (20 levels below and 20 levels above) to collect Halloween Candy! Special Halloween-themed elite monsters are also carrying candy, so make sure to look for them too. And if you’re in Henesys or Leafre, Bully Jack may appear! Take down this giant pumpkin to earn even more candy. Open your candy to receive several different varieties including Pumpkin-Flavored Halloween Candy and Trick or Treat Candy, as well as a chance to obtain an Oversized Halloween Candy Chair.

You're right.
    bc3e8Mo.png

Ak5OjSw.png

You also missed this text.
    • Suspicious Franken-candy: Use to have a chance to obtain an Oversized Halloween Candy Chair.

In short, Halloween Candy and Suspicious Franken-candy have a chance to give an Oversized Halloween Candy Chair. Since I'm currently the only known person who has it and it is still a Top 100 Ranking Reward you can expect the rates of obtaining the chair to be as low as the Ancient Guardian Chair or even lower.

Do you remember around how many candies you opened before you received it?
    Also, I had noticed that bit in the notes but there was a picture of another giant pumpkin underneath so it was unclear if it was the same chair
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited October 2017
    arugula wrote: »
    Do you remember around how many candies you opened before you received it?
    Also, I had noticed that bit in the notes but there was a picture of another giant pumpkin underneath so it was unclear if it was the same chair

I've opened around 400 Halloween Candies when I got the chair. Much less than how much other people have farmed which are by the thousands by now.

The Giant Pumpkin Chair, Halloween Candy Hoard Chair can be obtained after sharing 50 Shareable Trick or Treat Candy.
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    i see how this goes from the begin not much helpfull info regarding this
    and by the time most things are answerd event will be near end ....

i just hope we dont see Maple World record-Champion issue going again (wich most like it will ... )
    even tho we know the end issue after few month they "lost" data and very few won include some hackers
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/32415/#Comment_32415

again same type event world competion (include hackers) and no track of ranking

hope they learned mistake with last events and make changes to this

• LittleMissRamenLittleMissRamen
    Reactions: 520
    edited October 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    I'm not too sure if the functionality of the rankings can be changed at this point in time.
    However, we do see how placing low population servers in the same bracket as a high population servers can be unfair.

We will pass along this feedback to see if it can be addressed.

Might I make a suggestion? I understand that it would be difficult to change the rankings mechanism at this stage of the event, so:
    Would it be possible to instead increase the chances for getting the chair directly from candy?

The current population situation does cause a huge imbalance in who ends up getting ranked, and I think the best solution would be @Matty's suggestion above:
    Matty wrote: »
    My personal suggestion would be to change it from a ranking system to a flat amount of candy (e.g. share 25 candy for the first tier, 100 candy for the second, and 250 candy for the third.)

But if it is not possible to change this aspect of the event, I think increasing the chances of the chair from candy could be at least a way to improve prospects of getting the chair for people in small servers who are already severely disadvantaged.