[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Why do people turn off whispers?

TheHoATheHoA
Reactions: 2,210
edited October 2017 in General Chat
Yes yes main reason is to not get barraged by people talking to you (or harassing you), but are there other more specific reasons?

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited October 2017
    1. If you are botting it can be used as evidence.
    2. Doing a lot of character swapping
    3. General hatred of people.
  • PooPandaPooPanda
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    I disable whispers when I go ham on gachapon or surprise boxes so I don't get bombarded by people asking if I'm looking to sell what I just got.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017
    PooPanda wrote: »
    I disable whispers when I go ham on gachapon or surprise boxes so I don't get bombarded by people asking if I'm looking to sell what I just got.

Ugh, I know! Why do people DO that? It's so annoying!
  • SparkleeSparklee
    Reactions: 2,630
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017

That is my reason also... Same for when I go mad on premium boxes also. But it's only ever temporary that I disable them.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited October 2017

This one of the reasons I do it. Also sometimes I just have one hour to play and want to be left alone before I go to bed. Some days I feel really internet social and want to talk to everyone, other days I do stuff from behind the scenes. Often I get more done by not being disturbed when I need to catch up on many things, then I will ask for input on things afterwards.

That being said I enable whispers shortly after I am done with whatever task I was doing. Most of the time it's not that hard to reach me.