[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

An end to kill stealing aka ksing

RichieHereRichieHere
Reactions: 410
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2017 in Rants and Raves
I’m sick and tired of op players especially during 2x events ks other players. Nexon this is ridiculous and it’s your fault this is happening. You don’t do nothing!

Comments

• 엘소드엘소드
    Reactions: 775
    edited October 2017
    What exactly do you propose?
    Maps now belong to the player that's been there the longest? Attacking a monster first makes it so that only you can kill it?

This is why I play on 'dead' servers. Hardly any KS'ing.
    DreamWeaver2ManyAlts
  • ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited October 2017
    If Nexon knew how to properly design maps and didn't always have 1 map being 10x better than every other one in the area then it wouldn't be a problem.
    MageOfBattles2ManyAlts
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited October 2017
    If Nexon knew how to properly design maps and didn't always have 1 map being 10x better than every other one in the area then it wouldn't be a problem.

It's probably not that they don't know how to properly design maps. It's more as if it was intentional, but of course it needs to change. One map being largely more significant than others will result in toxicity.

On the other hand, we've seen changes towards training areas for the worse. Some examples such as Lion King's Castle, Knight Stronghold, Alien Base, Haunted House, Blackgate (this is more mesos farming, but still a good example), Twilight Perion. The list keeps going on.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    엘소드 wrote: »
    Maps now belong to the player that's been there the longest? Attacking a monster first makes it so that only you can kill it?

That rule doesn't always apply.
    I grinded with my dawn warrior at drakes for 2 hours.
    Suddenly a hayato comes and ks me even though he exactly knew it was my map.
  • 엘소드엘소드
    Reactions: 775
    edited October 2017
    엘소드 wrote: »

That rule doesn't always apply.
    I grinded with my dawn warrior at drakes for 2 hours.
    Suddenly a hayato comes and ks me even though he exactly knew it was my map.

You're misreading my post.
    'I was here first, CC' is a rule/agreement made by the players themselves, not Nexon, so of course it would have no real binding power to enforce.

My post was asking if TC would be happy if Nexon did make it a feature of the game, but that shares its own problems like disconnections making you lose your map or afk'ers hogging them. Seeing as TC never gave a suggestion as to how Nexon should go about to fix it, Nexon probably sees this much like how the government sees people who claim 'We need to end homelessness' without having a plan in mind: Something that doesn't seem dire enought to be touched on atm.
    DarkPassenger
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017
    My class isn't that great at mobbing, so I have no problem sharing a map as long as the other person let's me have a tiny corner somewhere. People prefer to KS, though, which is annoying.
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited October 2017
    RichieHere wrote: »
    I’m sick and tired of op players especially during 2x events ks other players. Nexon this is ridiculous and it’s your fault this is happening. You don’t do nothing!

I dont know what sever you are playing, but you should be thankful there's people that exist to ks you. I don't know about anyone else, but I actually miss people telling me to cc, or lagging out of the fm because it was too crowded
    MewBlueberry
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    wow
    if only they had real dev team that could make actions on the spot or even listen-ask community things can be far better

i seen many effective methods around that deal with this so eazy and nice but again not going to happend

there is things that tracks your activity on the map and lets you claim the map with your name on it once you start be activ and hit and once you done no space for afk hold (like 1min maybe or so)
    a bit of work and improve it will fit our needs such as going to portal(frito etc etc )

this issue its years old and was never ever lookd in to improve so i dont see any change sooon to this
    i can name and show exact how such soulution works and how effective it is

they can even go far and make all the maps a bit larger and inforce teamplay but still to be nice if they solo half the map if no party at that moment etc etc but its other story

bazzyWONDERGUY
  • bazzybazzy
    Reactions: 1,525
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017

What point are you trying to make here? You're just blaming a company who had no involvement in any of this because some immature person came in and ksed you.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017
    bazzy wrote: »

What point are you trying to make here? You're just blaming a company who had no involvement in any of this because some immature person came in and ksed you.

Yeah, I hate KSing, but I don't know what Nexon can really do about it. Bigger maps might help, but that would take time and resources. A LOT of time and resources.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Reactions: 1,180
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    are you suggesting to make all maps the same? isn't that boring as hell? why not just deleted all maps and make a single map with 1000 channel? is that sounds good? Same exp more maps LMAO.
    Making a Vareity of maps is what makes this game not boring.You can always go to any other maps to avoid ksing. but unfortunately everyone fighting over the best. Ksing is part of the game. Something that we always remember about Maplestory. No Ksing = Not Maplestory ;p
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited October 2017
    Roni777 wrote: »
    are you suggesting to make all maps the same? isn't that boring as hell? why not just deleted all maps and make a single map with 1000 channel? is that sounds good? Same exp more maps LMAO.
    Making a Vareity of maps is what makes this game not boring.You can always go to any other maps to avoid ksing. but unfortunately everyone fighting over the best. Ksing is part of the game. Something that we always remember about Maplestory. No Ksing = Not Maplestory ;p

(Wait I'm confused I read and re-read all the posts and didn't see anyone who wanted to make all maps the same.)
    What I've seen people suggesting/hinting at, is that it'd be pretty swell if there was more than one "really great map" in each area. Also, I'm not sure how to respond to the end of your post. How does that defend or justify KS-ing? Because it's "part of the game"? Botters are a part of the game, does that mean it's desirable?
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Reactions: 1,370
    edited October 2017
    The ultimate cure to this problem is to play a different game, or play in private instances. Multi-Player Games are played by Multiples of People (that's kind of the point). ~ Yeah. I get it. You want a map all to yourself, all of the time (without any interruption ever); and so does the other 6 million plus people playing MapleStory.
  • bazzybazzy
    Reactions: 1,525
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    The ultimate cure to this problem is to play a different game, or play in private instances. Multi-Player Games are played by Multiples of People (that's kind of the point). ~ Yeah. I get it. You want a map all to yourself, all of the time (without any interruption ever); and so does the other 6 million plus people playing MapleStory.

boom moneyshot