[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon launcher won't open

JazBonesJazBones
Reactions: 330
edited July 2017 in Tech Support
When i try run nexon launcher, nothing appears, no error message, no window, nothing. There's no process under task manager either. I've tried excluding it from my firewall and antivirus, but that didn't help. I've also tried uninstalling it and reinstalling multiple times. It's worked fine for the last couple weeks. It's only been like this since today's launcher update.

Can anyone help?
CheshireFlowersFluxinatedPearChaos

Comments

• xJdubsheroxJdubshero
    Reactions: 300
    edited July 2017
    i have the same problem, never had any problems before
  • JazBonesJazBones
    Reactions: 330
    edited July 2017
    I've searched over the forum but nobody seems to have the exact same issue. If anyone did find a fix, please let me know.
  • FluxinatedFluxinated
    Reactions: 310
    edited July 2017
    same here, after logging in, nothing appears even if I click the system tray nexon launcher icon
  • FluxinatedFluxinated
    edited July 2017
    same here, after logging in, nothing appears even if I click the system tray nexon launcher icon, this launcher update messed up my game
  • xCoraxCora
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited July 2017
    mhm not sure if i have the same problem as above but when your problem is that maple doesnt open after clicking play.

than try logging out and close the login program wait until all programs from launcher are gone from the task manager.

sometimes it happens that the security programm gets stuck in the background and as long as it runs you cant open it.
    by closing everything it should automaticly get unstuck and close normaly.

than just restart the launcher and try again :)
  • FluxinatedFluxinated
    edited July 2017
    anyone have a fix on this problem? haven't able to play for 2 days already. I already reinstalled it multiple times and it seems not to work.
    On task manager, there are 4 nexon launcher client and nexon launcher running after I logged in but when i click the nexon launcher icon found in the system tray nothing appears, all menu options are greyed except the exit option

nexon_runtime log
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'subscribe'
    'NoneType' object has no attribute 'subscribe'
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "modules\loading_ui\main.py", line 79, in m_run
    File "modules\mbroker\m_interface.py", line 242, in listen_async
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'subscribe'
    AverageGuy
  • AverageGuyAverageGuy
    Reactions: 100
    edited July 2017
    Did you fix it? im having this problem too and i cant fix it
  • VolcharaVolchara
    Reactions: 795
    edited July 2017
    Same issue here on Windows 7 and its been well over a week now.
    Fluxinated wrote: »
    anyone have a fix on this problem? haven't able to play for 2 days already. I already reinstalled it multiple times and it seems not to work.
    On task manager, there are 4 nexon launcher client and nexon launcher running after I logged in but when i click the nexon launcher icon found in the system tray nothing appears, all menu options are greyed except the exit option

Exactly this.

After entering the sign-in details, nothing happens and the icon just sits in the task bar with no option for anything but exit.

• RizixRizix
    Reactions: 500
    edited July 2017
    i had this problem too this morning-- i fixed it opening task manager, ending the nexon client process, and reopening the launcher. idk if it'll help at all but it's worth a shot.
  • gijsiygijsiy
    edited August 2017
    whenever i try to launch maple, it says "currently in game". then a small window appears that only says "ok" have tried to reinstall it a couple of times but without success
  • PlsnerfPlsnerf
    Reactions: 230
    edited August 2017
    Has nobody fixed this still?
  • baruh91baruh91
    Reactions: 600
    edited August 2017
    try run the launcher as administrator that what i do so i switch it to auto run as administrator and not have this anymore
  • arielviewarielview
    edited October 2017
    Same issue. Tried turning off my firewall and allowing the program to pass through my firewall. That didn't work. I'm running WIndows Vista 3gb ram 2ghz. Nothing happens after opening the launcher. There is not a process or task that pops up in the task manager either. I tried running as Administrator and that doesn't change anything. Nothing happens still.
  • LunasAuraLunasAura
    Reactions: 400
    edited October 2017
    i often get around by clicking the "All games" button, but i havnt had this happen for a while
  • winterfoxfatwinterfoxfat
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2017
    I have this same problem, does someone fix it ? ive tried multiple options but still nothing happens!
  • Jasrae02Jasrae02
    Reactions: 400
    edited October 2017
    Yeah I'm having the same problem. I tried running the launcher as administrator, and I also tried opening it from Steam. I've redownloaded/installed several times... I don't know what to do! :(
  • White_ShadowWhite_Shadow
    Reactions: 805
    edited October 2017
    Hello guys! So, I got this problem last week. So I couldn't play by 1 week (October the 18th-25th). On october the 25th, my Nexon Launcher opened by itself, it basically fixed automatically. So, in my opinion, if you can't fix it, wait a little bit. When I had this problem I created one topic on this forum, and people are still discussing here : http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/16727/nexon-launcher-bugged#latest
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017
    Jasrae02 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm having the same problem. I tried running the launcher as administrator, and I also tried opening it from Steam. I've redownloaded/installed several times... I don't know what to do! :(

What, it won't open even with steam?
  • A_Random_PersonA_Random_Person
    edited November 2017
    It might work if you click it once and wait, it might just be your computer being slow. I clicked it once and waited and it popped up!
  • A_Random_PersonA_Random_Person
    edited November 2017
    It might work if you click it once and wait, it might just be your computer being slow. I clicked it once and waited and it popped up!

ok I got errors but hopefully it'll work for you