[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Dimensional Invasion changes.

GeminiaGeminia
Reactions: 2,370
edited April 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I've been thinking this for a while but Dimensional Invasion could use a few improvements. First, I believe monsters inside should drop meso, much like they do in Commerci voyages. Secondly, monsters inside should continue to scale with your level, also like Commerci, instead of hard capping at 180. Third, monsters inside should count towards quests that require you to kill monsters within your level range, once again, like Commerci does. And fourth, the bonus stage should be one of the two hording stages followed by the Blackheart stage, instead of one of the three. The glove pieces that can be obtained from Blackheart's bonus stage box can take weeks or even months to get enough for just one glove since we have basically a 33% chance of getting Blackheart's stage, and then probably like a 10% chance to get a glove piece from the box. Take into consideration that there are 4 different pieces of the glove to get before you can even claim the glove as well.

Also I know I don't give a good presentation like some people do, but if anyone here wants to help out with that, it'd be appreciated, and maybe have a higher chance of being implemented at some point.
GitWoke

Comments

• SealSeal
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited April 2017
    Mixed feelings.

Like Commerci, Mobs in DI are weak compared to their fixed level monsters counterparts, so I agree with removing the hard cap if that means more EXP gains. If Nexon does decide to remove the cap and scale them, just worried that it will be an "updated" scale where a lot of unfunded players might have difficulty killing monsters at their level range making DI ineffective for farming event drops. Depends on how Nexon goes about implementing this change.

Definitely (personally) want monsters in DI to count towards level range quests, especially if the 1000+kills are the new minimum for attendance, but might conflict with Nexon's attempt(?) to increase socialization by partying? Still support anyhow since that attempt has been pretty ineffective.

Not for Blackheart's Bonus Stage becoming a permanent stage of DI. This goes back to DI usefulness for farming event drops, and depending on how funded a player is, Blackheart's stage might not be doable, or too time consuming. If it becomes a permanent stage in addition to the others, players unable to complete this stage would miss out on the other 2 bonus stages which are great for EXP for those using it to level, or additional event drops. Unsure how to counter this issue for HQDIPQ gloves, besides perhaps suggesting that the pieces be added as a possibility in all DIPQ boxes.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    edited April 2017
    Seal wrote: »
    Not for Blackheart's Bonus Stage becoming a permanent stage of DI. This goes back to DI usefulness for farming event drops, and depending on how funded a player is, Blackheart's stage might not be doable, or too time consuming. If it becomes a permanent stage in addition to the others, players unable to complete this stage would miss out on the other 2 bonus stages which are great for EXP for those using it to level, or additional event drops. Unsure how to counter this issue for HQDIPQ gloves, besides perhaps suggesting that the pieces be added as a possibility in all DIPQ boxes.

Perhaps I wasn't clear in how this should be done, but Blackheart stage would come after the horde bonus stages, so you can do the horde stage for exp/drops and then leave afterwards if Blackheart is trouble for the player, making it completely optional.
    SealGitWoke
  • SealSeal
    edited April 2017
    Geminia wrote: »
    Seal wrote: »

Perhaps I wasn't clear in how this should be done, but Blackheart stage would come after the horde bonus stages, so you can do the horde stage for exp/drops and then leave afterwards if Blackheart is trouble for the player, making it completely optional.

Works for me then. Good luck :)!
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited April 2017
    the bonus stage is based on time of run, however theyre changing? or have changed it in kms recently, as for the other suggested changes, im for it, although they nerfed it for a reason, forgot why but idk it used to be a heckin good place to level up til 200, i got my windia phantom to 200 there a couple years ago
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    the bonus stage is based on time of run, however theyre changing? or have changed it in kms recently, as for the other suggested changes, im for it, although they nerfed it for a reason, forgot why but idk it used to be a heckin good place to level up til 200, i got my windia phantom to 200 there a couple years ago

Bonus stage used to work by time of run, but they changed it a while back. At the same time that they reduced entries to 5 per day and nerfed the exp to the ground, they changed the bonus to be completely random.

As for the original suggestion:
    I'm not too fond of the idea of the mobs continuing to scale past 180. The exp sucks anyway, so at least leave the mobs weak to let high-level but low-range characters one-hit them.
    Also don't think they should drop meso. Loot lag is a real thing and in this PQ, it can cause you to fail. I'd rather have just the event drops.
    Other than that, it would be nice if they counted for kill-count quests and if we could always fight Blackheart (if we want to). But I think a simpler solution to the HQ gloves would be to increase the chance of a glove piece coming from the box, by a lot.

Finally, something that DIPQ really needs is to not hide notifiers during a run. I'd really like to be able to turn in and re-accept certain repeatable event quests that require drops, especially since the number of runs is limited to 5. If Commerci Voyages can manage with all notifiers active, so can DIPQ.
    JettLuvsUPirateIzzyGitWokePetalmagic
  • SealSeal
    edited April 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

Bonus stage used to work by time of run, but they changed it a while back. At the same time that they reduced entries to 5 per day and nerfed the exp to the ground, they changed the bonus to be completely random.

As for the original suggestion:
    I'm not too fond of the idea of the mobs continuing to scale past 180. The exp sucks anyway, so at least leave the mobs weak to let high-level but low-range characters one-hit them.
    Also don't think they should drop meso. Loot lag is a real thing and in this PQ, it can cause you to fail. I'd rather have just the event drops.
    Other than that, it would be nice if they counted for kill-count quests and if we could always fight Blackheart (if we want to). But I think a simpler solution to the HQ gloves would be to increase the chance of a glove piece coming from the box, by a lot.

Finally, something that DIPQ really needs is to not hide notifiers during a run. I'd really like to be able to turn in and re-accept certain repeatable event quests that require drops, especially since the number of runs is limited to 5. If Commerci Voyages can manage with all notifiers active, so can DIPQ.

Yea, wasn't sure about other classes and DIPQ. Since Commerci scales and I'm still able to KO them, and I'm a reeeeally casual player, assumed it would be the same case, but DA has pretty OP attack range.

Anyways, agree to the notifiers. Was super annoying when I tried doing the recent balloon event quest and forgot to have it opened, more infuriating when it was closed automatically during bonus stage and I forgot to reopen on the next run.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    Event notifiers would be great, it is beyond annoying that you can't open them before.

Are event dropped scaled usually that they have to be within monster in "lvl" range? I honestly can't remember.

Yes, event drops are usually only from "monsters near your level". Read the quest dialogs sometime ;)
  • GeminiaGeminia
    edited September 2017
    In light of recent changes, I figured I'd bring up this topic again and hopefully get more discussion on the idea now that players have a little bit more perspective.
    ArgentGitWoke
  • GitWokeGitWoke
    Reactions: 410
    edited October 2017
    This is an old post that didn't get any traction, but I support 100%

Impossible to get this HQ gloves right now. I only do 2-3 DIPQ a day because of the terrible xp and how time consuming it is, and I frequently go 2-3 days before a Blackheart Stage and then OOOPS no glove or OOOPS already have that piece. This is week 6 of my attempts and I still only have 1 part (x3...how tilting)
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited October 2017
    revamp to a coin shop