[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Best caster mobbing class from 1-200 n

Drakeos99Drakeos99
Reactions: 1,625
edited January 2017 in General Chat
So wondering what claster class is worth to take from 1-200+ and had great 5th job and also able to do bosses without any difficulties ?

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Luminous has fairly good mobbing capabilities and their bossing abilities were increased when we received the KMS light/dark system.
    Their current 5th job skill, Gate of Light, is a very good full-map attack. Their upcoming 5th job skill, Punishing Resonator, creates a summon that attacks enemies in different directions depending on your current light/dark/equalibrium state. They'll also receive the hero 5th job skill Freud's Blessing, which is a stackable buff that grants invincibility on the 6th stack.

Alternatively, a Fire/Poison mage might be simpler to control. Their current 5th job, DoT Punisher, is as good a full-map as Gate of Light, although I'm not familiar with their upcoming 5th job skill (Poison Nova), which appears to be a simple damage-over-time skill. The upcoming Explorer mage skill, Unstable Memorize, isn't that good either, as it's effectively random (it does bypass normal cooldown, but you might get stuck firing magic bolt instead of something more worthwhile).

I would not recommend Ice/Lightning given your criteria; I've been training one myself because the 5th job skill Ice Age looks really awesome, but while mobbing is incredibly efficient with Chain Lightning, bossing is extremely difficult. Vellum is particularly difficult because Freezing Breath will lock Vellum underground, rendering him invincible.
    Drakeos99
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited January 2017
    Luminous is pretty good at mobbing but keep in mind that their teleport is the worst in the game.

The teleport range is something you need to worry about when speeding through mob maps or boss runs.

Mobbing = Excellent

Mobility = Horrible
  • Drakeos99Drakeos99
    edited January 2017
    Looking @ Fire/Poison and and seem alot of fun and great for mobbing with DOTS (i love dotting stuff up)
  • AlpsAlps
    Reactions: 520
    edited January 2017
    Neospector

Luminous has fairly good mobbing capabilities and their bossing abilities were increased when we received the KMS light/dark system.
    Their current 5th job skill, Gate of Light, is a very good full-map attack. Their upcoming 5th job skill, Punishing Resonator, creates a summon that attacks enemies in different directions depending on your current light/dark/equalibrium state. They'll also receive the hero 5th job skill Freud's Blessing, which is a stackable buff that grants invincibility on the 6th stack.

Alternatively, a Fire/Poison mage might be simpler to control. Their current 5th job, DoT Punisher, is as good a full-map as Gate of Light, although I'm not familiar with their upcoming 5th job skill (Poison Nova), which appears to be a simple damage-over-time skill. The upcoming Explorer mage skill, Unstable Memorize, isn't that good either, as it's effectively random (it does bypass normal cooldown, but you might get stuck firing magic bolt instead of something more worthwhile).

I would not recommend Ice/Lightning given your criteria; I've been training one myself because the 5th job skill Ice Age looks really awesome, but while mobbing is incredibly efficient with Chain Lightning, bossing is extremely difficult. Vellum is particularly difficult because Freezing Breath will lock Vellum underground, rendering him invincible.
    Strange, seems to work for me as an I/L mage

OT: Luminous will likely be your best bet

Edit: why is the block quotations bugged? -_-

• Drakeos99Drakeos99
    edited January 2017
    Alps
    Alps said:

Neospector

Strange, seems to work for me as an I/L mage

OT: Luminous will likely be your best bet

Edit: why is the block quotations bugged? -_-

Have 125 Lumi and didn';t like it cause it's boring for me :( prefer something more fun and extra stuff to keep me onmy feet
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2017
    @Alps
    Then I have horrible timing with Freezing Breath.

Quotations were one of the features disabled after an HTML injection attack occurred (users spamming the forums with obscene videos and rickrolls, exploiters abusing HTML functions to pose as moderators, etc), along with in-text images and general font formatting. Embedded YouTube videos still work, as do raw links (no hyperlinking).
    Nexon has elected to replace the previous HTML functions with the more simple BBCode; they are testing this on the Vindictus forums (http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/) and full forum functionality should be restored soon. We will lose some functionality (I.E. tables), but we do gain some as well (I.E. noparse).
  • Drakeos99Drakeos99
    edited January 2017
    So atm kinda VERY interested in Ice/Lightning mage to able to clear mobs faster but want something to boss easy like Hellux/and other bosses easy when geared (SW stuff)
  • Valerie84Valerie84
    Reactions: 310
    edited October 2017
    I main an I/L mage and I can tell you it's quite fun to play, and some of the skills are pretty useful, particularly freezing breath.
    With freezing breath you actually don't need to hold down the skill, especially if you are soloing, because the freeze still lasts the full duration - all you have to do is make sure the enemy is frozen. For Vellum you use freezing breath when he spits those one-hit fireballs, that way you freeze him when he is above ground. For RA I recommend this round of attacks - freezing breath to freeze, followed by ice age (5th job), blizzard, frozen orb and then hold down lightning orb. With my current range I can kill RA bosses with just one of these rounds of attacks
    I wouldn't recommend Lumi, especially after playing I/L for so long, because it just doesn't play as well as I/L
    F/P I have heard is better than I/L for damage but F/P is mostly DoT, and to get huge damage you have to set it up, which may be end up being the same as just spamming one skill. There is also a lot of debate as to I/L and F/P caps which I am not too sure about
    DividedFlow
  • LadysioLadysio
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited November 2017
    Late but i/l mage is stupidly good at mobbing before 5th job and after you just get insane AoE actually you get a FMA that lasts 30s and CD for 60s that with chain is just awesome.

F/p mage....eh

Lumi well after they force you now to go into light AND dark he lost most of his AoE strength but i mean if you hitting cap guess it wont matter and as far as fun ..subject to player.

Kenisis is by far the most crazy AoE mage i have ever played you throw mobs all over the map chucking trains and random debris everywhere XD also the only and i mean ONLY mage to have a hurricane skill in 4th job.

As far as bossing all of them are great just make a mihile and get it to 100 4th job get link skill win!
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited November 2017
    Luminous

Trust me you'll love it
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    fire poison is probably the most underrated leveling class of all (1-200)
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited November 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    fire poison is probably the most underrated leveling class of all (1-200)

Pity that 1~100 is absolute trash. Or 30~100.

Personally I've never really liked F/P. 2nd job is bland. Where we have I/L with better mobbing and more fleshed out ideas than just throwing their element around. Ignite is pretty nice I'll admit (Especially in the swamp region where it stacks to an absurd amount) I disliked 3rd more than 2nd. Explosion is slow, with a bad end lag, and if you try to teleport out of it there's a glitch that actually stops the attack. The only good thing about 3rd was the "slime" summon.

4th is okay, but I feel like unless you use Flame Haze, mist explosion isn't worth the trouble. And this is probably just me, but Paralyze makes such an unsatisfying noise (It's also a really weird sound for a fire attack).

It's 5th job looks a lot of fun though.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    explosion doesn't exist, you need to keep using the 2nd job skill.

Ignite, viral slimes and fire aura will carry you to victory.

One big drawback is that they can't actually hit all of the arms in zak lol.
    MageOfBattles
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited November 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    explosion doesn't exist

I found that hilarious.
  • tnyzngtnyzng
    Reactions: 800
    edited November 2017
    i still use explosion on my f/p when farming lol