[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

No hype train this time around?

StallbenStallben
Reactions: 1,245
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2017 in General Chat
A while back, there was someone (I don't remember who) that used to make hype train threads whenever a new class came out, but I'm surprised there isn't one now that we'll be getting Cadena and Illium soon. Maybe it's because Maplestory hasn't had a new class come out in quite a while. I'd make one myself, but I don't know how to do all that tech stuff (which considering the times we're in, its unheard of). Maybe its easy for others, but it's totally lost on me. Maybe not the actual putting the image of a train up, but putting the profile pics of people who want to join on the picture. I'm just putting it out there to try and get a hype train (or lack thereof) going, so it's just a thread I thought might be fun.

Comments

• MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited November 2017
    Hmm, I don't know about others, but I subbed to x3TheAran, who has a KMS test server account. So I heard about Illium and Cadena forever ago.

But you're right, I forgot about the hype train threads. I'll fix the absence of them. =3
    Invulgo
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited November 2017
    honestly , i am excited for the new nova class race, i have a cape waiting for her alright... and that new mage also. xD
    Lilyflower
  • BigDonutBigDonut
    Reactions: 440
    edited November 2017
    Stallben wrote: »
    Maybe it's because Maplestory hasn't had a new class come out in quite a while..

That's an exact opposite reason to not have a hype train.

Why would people starved of new content/classes not be excited for new content/classes?
  • StallbenStallben
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    BigDonut wrote: »
    Stallben wrote: »
    Maybe it's because Maplestory hasn't had a new class come out in quite a while..

That's an exact opposite reason to not have a hype train.

Why would people starved of new content/classes not be excited for new content/classes?

I didn't mean that in the context of not having new classes come out in a while. I meant that the person who used to do hype train threads may not be around anymore since the last new classes came out and because of that, there were no hype train threads because they were the only ones making them. That and also people could be burned out after already looking at the new content in KMS.
  • ZambookiiZambookii
    Reactions: 815
    edited November 2017
    Just hyped for 2 new character slots. More legion levels!!
    Invulgo
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2017
    I have hyped in my guild's discord...-hype overload- OMG I LOVE ILLIUM IT LOOKS SO COOL AND CADENA IS ALL STABBY STAB CHAINY CHAIN!
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    I remember when Angelic Buster came out,..around the time I joined the forums, I think, Dec. 2012? :D (Was wrong, January of 2013. Still really close!)
    I was sooo hyped, she is my idol! ♥
    Now that Cadena is coming out soon too, about five years later.. Sheesh. I'm gonna start tearing up.
    Brings me nostalgia. :')

(Yeah, less excited for Illium, compared to Cadena, but I will enjoy playing as both classes.)
  • GalvarGalvar
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited November 2017
    I am glad to see the release of two new classes after a dry spell between class releases, let alone, this patch has actual content that is not just events or adjustments, so I am actually very excited for this patch. (The lack of content is one of the reason I haven't really been playing the game all that much).
    While, I do look forward to playing Illum, the class I most look forward to playing is Cadena.
    Sherri
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited November 2017
    Appolon used to make the hype train threads ;-)
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    The game is a mess thus less people playing thus less hype ..
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited November 2017
    I like the possible Jekyll / Hyde idea with Cadena. She looks cute and helpless in the video with the fireball heading to her. It's like she's hit and a dragon artifact 'consumes' her to reforge her into the vessel for the dark dragon the Hyde side of the pair.
    Haven't looked too much into Illium but got a name reserved for him when he does come out.

Edit: Okay finally seen the background info on Cadena... was wrong about why there is the difference but darn it, the hyde syndrome sounded interesting to me.
    Still hyped to play Cadena