[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Will there ever be a fix

foussiremixfoussiremix
Reactions: 2,335
Member, Private Tester
edited January 2018 in Tech Support
Will there ever be a way to fix the multikill lag and fps drops.
Its really gameplay interrupting.
I lost like 10% exp because i couldn't use potions because the lag kinda disabled it.

I mean if you look at kms or sea, they have no lag during mob kills.
While i get "You have been blocked by gmspolice" everytime i use bullet barrage.

And i am sure its no my laptop, i am able to play spore on it and other mmos without problems.

Comments

• pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited November 2017
    Maple has been around awhile. It needs a good cleaning to get out all the old, useless code. That would take a lot of time and resources though.
    LilyflowerYinYangX
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2017
    Maple has been around awhile. It needs a good cleaning to get out all the old, useless code. That would take a lot of time and resources though.
    lol the spaghetti code XD.

• chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Soon the games system requirements will be 64 GB of ram
    DarkPassengerSherriSlicedTimeRokani
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited November 2017

The problem is that to keep players playing and to attract new players they need more content, they have to work on and focus on new content ahead of time that they probbaly dont have the time or resources to "clean up" old code that isnt needed.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017

I'm already having a heart attack over the current memory of the game, please noo ;-;
  • RennnRennn
    Reactions: 1,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017

Nah, more like a single-core processor with 8 GHz clock speed because of how this 10-year-old game was coded. Hopefully, we all have liquid nitrogen coolers for our PCs by then!
    DarkPassenger
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Also why are vanishing journey and future perion the only places where the game lags out when you kill mobs.
    Jesus they need to be optimized
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2017
    Also why are vanishing journey and future perion the only places where the game lags out when you kill mobs.
    Jesus they need to be optimized

They aren't.

However, loot lag is related to questing logic, so the more quests you have (completed or running), the greater the lag. This is why loot lag is more prevalent on older characters than on newer ones.