[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Clay Skin Tone (Aran skin)

CuckCuck
Reactions: 745
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Anyone find it weird how the clay skin tone isn't available in game after the heroes update?
It's clearly in the game data because it's selectable through the android beauty salon.
My wife's son and I play and he'd love to use the tone because there aren't that many options when it comes to darker skin tones in game. (IE the skin is either really dark or really pale no middle options.)
This should have been an option in the Aran character creation because it's the canon look. If I recall correctly both Mercedes and Demons have their own unique skin tones.
It would also be nice to have the option to change to this tone with a skin coupon for player use.

Make this happen please!
AKradianKerkerseeleNiightseekerLoliemperor52

Comments

• LoliLoli
    Reactions: 460
    edited October 2016
    I've been waiting for this to come to GMS 2-3 years ago ever since I first saw it on bannedstory.
    emperor52
  • emperor52emperor52
    Reactions: 1,940
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Yes to this! Really thought it would be added after Aran's revamp, just doesn't make sense why it's available for androids but not our characters, and like you said, shown during character creation for both Aran and male Blaster, but not even an option to actually use.

@KThxBaiNao is there any way you could add this to the list of Suggestions and Feedback to be forwarded? Seems like it''d be a simple thing to add...
  • KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited October 2016
    PLEASE I NEED THIS. It's really disappointing that Aran's skin still hasn't been made available. I would also really like other colours to be up for purchase please, like grey and light/medium pink?. It seems JMS has all these:

emperor52
  • WeekendBossWeekendBoss
    Reactions: 760
    edited October 2016
    So no one's going to point it out?

• emperor52emperor52
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Klara
    Klara said:

PLEASE I NEED THIS. It's really disappointing that Aran's skin still hasn't been made available. I would also really like other colours to be up for purchase please, like grey and light/medium pink?. It seems JMS has all these:

Wow, I knew about Aran's skintone but I didn't know there was that many different tones. I wonder if KMS and the others have that many too...

• KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited October 2016
    @emperor52 Here, check this out: maplesimulator.com/bannedstory/program#. If you haven't heard of it, it's a character simulator called BannedStory that you can use to plan your in-game looks. This is the updated web version and there's also an older version that hasn't been updated for ~2 years. Both have a lot of problems and it's unknown if they're going to get updated again, but they're still usable. In the new one, you can select different maplestory regions and view the skin colours available. JMS seems to be the only one with all the skin colours....
  • emperor52emperor52
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    @Klara Oh cool, thanks! I've known about bannedstory for a while, but I've never checked any other section besides GMS and KMS. Well hopefully they can add at least Aran's tone since it's already available for andriods, and maybe add the rest later on...
  • StarrySWolfStarrySWolf
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited October 2016
    Omg please this i want aran skin color so much please please please also did you notice the native American skin color available for anodriods only weird huh I wonder if it still does that
  • CuckCuck
    Reactions: 745
    edited November 2016
    @KThxBaiNao

Can you please respond? I think it's fair to say that those with darker skin have been marginalized enough in the real world; let alone on an online mmo where those same people don't have the option to correctly represent their skin pigmentation via in game character.

Thank you very much and I hope to see this simple update in future patches.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Cuck
    Cuck said:

@KThxBaiNao

Can you please respond? I think it's fair to say that those with darker skin have been marginalized enough in the real world; let alone on an online mmo where those same people don't have the option to correctly represent their skin pigmentation via in game character.

Thank you very much and I hope to see this simple update in future patches.
    You think that's bad?

Right now there's a bug in the game where if you try to create a "tan" or "dark" character, it turns out "light"...
    JettLuvsU
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited November 2016
    OP's username and post is hilarious.