[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Raise Mesos Cap To 100B

Mercedes4Ever31Mercedes4Ever31
Reactions: 1,215
edited November 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I mean, come on.... I just got scammed last night, supposed to buy a really nice Fafnir for 20b, so that kid from Bera, told me to go first and brought 2 vouchers, and they all were nice and seems pretty legit, so I decided to go first and paid him the first 10b, and when I went to the bank to grab the other 10b and came back, he disappeared along with his 2 vouchers (probably his friends, they all were in the same Guild called "Matcha") T_T

I understand that 10b might not be a lot of mesos for a many people but for me, that's really a lot.

So Nexon, I'm begging you, please raise the mesos cap from 10b to 100b.
darikGomenasaiSuperSaiyan3Cadena91cheezburger85Envo
  1. Should Nexon raise the mesos cap from 10b to 100b?45 votes
    1. Yes, right now please.
       71% (32 votes)
    2. No
       29% (13 votes)

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2017
    Er, why exactly are you buying a Fafnir weapon for 20b when the average cost of a clean weapon is typically ranging from 5m-20m (often on the lower-end of that scale)? I won't question your decision or anything, but Fafnirs are not typically worth twice the meso cap.

Also, please do not accuse others of scamming on the forums. Report them in-game or file a ticket.
  • Mercedes4Ever31Mercedes4Ever31
    edited November 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    Er, why exactly are you buying a Fafnir weapon for 20b when the average cost of a clean weapon is typically ranging from 5m-20m (often on the lower-end of that scale)? I won't question your decision or anything, but Fafnirs are not typically worth twice the meso cap.

Also, please do not accuse others of scamming on the forums. Report them in-game or file a ticket.

It was scrolled, main potential was Legendary, 18% att and 30% damage boss, Bonus potential was Legendary as well, 9% att.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited November 2017

When it is fully scrolled, 15 starred, legendary on main and bonus potential, 25% boss neb, decent Magnicifent soul stat and very good lines on potentials, it may worth that price.

Unless an edit was made to remove IGNs to not see who scammed, it's ok to mention he got scammed as long as there is no name.

We need to eliminate botters completely so every items in-game will worth way less expensive. Why can't we have any GM patroling botting maps everyday?
    darikGomenasai
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited November 2017
    The AH update just hit the KMST servers, and it raises the cap to 30 bill.
    YinYangXChiruno
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited November 2017
    30 is still not enough. We needed 100b. There are items in this game on certain servers that exceed that value or get very close.
    darikGomenasai
    edited November 2017
    Peep wrote: »
    30 is still not enough. We needed 100b. There are items in this game on certain servers that exceed that value or get very close.

Yes, you're definitely right, 30b is not enough AT ALL! we need 100b as soon as possible.
    Monsterriper
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    I'm lucky enough to have 30m =_=
    YinYangXYoshumariGames_Of_ChanceJacaruEnvo
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited November 2017

It probably was 20b because it could have legendary potential and legendary bonus potential, idk if nexon is aware of this or not but the really good items with legendary pot/ legendary bonus potential are way avobe 10b or 30b(future meso cap increase) they are around 50b or even more, to avoid legit players get scammed by assholes something needs to be done( increase meso cap to 100b or even more or do something to fix the broken economy most servers suffer from).
    Gomenasai
    edited November 2017
    darik wrote: »

It probably was 20b because it could have legendary potential and legendary bonus potential, idk if nexon is aware of this or not but the really good items with legendary pot/ legendary bonus potential are way avobe 10b or 30b(future meso cap increase) they are around 50b or even more, to avoid legit players get scammed by assholes something needs to be done( increase meso cap to 100b or even more or do something to fix the broken economy most servers suffer from).

Yeah, everything in the fm is literally above 10b, which is really annoying too, everything is just overpriced!
    I've heard it's all because mesos rate is low, so the lower mesos rate is, the expensive things will get.
    Back then, a really godly weapon would cost only a few bils.

I bet Nexon could fix everything in no time if they could at least take care of those hackers who spam their mesos sale sites, I mean, think about it, if hackers couldn't advertise that they're selling mesos (and couldn't advertise their sites), mesos prices should raise up to the sky and then the economy would change by a LOT.

Speaking of hackers, why Nexon won't take care of all those mesos selling sites?
    darikGomenasai
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    edited November 2017

Speaking of hackers, why Nexon won't take care of all those mesos selling sites?

We need to rid of botters in-game. But players rarely report them.

SINCE THERE ARE A BUNCH OF THESE, WHY THE HELL NEXON DOESN'T PATROL GAME INSTEAD OF US REPORTING THEM IN EVERY MAPS AND CH??? They way it work is you can report one at a time and it's 10 report daily PER Character!! I want a confirmation from Nexon that in-game report actually works. Also in one of last reports I made via Live chat, I have reported one player advertising meso site. The proof that they don't really log is I reported one IGN in particular, it got rid off instantatly which is nice, but I mentionned other maps (not IGNs) where there are more of these players. I even showed a SS of example what I select to report ads with another players spamming (without mentioning this new IGN). It was still online ...

I would like to have GM power to actually ban these botters lol. Also I would love Nexon to create event which lasts 1 month so players which report the most botters will win some prizes :D And I will tell everyone where they hide.

***Here is one thing... Botters who spawn elite boss in Arcane River, when I land in these maps with my hyper teleport rock, when trying to get close to botter, it already cc so I can't report them f3.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    edited November 2017
    thrakkes wrote: »

SINCE THERE ARE A BUNCH OF THESE, WHY THE HELL NEXON DOESN'T PATROL GAME INSTEAD OF US REPORTING THEM IN EVERY MAPS AND CH??? They way it work is you can report one at a time and it's 10 report daily PER Character!! I want a confirmation from Nexon that in-game report actually works. Also in one of last reports I made via Live chat, I have reported one player advertising meso site. The proof that they don't really log is I reported one IGN in particular, it got rid off instantatly which is nice, but I mentionned other maps (not IGNs) where there are more of these players. I even showed a SS of example what I select to report ads with another players spamming (without mentioning this new IGN). It was still online ...

I would like to have GM power to actually ban these botters lol. Also I would love Nexon to create event which lasts 1 month so players which report the most botters will win some prizes :D And I will tell everyone where they hide.

***Here is one thing... Botters who spawn elite boss in Arcane River, when I land in these maps with my hyper teleport rock, when trying to get close to botter, it already cc so I can't report them f3.

The great advantage of no longer getting any botter in-game is the items cost. It will drastically decrease so players loaded of nx, meso and worthful items to sell will be forced to drop price, so everyone can afford buying stuffs. Isn't it marvelous?

EDIT: Omg I completely messed up, I wanted edit the reply above but I made a new quoted reply instead T.T
  • SuperSaiyan3SuperSaiyan3
    Reactions: 985
    edited November 2017

I don't get it, why so people voted "No"? this is just ridiculous.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    edited November 2017

I don't get it, why so people voted "No"? this is just ridiculous.

It's like saying why would we get something because of botters? If there was no botter, no one will get loaded of mesos and all items will cost less expensive, giving more value to mesos.

If anything, we need to get MTS back (maple trade system). People selling/buying nx mainly because it was legal with MTS, then because of dupes and exploits, it has been removed.
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017

Ok... I can only stand so much. Do you expect players to kill endgame bosses with clean fafnir gear?

Do you expect people to roll $1k just in cubes(main/bpot) to get 2-3 lines of %attack on average(main/bpot)?

Then when that's all over, and they play this game enough to get the next upgrade of arcane shade are you expecting that player who spent $1000 to sell this item for 10b and call it a day?

Are you freaking serious right now?
  • SuperSaiyan3SuperSaiyan3
    Reactions: 985
    edited November 2017
    L4d2jpn wrote: »

Ok... I can only stand so much. Do you expect players to kill endgame bosses with clean fafnir gear?

Do you expect people to roll $1k just in cubes(main/bpot) to get 2-3 lines of %attack on average(main/bpot)?

Then when that's all over, and they play this game enough to get the next upgrade of arcane shade are you expecting that player who spent $1000 to sell this item for 10b and call it a day?

That's true, lol.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017

10B should be way more valuable then it is right now, we can thank botters for that, in KMS the 30B meso increase is more then enough, because mesos there are just that much more valubale.

GMS 1 Billion Mesos = 1.3/1.4 Maple Points/NX/USD
    KMS 1 Billion Mesos = 66.3/66.4 Maple Points/NX/USD

do you see my point? ( sigh if we only didn't have any or as much botters, though it's not an easy task to kill them off, but when 1 Billion in game currency is worth jackshit, that's when you know you got a problem with your in game currency.

because doing trades for over 100 or even 300 of Billions can result in scams, and items are priced way too high ( which is just nuts for new players )
    for ex: 17 Stared Arcane Umbra gear in kms is worth like 7.3/7.5 Billion of mesos.

in gms arcane umbra gear is worth more then 250 Billion mesos or maybe even more, i know that players in gms just sell items for usd, so it's nearly impossible to buy end game gear with a reasonable amount of mesos.

Mesos should become way way way more valuable in GMS then they currently are, because that hurts everyone

cheezburger85Mercedes4Ever31SlicedTimeShadowParadox
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Kms controls botting through means of associating an account with a SSN. Try doing that in gms and you lose most if not all of the population (do you really trust nexonNA with your info?).

I know the meso is more valuable in kms. I would more than happily get to a stage where 1b would be considered roughly 60b current in game.

Do you know how many pss items I have that's going to rot in my cs inventory because I refuse to do USD trades?

But that's besides the fact. My original quote was to point out that the person quoted is so out of touch with the game if they think :
    A) clean fafnir is good enough for endgame
    B ) the current game USD spent to meso translation is more like 1:.01 versus 1:1

We aren't kms. NexonNA doesn't have a good/accurate autoban system. Anything they've done to try to control the nx:meso rates dies because it's a joke compared to what it currently is in this economy.

Bring back mts or raise the cap 100b+. It's far beyond repairable at this point.
    Gomenasai
  • GomenasaiGomenasai
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited November 2017
    Kms controls botting through means of associating an account with a SSN. Try doing that in gms and you lose most if not all of the population (do you really trust nexonNA with your info?).

I know the meso is more valuable in kms. I would more than happily get to a stage where 1b would be considered roughly 60b current in game.

Do you know how many pss items I have that's going to rot in my cs inventory because I refuse to do USD trades?

But that's besides the fact. My original quote was to point out that the person quoted is so out of touch with the game if they think :
    A) clean fafnir is good enough for endgame
    B ) the current game USD spent to meso translation is more like 1:.01 versus 1:1

We aren't kms. NexonNA doesn't have a good/accurate autoban system. Anything they've done to try to control the nx:meso rates dies because it's a joke compared to what it currently is in this economy.

Bring back mts or raise the cap 100b+. It's far beyond repairable at this point.

I like your idea, and wow, I haven't seen the MTS for such a long time now, how long it has been? oh my gosh.
  • Cadena91Cadena91
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited November 2017

10B should be way more valuable then it is right now, we can thank botters for that, in KMS the 30B meso increase is more then enough, because mesos there are just that much more valubale.

do you see my point? ( sigh if we only didn't have any or as much botters, though it's not an easy task to kill them off, but when 1 Billion in game currency is worth jackshit, that's when you know you got a problem with your in game currency.

because doing trades for over 100 or even 300 of Billions can result in scams, and items are priced way too high ( which is just nuts for new players )
    for ex: 17 Stared Arcane Umbra gear in kms is worth like 7.3/7.5 Billion of mesos.

in gms arcane umbra gear is worth more then 250 Billion mesos or maybe even more, i know that players in gms just sell items for usd, so it's nearly impossible to buy end game gear with a reasonable amount of mesos.

Mesos should become way way way more valuable in GMS then they currently are, because that hurts everyone

You took the words right out of my mouth, but the question is, how do we do that? how do we get rid of all those hackers? frankly, I gave up training.
  • cheezburger85cheezburger85
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited November 2017
    Cadena91 wrote: »

You took the words right out of my mouth, but the question is, how do we do that? how do we get rid of all those hackers? frankly, I gave up training.

We need some active GM who can actually ban these botters who spam in Leafre, Henesys, FM, etc.