[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Inventory separate Consolidate Items and Item Sort

Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
Reactions: 6,020
edited November 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
This double combo button has inconvenienced me more than it has helped me. Sometimes I would want to Consolidate Items so empty rows can be neatly seen but accidentally clicking Item Sort causes all kinds of grief for me since it organizes the inventory in a way I don't want.

I'd like this two-step button to be separated into individual buttons.

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Semi-related, but how does the Item Sort organize stuff? I have a lot of stuff from past events/no longer obtainables and I liked to keep them in chronological order but the Item Sort button messes that up. =l
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited November 2017
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Semi-related, but how does the Item Sort organize stuff? I have a lot of stuff from past events/no longer obtainables and I liked to keep them in chronological order but the Item Sort button messes that up. =l

From what I've seen they most likely organize by item id (via numbers) in the database. From a programmer's perspective it makes sense but for many players it's more frustrating than what it's worth.
    YinYangX
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017

From what I've seen they most likely organize by item id (via numbers) in the database. From a programmer's perspective it makes sense but for many players it's more frustrating than what it's worth.

Hmm, I wonder about that, (unless I'm understanding the item id system wrong) since if it's by item id, I'd assuming items that were "created" sooner/older would be placed at one end while newer/recent items would be on the other end, but that doesn't seem to be the case for all my chairs. =l
    Ty for input though.