[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Gollux Shop has no good reason to be limited.

TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
Reactions: 2,120
edited November 2017 in Rants and Raves
There is no good reason for Nexon to limit the purchase of Gollux equips to be 1. There are people who unfortunately have either destroyed their superior equips or npc'd it. Especially in Reboot this is a complete hindrance to a character. And that player either has the choice to completely restart their character or deal with it. What reason doe nexon have to make Gollux a one time purchase only?

So I doubt that they would even look at these suggestion threads, Nexon really should consider changing the limit on Gollux equips

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    The reason is that in normal servers, if the rings and earrings could be bought multiple times, people would flood the market with them.

You might want to amend your suggestion to say *in Reboot*.

(And I believe the same suggestion has been made in the past).
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited November 2017
    It would be really cool if the shop reset once a year.

I made that suggestion in the past a few times. Some players actually level new characters just to farm Gollux equips. I admire the effort!
    Mesos
  • TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    edited November 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    The reason is that in normal servers, if the rings and earrings could be bought multiple times, people would flood the market with them.

Ahhh yeah. I guess that'll effect normal servers, but what's the difference between buying it multiple times and doing it on multiple characters O: ? I mean I'd still be happy if they limited it to like 3 per character. Not even resetting it.
  • TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    edited November 2017
    Invulgo wrote: »
    It would be really cool if the shop reset once a year.

I made that suggestion in the past a few times. Some players actually level new characters just to farm Gollux equips. I admire the effort!

once a year is a bit long of a wait ; _ ;. Since you're a VFM and I don't really know much about posting on here, how often do Devs even listen to these suggestions? Are they just like "we hear you. but we aren't going to do it" Because that's what it feels like most of the time. This change doesn't really come at a cost to Nexon themselves like when they added Buff Reezers to Reboot. It's I guess a "quality of life" thing.

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

Ahhh yeah. I guess that'll effect normal servers, but what's the difference between buying it multiple times and doing it on multiple characters O: ? I mean I'd still be happy if they limited it to like 3 per character. Not even resetting it.

The difference is that buying it multiple times takes 4-5 days of maybe 10 minutes each, per item (if you can clear Hell Gollux), while creating a new character and leveling up and gearing it so it can fight gollux and then collecting coins on easy/normal mode takes at least two weeks of at least an hour a day. It's way more tedious.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Then why can we buy AbsoLab/Arcane Umbra equips mulitple times? ,point is the items should not have a set limit on the amount of times it can be purchased just like Absolab and Arcane equipment doesn't have any.

PS. i don't know whether it has a purchase limit in JMS/TMS/CMS. ( Japan,Taiwan,China MapleStory Regions ) ( gollux originates from JMS )

PPS. it takes a long time to do the gollux pre quests as well, and it even takes time to farm gollux dailiy, but what i'm trying to say is that if the purchase limit is removed,it should be removed in all servers and not only in reboot, the fact that you can purchase it it normal servers doesn't justify it to be purchasable multiple times in reboot alone.

TL;DR: Make Gollux Equips be purchasable mulitple times ( without a limit ) just like AbsoLab and Arcane Umbra equipment currently are ( in all worlds )