[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nova Coin Box Drop Rate

DrymusDrymus
Reactions: 350
edited November 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
It seems to me as though the drop rate for the event coin boxes are much lower than similar boxes in previous events.

It took about three times longer for me to gather 60 boxes than it did in the Override update, despite the fact that my total drop rate is now 20% higher now.

Has anyone else been experiencing this? If so, is there any reason why the drop rate was changed? Collecting 60 boxes is now a huge time commitment, and we can't stock up for future days anymore either.

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited November 2017
    I got 60 boxes within levels 33-5x. Wasn’t too bad.
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    The box droprate is indeed lower as previous patches. With using my dropgear, wolf underling familiar, monster life and inner ability etc it took me at least 30 minutes to farm the 60 boxes and I got a little over 30 Dragon boxes at the same time. Its quite a time investment.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited November 2017
    I got most of my coins with the popsicles. Boxes aren't awful at dropping, though, not like the stuff for the moon bunny event way back.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    For me it says I pick up boxes but I look in my inventory and they aren't there..?
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited December 2017
    Sherri wrote: »
    For me it says I pick up boxes but I look in my inventory and they aren't there..?

You get the coins automatically.