[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Why not release BOTH new characters same day?

BlaxtarBlaxtar
Reactions: 860
edited November 2017 in General Chat
so MS got an update,but didn't get illium. I thought both would be out same day with this whole "choose your hero" pick a side and get a medal or whatever thing going on. or WILL go on,at least. or maybe already did I don't really know been like 5 months.
though why wasn't illium released? some sort of optimization thing/language barrier or simply holding off on the content for some reason

Comments

• ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited November 2017
    This is how it always is with multiple character releases. If you don't keep up to date with the KMS patching style, here's how it goes:

Usually a major update will roll out in multiple parts. I believe what is known as the Nova patch here in GMS was released over 5 separate patches in the frame of about ~1 month's worth of time.

It was made pretty clear that Cadena would roll out first and then Illium along with certain other bits of content that would be released alongside them. If you look at the in-game 'breakthrough' event going on right now, the rewards start at Lv. 140 and go to Lv. 200. With the release of new characters, these rewards usually follow close behind (burning, etc.) and so in order to maximize player exposure to a character (as well as prevent people from complaining about not being able to claim both sets of rewards, I assume) the content is split over multiple patches.

There's a 6 month delay between KMS and GMS so all the translation (except for the stuff they miss pretty regularly) is already done and we all know that Nexon NA loves to optimize on the fly via frequent maintenances.

TL;DR
    Illium will drop soon so feel free to enjoy Cadena for now. . . or not if this class really doesn't appeal to you.
  • OldmanHoipOldmanHoip
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2017
    Holding off the content, giving Cadena players a chance to commit before trying out the newer class probably.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2017
    it's to allow players to not have to rush the new character events they give for each new class or character (Lvl up events and such) also helps to pad out the content and not let players feel burned out or overwhelmed.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited November 2017
    If they released both at the same time it might feel a bit overwhelming. Best to space it out a bit.
    Sherri
  • BifflinBifflin
    Reactions: 600
    edited November 2017
    Same as everyone else, plus it makes it easier to level without having to worry which character you choose to put your link skills on for the day to grind. Illium is set to release December 20, I promise it'll come faster than you think.