[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Liking Cadena so far

DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
Reactions: 8,980
edited November 2017 in General Chat
The speed of the weapon attacking and the combos stacking are fun and all but the weapons dont drop, using the level 10 chain at level 64.
Lilyflower

Comments

• foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Me too
    I really like her
    The only thing that bothers me sometimes is the chain grab skill, sometimes it doesnt attach to a plattform.

But she plays really good.

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    edited November 2017
    Me too
    I really like her
    The only thing that bothers me sometimes is the chain grab skill, sometimes it doesnt attach to a plattform.

But she plays really good.

What I noticed about the pursuit skill is, it’s transparent when you launch it then after a moment it materializes, that’s when you lock on to the platforms. Also, it’s ping dependent.
    Lilyflower
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited November 2017
    Note that Tot's know-how (apart from the Lv. 20 box) gives chains.
    edited November 2017

I thought tot wasn’t available in reboot

But I’ll keep it in kind when I make a cadena in windia
    Lilyflower
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited November 2017
    Ah, you're in reboot? That changes things. In that case, I also haven't seen chains dropping in regular servers from mobs either. Seems like a bug to me.
    edited November 2017
    Ah, you're in reboot? That changes things. In that case, I also haven't seen chains dropping in regular servers from mobs either. Seems like a bug to me.

Waiting for a friend to finish her finals to make a cadena in windia but both my mains are equal on reboot and windia.

I may have to check it out though, cause training maps may also be better in a empty world like Windia
    Lilyflower
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited November 2017
    Cadena is...well "fun" but killing bosses is sorta a hassle the big bosses are fine to a point, like horntail...rip combo's cause to hit the head all you can do is use chain thrash, zakum is super stupid easy with cadena it was like going in with a thunder breaker and using thunder XD.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Krimlock wrote: »
    Cadena is...well "fun" but killing bosses is sorta a hassle the big bosses are fine to a point, like horntail...rip combo's cause to hit the head all you can do is use chain thrash, zakum is super stupid easy with cadena it was like going in with a thunder breaker and using thunder XD.

There are dps combos which can help you for bossing..
    The pursuit skill plays a huge role .
  • JacaruJacaru
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited November 2017
    Only major issue for me are non-existent weapons, yah. I wonder if blacksmithing can make it?
    People have been saying it plays like blaster but honestly it's more like mercedes. Blaster feels really heavy even during casual grinding, because it is like rapid fire, while mercedes feels really light. And so does cadena, unless ofc you will go cancel-animation mode. There is an option with blaster too, but it doesn't help much when so much is revolving around the constant button-mashing concept. What made blaster feel heavy for me, were the buttons you needed to hold down, so it's still the most difficult class imo. Cadena's Chain Arts: Pursuit needs to be held down for a liittle bit longer to reach futher away, skills won't lift you as much as with mercedes so I guess she is 40% merc and 10% blaster. (50% being cadena's originality, i guess) Holding down the recharge with cadena feels like something so small you barely notice it., and is easier to get used to than blaster's double-heavy recharge.

I like the girly colours, and prefer them over blaster's orange. Also I won't lose my hand completely to maple. Might probably change main.
  • silverxpuresilverxpure
    Reactions: 560
    edited November 2017
    They NEED to fix the way ShotGun, Dagger and Striking Brick Work. These skills weren't inteneded to be Airborne only skills (IN KMS THEY AREN'T) yet for some odd reason Nexon America made it so that they are. This honestly takes away a lot of the fluidity of the class away and makes it feel way more clunkier than it should be.

They seriously need to fix it ASAP or else New Cadena players will be offput by a something that shouldn't have even existed in the first place.
    Sherripandabunnies
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    They NEED to fix the way ShotGun, Dagger and Striking Brick Work. These skills weren't inteneded to be Airborne only skills (IN KMS THEY AREN'T) yet for some odd reason Nexon America made it so that they are. This honestly takes away a lot of the fluidity of the class away and makes it feel way more clunkier than it should be.

They seriously need to fix it ASAP or else New Cadena players will be offput by a something that shouldn't have even existed in the first place.

I agree
    Its so painful jumping and not being high enough.
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited November 2017

I agree
    Its so painful jumping and not being high enough.

This is what i ment by rip combo's i played KMS cadena, much combo such wow but now i have to constantly press jump to even activate HALF my skills thats just not right.

The skill are supposed give the option of "IF" used in the air not "only" XD come nexon pls...
  • BifflinBifflin
    Reactions: 600
    edited November 2017

Tot's Know How is available in Reboot, it was added sometime recently. Just click on the Events tab (the star) and there'll be a button for him to get all this fun goodies he has to offer for listening to his tutorials.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    As soon as I got the level 60 chain, I spell traced/star forced/potential'd it.
    I'll be stuck with this baby for a while, might as well make it as strong as I can.

Yeah, I love Cadena, she is fun to play. Even if some skills are 'Airborne Only', it's fun to dash around the map.
    Reminds me a lot of Thunder Breaker, another class which is fun.
    Or even Battle Mage.

Also why does everyone say it makes their hands hurt? Is that normal or am I just really used to the combo system?
    edited November 2017
    Bifflin wrote: »

Tot's Know How is available in Reboot, it was added sometime recently. Just click on the Events tab (the star) and there'll be a button for him to get all this fun goodies he has to offer for listening to his tutorials.

a pal told me in game, but thanks I hadnt noticed tot was available, I got to 97 with the level 10 chain.
    Lilyflower
    edited November 2017
    Sherri wrote: »
    As soon as I got the level 60 chain, I spell traced/star forced/potential'd it.
    I'll be stuck with this baby for a while, might as well make it as strong as I can.

Yeah, I love Cadena, she is fun to play. Even if some skills are 'Airborne Only', it's fun to dash around the map.
    Reminds me a lot of Thunder Breaker, another class which is fun.
    Or even Battle Mage.

Also why does everyone say it makes their hands hurt? Is that normal or am I just really used to the combo system?

I find cadena more fluid with the combos. maybe it's how they have their keys set
    Lilyflower
    edited November 2017
    2/10
    Would be better without cooldowns.

by the time you cycle through the 6+ for the stacks, the cool downs have passed. You have a thing against cool downs dont you?
    Lilyflower
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    2/10

by the time you cycle through the 6+ for the stacks, the cool downs have passed. You have a thing against cool downs dont you?

I do gotta agree, cooldowns are evil but a necessary evil I guess. :p
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited December 2017
    2/10

Hi DeeMon! Yet another new account I see?
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    2/10

Hi DeeMon! Yet another new account I see?

He will never stop reincarnating