[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

is anyone else having a problem

MessengesMessenges
Reactions: 840
edited November 2017 in General Chat
i deleted my char to re make a Zero and it wont let me use the IGN anymore this name use to happen what is going on

Comments

• BeamyRayBeamyRay
    Reactions: 920
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Yes I cannot create my new character because of this.
  • MessengesMessenges
    edited November 2017
    wtf is going on it says my name is taken but i tried it soo many times
    and it wont let me remake my char with same ign
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    Hm.. well there goes the idea of reserving names. =_=
    Lemme see if I got that issue...

EDIT: I do! Well, guess we can't reserve names anymore for characters.

(calling 5 hr unscheduled maintenance.
    Also IN.B4 is censored. Ok)
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Typical thing on Korean games.. which maplestory is slowly becoming a game for the korean market not a global one.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited November 2017
    Sherri wrote: »

Actually wasnt something like this mentioned in a KMS update?
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited November 2017
    AznboiE wrote: »

Aha, here it is: https://orangemushroom.net/2017/07/05/kms-ver-1-2-279-maplestory-nova-cadena-the-chain-of-liberation/#more-29306

"When you change a character’s name or delete a character, the time before the name is reusable has been changed.

Characters deleted before July 6 which were in the dormant state or Pink Bean character names will be available for reuse at a random time after the patch.
    Changed/deleted characters’ names will now become available for reuse at a random time after 24 hours have passed."

It's intended. Time to set your alarms to notify you at the exact time that you released a name.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2017

Aha, here it is: https://orangemushroom.net/2017/07/05/kms-ver-1-2-279-maplestory-nova-cadena-the-chain-of-liberation/#more-29306

"When you change a character’s name or delete a character, the time before the name is reusable has been changed.

Characters deleted before July 6 which were in the dormant state or Pink Bean character names will be available for reuse at a random time after the patch.
    Changed/deleted characters’ names will now become available for reuse at a random time after 24 hours have passed."

It's intended. Time to set your alarms to notify you at the exact time that you released a name.

Ugh. I am getting saltier by the minute.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited November 2017
    Just dont tell anyone that name
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Just dont tell anyone that name

I think you miss the point..
    Sherribootlicker
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    I don't watch enough Rick and Morty sooo I have no idea how to fully comprehend this except that they messed with the ability for us to save names.

I was gonna comment on how salty I am after this but my cat jumped into my lap and I feel better.
    Now for some namestorming..
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited November 2017
    I don't watch enough Rick and Morty sooo I have no idea how to fully comprehend this except that they messed with the ability for us to save names.

I was gonna comment on how salty I am after this but my cat jumped into my lap and I feel better.
    Now for some namestorming..

I have the perfect name...but it will be locked for at least 24 hours?! I'm stuck on campus and getting so mad right now.
  • MessengesMessenges
    edited November 2017
    so now i have to wait 24 hours to re make my char
  • SlyElementSlyElement
    Reactions: 970
    edited November 2017
    I thought I was the only one. I'm missing out on the event because of this. It is so unfair. They do weird things like thing and then wonder why this game is dying... This is another turn off for me. I cannot even control what my ign is anymore.
  • SlyElementSlyElement
    Reactions: 970
    edited November 2017
    I just realized if you have a character over level 30 and want to reuse the name you now have to wait 48 hours.
    Sherri
  • EXdestEXdest
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited November 2017
    Typical thing on Korean games.. which maplestory is slowly becoming a game for the korean market not a global one.

Well despite the stupidity that korean devs had shown, KMS is still filled with lots of players unlike GMS or any other regions. I don't even get what is all about global market. You mean having weird **** samurai contents? or adopting many other cultural regions? I always thought these are quite bullshit, never ever seen anyone fooling around on these things. I play GMS solely because KMS requires Korean mobile number and SSN which obviously I don't have. I am not saying all non-KMS contents are bad but I can say yes to most of them.
  • AyoitsianAyoitsian
    Reactions: 1,170
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Lmao I set the alarm for the exact time and it's now 10 minutes later. Still can't use it. I also just realised that it's a RANDOM TIME after 24 hours so idk even when I can do it ;-;
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited November 2017
    This...needs...to...be...fixed...
  • BlissfulBlissful
    Reactions: 875
    edited November 2017
    Ayoitsian wrote: »
    Lmao I set the alarm for the exact time and it's now 10 minutes later. Still can't use it. I also just realised that it's a RANDOM TIME after 24 hours so idk even when I can do it ;-;

Unfortunately, it is ridiculously vague when the IGN will be released. I just hope this is all resolved while the Breakthrough event is still active.
  • AyoitsianAyoitsian
    Reactions: 1,170
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    I may just resort to making a random Cadena and then using the name change coupon from the Nova coin shop. More convenient.
  • BlissfulBlissful
    Reactions: 875
    edited November 2017
    Ayoitsian wrote: »
    I may just resort to making a random Cadena and then using the name change coupon from the Nova coin shop. More convenient.

Us users shouldn't have to resort to such problems. It is rather unfortunate. The event is only available until the 13th of December. If it releases after the event, you might have to pay 15k NX. It is not guaranteed your IGN will be released then.
    SherriAyoitsian