[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Character Accessibility Bug/Inaccessible Character

ZeroMortal2ZeroMortal2
Reactions: 600
edited November 2017 in Bug Reporting
So, I've had this problem for several months, namely since March of this year, and I still have no idea what the issue is.

It would seem that every time I try to access a specific character on Demethos, my game crashes. Sometimes I can't even gain access to other characters on the same page as my bugged character on account of the game just flat out crashing.

I'll link a video of the problem that I'm having, so you get a better understanding of it.

Beginning the video, I access Khaini and have no characters on it, just to show I can access other worlds just fine. After that, there's a popup recommending that I try accessing Renegades, of which I leave open to show another issue.

The popup has moved to the character selection screen and is unable to be removed. I'm not sure if this is a part of the issue I'm having but it's definitely a problem that needs fixing.

Scrolling down on my character list, I'd like to bring your attention to my Shadower, this is the character that appears to be bugged. Whenever this character is on a character page, that page is no longer accessible unless I move the character to a different page, and in doing so, that new page will become inaccessible. I show that I've moved my Shadower to the last page of the selection screen, just to show that the page I'm currently on is alright.

I then log onto one of my characters to see that the popup at the world selection screen that has made its way onto the character selection screen, has now *made its way into the game*. Regardless of how much I click, it won't go away. I change maps and nothing different happens.

I then log off that character, only to be met with a black screen, which prompts me to restart my client.

I would show you what happens when I try to access the page of which my Shadower is currently on, but each time I do, as previously mentioned, the game crashes.

Sometimes instead of crashing, the game does manage to get onto the same screen as the Shadower, however the slot for the Shadower is empty, and is replaced by a strange pair of eyes and a purple mask (my Shadower was wearing one when this happened back in March). Quite literally just eyes floating on some random part of the screen.

I can try and access the Shadower in this case, but this only occurs once in a blue moon, and each time I try, the game, once again, immediately crashes.

So, that's my dilemma. I've sent in SEVERAL tickets regarding this issue, only to be met with robotic answers and "we'll get back to you" answers. You can definitely imagine how frustrating this must be when all of your items are on one character. Did I forget to mention that? Most of my items that allow me to play well on my main are on this character. I've requested that an employee try to access this bugged character and remove everything that's tradeable and put it in storage, however I feel like asking for such a thing is beyond the realm of possibility at this point.

I'm pretty much desperate at this point, I should have started with a forum post to begin with. I'm just hoping it's not a technical issue on their end. I want to come out of this feeling like an idiot for not fixing an issue that was being caused by my computer :P

Either way, I'm open to ALL suggestions, please. Though I've tried using the C++ redistributable package for my computer, to no avail.

Help Q_Q

Comments

• ColorcipherColorcipher
    Reactions: 1,235
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Have you tried moving the character to the first character slot whilst on that page?

I'm no expert but, here's some things I think you can try.

If it has any link skills attached, unlink them from another character.
    If you don't have all your character slots, try maximizing them.
    Make sure the Shadower is the next in line to appear on the previous page and delete another character.
    Have you tried to create another character while the Shadower was at the bottom of the list? (You can probably make one and then move it to be next to the Shadower so that when you delete it, it may show your Shadower. That way you don't have to wait 24 hours.)
  • ZeroMortal2ZeroMortal2
    Reactions: 600
    edited December 2017
    Have you tried moving the character to the first character slot whilst on that page?

I'm no expert but, here's some things I think you can try.

If it has any link skills attached, unlink them from another character.
    If you don't have all your character slots, try maximizing them.
    Make sure the Shadower is the next in line to appear on the previous page and delete another character.
    Have you tried to create another character while the Shadower was at the bottom of the list? (You can probably make one and then move it to be next to the Shadower so that when you delete it, it may show your Shadower. That way you don't have to wait 24 hours.)

I appreciate the insight, but the problem isn't getting to SEE my Shadower, the problem is that I can't ACCESS my Shadower, like at all. Even if I do somehow manage to get onto the same page as the Shadower, I can hover over the character and it'll show all of its stats, but the moment I enter my pin and log onto the Shadower, the game crashes. As for link skills, I've tried removing all of them and moving them all to a different character, to no avail.