[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Cadena or Illium for unfunded?

KapnFalconKapnFalcon
Reactions: 500
edited November 2017 in General Chat
Who should I pick to play? I really want to play Cadena but due to my lack of funds is it still possible to achieve decent range on her? Or should I just pick Illium?

Comments

• BifflinBifflin
    Reactions: 600
    edited November 2017
    You can play both, but keep in mind Illium doesn't release until the second wave of the path on December 20th.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    I would say cadena for unfunded, she has alot of passives that increase her damage and combined with weapon variety she shreds monsters apart.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    I'd just play both and see who you like. Also there will be a Burning Project on Dec 14th(?) so you can use that to your advantage. Frozen gear is amazing.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited November 2017
    they might restrict the 2 new classes from being burned though, they did that with blaster
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    they might restrict the 2 new classes from being burned though, they did that with blaster

That is so ret--..dumb and stupid.
    edited November 2017
    Sherri wrote: »

more about fair play
  • KapnFalconKapnFalcon
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2017

more about fair play

I agree it is more about fair play, but it is a shame that we might not be able to burn them yet. Nevertheless, thank you for responding and I think I will play Cadena first after all.
    edited November 2017
    KapnFalcon wrote: »

more about fair play

I agree it is more about fair play, but it is a shame that we might not be able to burn them yet. Nevertheless, thank you for responding and I think I will play Cadena first after all.

ilium i would say needs to be funded to do a lot of damage. cadena is stronger inherently. but i would speculate with the same funds, ilium would then outclass cadena.
  • LadysioLadysio
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited December 2017
    Truth be told illium comes out a sliver ahead of cadena for the unfunded,he has very high %dmg skills,a literal kill bot, and legion board literally favors mages over thief type classes with how many int increase classes you can have on it at one time also he can float/fly and thats just better than that gimmicky hook chain thats ping dependent.
  • PigabaPigaba
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited December 2017
    Actually, Illium has been proven to be VERY high-fund required character in the KMS. Just raise' em both since they both will be fun to play, even unfunded.
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited December 2017
    Ladysio wrote: »
    Truth be told illium comes out a sliver ahead of cadena for the unfunded,he has very high %dmg skills,a literal kill bot, and legion board literally favors mages over thief type classes with how many int increase classes you can have on it at one time also he can float/fly and thats just better than that gimmicky hook chain thats ping dependent.

Literally going to make ilium for the link skill for my BaM thats about all they good for cause BaM master race >_> but on a serious not that passive seems like it was crafted "JUST" for BaM cause i mean that class is the definition of telecast class!