[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Attack Speed

xXx_xxHunteRxx_xXXxXx_xxHunteRxx_xXX
Reactions: 100
edited December 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Gameplay
Brief bug summary: Attack Speed can be increased over the set cap.

More details:
Attack Speed can be bypassed from stage 2 with other means except for Rune of Swiftness.
The method used to bypass the stage 2 Attack Speed is usage of Monster Park Extreme Green Potion.
This bug gives an unfair advantage for classes that use skills that repeatedly cast/attack over key-holding skills (such as Song of Heaven, Hurricane, Beam Dance etc).
This run also makes Rune of Swiftness not as valuable.

Steps to reproduce:
- Obtain stage 2 Attack Speed with weapon, booster, Attack Speed +1 inner ability etc.
- Cast Decent Speed Infusion, see your Attack Speed not being affected. Abort the buff.
- Apply Extreme Green Potion, see your Attack Speed going above the cap, to stage 1.
- Cast Decent Speed Infusion, see your Attack Speed maxing out as if you used Rune of Swiftness.

Comments

• TimeIordTimeIord
    Reactions: 1,005
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    I had to sign in just to tell you you're completely horribly wrong about your assumption on how keydown skills like hurricane are affected by attack speed (they're not)
    The only benefit would be the startup and ending delays being shorter which is indeed a really big deal
    DarkPassenger
  • xXx_xxHunteRxx_xXXxXx_xxHunteRxx_xXX
    edited December 2017
    TimeIord wrote: »
    I had to sign in just to tell you you're completely horribly wrong about your assumption on how keydown skills like hurricane are affected by attack speed (they're not)
    The only benefit would be the startup and ending delays being shorter which is indeed a really big deal

I said "over key-holding skills"
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited December 2017
    Si first drop rate, now meso nerf and now u **** want to remove the ability to go pass soft cap speed?
    Whats the **** problem with u?

Moderator Note: Please don't curse or use vulgar language language when you post.
    edited December 2017
    darik wrote: »
    Si first drop rate, now meso nerf and now u fking want to remove the ability to go pass soft cap speed?
    Whats the fking problem with u?
    Keep calm.
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Considering we won't get flames and reboot players don't have any means to get nebulites on characters post 200, do you really want to remove the only other thing that allows players to be able to keep competitive with other versions of ms?

There are already plenty of true bugs out there right now that came along with v190. Focus on those first over nerfing the players yet again please.
    darikImaBlast
    edited December 2017
    L4d2jpn wrote: »
    Considering we won't get flames and reboot players don't have any means to get nebulites on characters post 200, do you really want to remove the only other thing that allows players to be able to keep competitive with other versions of ms?

There are already plenty of true bugs out there right now that came along with v190. Focus on those first over nerfing the players yet again please.

We have nebulites. They're so easy to obtain too, compared to flames.
    My Reboot character is level 231 with 4% All Stat nebulites on most of my equipment.
    My weapon and secondary both use 21% IED nebulites.
  • lodwyvernlodwyvern
    Reactions: 1,960
    edited December 2017
    So you’re either trolling with this whole post or you’re the top luckerdog in reboot. Nebulites and easy do not belong in the same sentence
    ImaBlast
    edited December 2017
    lodwyvern wrote: »
    So you’re either trolling with this whole post or you’re the top luckerdog in reboot. Nebulites and easy do not belong in the same sentence

I'm not.
  • sensoryactionsensoryaction
    Reactions: 320
    edited December 2017

I'm not.

You are. The only conceivable legitimate way of gathering that is from being incredibly lucky with Maplehood Watch (an event that happens once a year). The only other source of significant neb boxes was mesofarming in non-kms maps which was just nerfed and is now gone. The third option which doesn't exist viably anymore since the droprate changes was farming the nlc drill boss or farming alien pq.

So the only "easy" way of getting nebs now is from being lucky in an event that happens once a year. Please elaborate on about how easy this is.
    darikImaBlast
  • SlatymateSlatymate
    Reactions: 2,150
    edited December 2017
    Si first drop rate, now meso nerf and now u fking want to remove the ability to go pass soft cap speed?

Be respectful. I knew someone would came one day with this topic. I personality think having a soft speed cap of 2 would restrict many classes that provide attack speed buffs to party members and I would like to see any hurricane move to be affected by attack speed instead of raising up the attack speed cap to 2.

Now, would this be considered a bug or something Nexon decided to leave in GMS? It's sure the potion doesn't work like the other regions, but it doesn't mean it wasn't intended. I can bring up this topic, but I know the community sentiment toward this topic would be to leave as it's or to buff hurricane classes to be affected by attack speed.
    Its2Sharp4Udarik
    edited December 2017
    Slatymate wrote: »

Be respectful. I knew someone would came one day with this topic. I personality think having a soft speed cap of 2 would restrict many classes that provide attack speed buffs to party members and I would like to see any hurricane move to be affected by attack speed instead of raising up the speed cap.

Now, would this be considered a bug or something Nexon decided to leave in GMS? It's sure the potion doesn't work like other region, but it doesn't mean it wasn't intended. I can bring up this topic, but I know the community sentiment toward this topic would be to leave as it's or to buff hurricane classes to be affected by attack speed.
    Could you bring up the topic as "hurricane skills should be affected by attack speed because of GMS' Green Potion mechanic" rather than "attack speed should be hard-capped to 2" then?
  • FunkyCasFunkyCas
    Reactions: 770
    edited December 2017

I'm not.

do you remind the teacher the class had homework too?
    darik
  • choowwyychoowwyy
    Reactions: 1,220
    edited December 2017
    How do we know this is a bug? Is there anything in game that explicitly states that attack speed cap should not be able to broken by monster park extreme potions?

Just because KMS doesn't have it doesn't mean GMS is not supposed to have it.
    darik
  • AiyamaAiyama
    Reactions: 500
    edited December 2017
    Nothing you described is a gameplay bug.
    Brief bug summary: Attack Speed can be increased over the set cap.
    There's a soft cap (2AS) and a hard cap (0AS) for attack speed. You say that it's capped at 2, which is the soft cap.
    You can reach the soft cap of 2AS using:
    • +1 Attack Speed Inner ability
    • Decent Speed Infusion (+1 attack speed)
    • Weapon booster skills (+2 attack speed)
    Attack Speed can be bypassed from stage 2 with other means except for Rune of Swiftness.
    The method used to bypass the stage 2 Attack Speed is usage of Monster Park Extreme Green Potion.
    Those methods are not the only way to increase your attack speed past the soft cap.
    You can further increase your attack speed to the hard cap of 0AS with:
    • Rune of Destruction (+1 attack speed)
    • Rune of Swiftness (+3 attack speed)
    • Green Monster Park Extreme Potion (+1 attack speed)
    • Crimson Queen soul's attack speed buff (+1 attack speed)
    • BaM's "Yellow Aura" (+2 attack speed)
    • Zero's "Divine Speed" (+1 attack speed)
    • Kaiser's "Kaiser's Majesty" (+1 attack speed)
    - Apply Extreme Green Potion, see your Attack Speed going above the cap, to stage 1.
    - Cast Decent Speed Infusion, see your Attack Speed maxing out as if you used Rune of Swiftness.
    Yes, you can use any methods above to bypass the soft cap, including the Extreme Green Potion and Rune of Swiftness you mention, and further increase your attack speed using Decent Speed Infusion or weapon booster skills to the hard cap.

Source
  • comeprecomepre
    Reactions: 240
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    I can't tell if you're a hater or if you're just jelly. We're here to address serious issues man
    darik
  • RennnRennn
    Reactions: 1,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017

I'm not.

You are. The only conceivable legitimate way of gathering that is from being incredibly lucky with Maplehood Watch (an event that happens once a year). The only other source of significant neb boxes was mesofarming in non-kms maps which was just nerfed and is now gone. The third option which doesn't exist viably anymore since the droprate changes was farming the nlc drill boss or farming alien pq.

So the only "easy" way of getting nebs now is from being lucky in an event that happens once a year. Please elaborate on about how easy this is.

It's easy for them because they're most likely a botter if they can get nebulites (good ones at that) so easily. Don't have to care about attack speed when they can just bypass that with their hacks amirite?
    darik
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited December 2017
    If you are removing the only way to hit hardcap attack speed, it completely kills players who are geared for it, including myself and several warriors with 1h weapon + shield. But also all classes who needs Attack Speed inner ability + dSI to hit this. If anything, ask Nexon to actually buff Hurricane-type skills attack speed. You should also check if Hurricane skill can actually be affected by att speed with Extreme Green potion with battle stat just in case there is a slight difference here.

Also you mentioned Beam Dance... it is far the best skill for bossing unless you are in Lotus, in certain occasions, Xenon main skill is mostly their Snipe as far as i know.

I am a Hero with +1 attack speed inner ability, but also has 16% crit rate and +8%dmg on monster affected by abnormal status.

The most people can clear Dojo is Floor 53. Not counting 1 Hayato who had 49.5k STR who has beat floor 54 at 14:59 once and 14:57 the next week with pumpkin buff in this halloween patch. KMS players can prob clear floor 54 easily or even 55 for certain classes.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=V6EooUKexCw&t=43s
    darik
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited December 2017
    thrakkes wrote: »
    If you are removing the only way to hit hardcap attack speed, it completely kills players who are geared for it, including myself and several warriors with 1h weapon + shield. But also all classes who needs Attack Speed inner ability + dSI to hit this. If anything, ask Nexon to actually buff Hurricane-type skills attack speed. You should also check if Hurricane skill can actually be affected by att speed with Extreme Green potion with battle stat just in case there is a slight difference here.

Also you mentioned Beam Dance... it is far the best skill for bossing unless you are in Lotus, in certain occasions, Xenon main skill is mostly their Snipe as far as i know.

I am a Hero with +1 attack speed inner ability, but also has 16% crit rate and +8%dmg on monster affected by abnormal status.

The most people can clear Dojo is Floor 53. Not counting 1 Hayato who had 49.5k STR who has beat floor 54 at 14:59 once and 14:57 the next week with pumpkin buff in this halloween patch. KMS players can prob clear floor 54 easily or even 55 for certain classes.

Theres alrdy ppl in kms that beat floor 6x
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited December 2017
    thrakkes wrote: »

Theres alrdy ppl in kms that beat floor 6x

I think you get confused with TMS, you sure they don't have familiar? Anways I wanna see a KMS Dojo video lol.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    hurricane type skills arent affected by the attack speed, as it's been said, only the start and end cast animation. except rapid fire, it has no delay on start or end