[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[SKILL ISSUE] NL Showdown - Reinforce hyper broken

F1NS1NF1NS1N
Reactions: 700
edited September 2017 in Bug Reporting
First of all, I posted about this long ago (3 years) and tried to bump the thread sometimes.
The old thread is here: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/6950/skill-issue-nl-showdown-reinforce-hyper-broken?
It was locked for no reason, since the bug still exists.

Brief bug summary:

Night Lord's Showdown - Reinforce hyper skill isn't working propely. It has absolutely no effect on skill damage.

Steps to reproduce:
I tried to reset my hyper skills few times and regardless my damage was exactly the same.
I measured this multiple times using Dojo's scarecrow dummy with Battle Statistics and also at regular mobs. The Showdown - Reinforce hyper has never effect on damage dealt.
For example for Quad Star the effect of 20% damage hyper is clearly noticeable. So as well for Showdown the damage difference should be clearly seen, but it's not.

This can be reproduced anytime anywhere. The hyper never works.

Character name: Elite
Character level: 238
Character job: Night Lord
World name: Broa (Khroa)

Please report here if you got similiar issue!
Reset your hyper skills and test your damage before and after adding the skill point to Showdown - Reinforce.
  1. Is 3 years long time or short time to wait for fix?4 votes
    1. Yes it is definitely long time to wait
       75% (3 votes)
    2. Nah, you can wait another 3 years
       25% (1 vote)

Comments

• F1NS1NF1NS1N
    edited September 2017
    Last week caught two NL's with with whom we tested damage again using battle statistics to Dojo dummy.

The hyper has no effect for either of them. Hyper points were reseted and damage was tested with and without Showdown - Reinforce hyper multiple times. There was always like 30-50 attacks each time, so effect of randomness of damage calculation can't be significant anymore.

During these years I have tested this with around 10 Night Lords, and never the hyper has any effect. Of course confirming it was harder in time before Battle Statistics, but as mentioned, for Quad Throw the effect of 20% damage hyper was seen very clearly.

Not sure if there is many people left in Khroa after World Leap, but I will try to catch more players and also make them to post results here.

It is not too odd if I seem to be only one with this problem, since none of NL's I discussed knew that the hyper is actually broken. Everyone just always assumed it works.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited September 2017
    I can confirm this is a glitch, but not for the reason you'd expect; because the skill ID enhancement attached to Showdown - Reinforce is not Showdown, but rather the old Shade Splitter. Here's proof of what I mean:

whatimean.JPG?width=710&height=484

Explanation:
    The skill ID of Showdown - Reinforce is 4120043. The psd means that it enhances the damage/stats of either another attack skill, or an overall damage boost. If it's another skill, it will have the psdSkill variable, which shows which skill is supposed to be enhanced. In this case, Showdown's skill ID is 4121017, but the skill ID shown is 4111013. Looking it up, it points to Shade Splitter, but that skill ID doesn't exist anymore, because when Nexon revamped Shade Splitter a while back, they gave it a new skill ID.

tl;dr
    Nexon needs to change the skill ID in the psdSkill variable from 4111013 to 4121017 to fix this.

in before banned for this screenshot
    PyroFreeTempo
  • F1NS1NF1NS1N
    edited September 2017
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    I can confirm this is a glitch, but not for the reason you'd expect; because the skill ID enhancement attached to Showdown - Reinforce is not Showdown, but rather the old Shade Splitter. Here's proof of what I mean:

Explanation:
    The skill ID of Showdown - Reinforce is 4120043. The psd means that it enhances the damage/stats of either another attack skill, or an overall damage boost. If it's another skill, it will have the psdSkill variable, which shows which skill is supposed to be enhanced. In this case, Showdown's skill ID is 4121017, but the skill ID shown is 4111013. Looking it up, it points to Shade Splitter, but that skill ID doesn't exist anymore, because when Nexon revamped Shade Splitter a while back, they gave it a new skill ID.

tl;dr
    Nexon needs to change the skill ID in the psdSkill variable from 4111013 to 4121017 to fix this.

That is actually pretty logical. At very beginning when Showdown was released the hypers of it has three kind of problems:

1) They had incorrect icons (Shade Splitter's) Fixed years ago
    2) Showdown - Spread has no effect of number of monster attacked Fixed years ago
    3) Showdown - Reinforce has no effect on damage Still broken

So there is ghost of Shade Splitter ruining the things. I don't want 20% damage boost on old Shade Splitter I don't even have.
    First two were fixed pretty quickly after I reported of them. I wonder why it is so difficult with the Reinforce.

Anyway I wonder how some people got it working... Most likely it is just feeling. I never met anyone for which it would have worked.

• F1NS1NF1NS1N
    edited September 2017
    F1NS1N wrote: »
    PirateIzzy wrote: »

Explanation:

tl;dr

That is actually pretty logical. At very beginning when Showdown was released the hypers of it has three kind of problems:

1) They had incorrect icons (Shade Splitter's) Fixed years ago
    2) Showdown - Spread has no effect of number of monster attacked Fixed years ago
    3) Showdown - Reinforce has no effect on damage Still broken

So there is ghost of Shade Splitter ruining the things. I don't want 20% damage boost on old Shade Splitter I don't even have.
    First two were fixed pretty quickly after I reported of them. I wonder why it is so difficult with the Reinforce.

Anyway I wonder how some people got it working... Most likely it is just feeling. I never met anyone for which it would have worked.

E: Showdown - Enhance was never broken. Probably it is because Shade Splitter never has that effect so it was harder to mess it up.
    Argh and purpose was to edit previous post, sorry.
  • F1NS1NF1NS1N
    edited September 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    Heyo,

I see the issue now - I'll forward this to be investigated.

I can't believe this. After so many years world is finally saved!
  • MynonBroaMynonBroa
    Reactions: 400
    edited September 2017
    I am on Broa my shadower is 188 MynsShadow - tested skill above did not see any change.
    Hope the above posts help clarify I know nothing of computer IT and it looks like that's the issue :) see you in game!!
  • F1NS1NF1NS1N
    edited October 2017
    Bump. Still broken.
  • SoushiSoushi
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2017
    Well i did not know that it was broken. I did the same setup; hyper on/off, used dojo test dummy and battle statistics. I can confirm that i do not see the 20% difference.

Character name: 1Yagami1
    Character level: 207
    Character job: Night Lord
    World name: Broa (Khroa)
  • F1NS1NF1NS1N
    edited November 2017
    Bump. Still broken.
  • F1NS1NF1NS1N
    edited December 2017
    Bump. Still broken.
  • F1NS1NF1NS1N
    edited March 2018
    Bump. Still broken. I know you can fix it.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    This was supposedly fixed back in January: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/27798/complete-scheduled-game-update-january-17-2018

We will check whether the fix failed or was reverted, and if so, we'll forward it again.

Please check it, yourself, as well.
  • F1NS1NF1NS1N
    edited March 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    This was supposedly fixed back in January: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/27798/complete-scheduled-game-update-january-17-2018

We will check whether the fix failed or was reverted, and if so, we'll forward it again.

I have to admit I was lazy this time. I have tested this dozens of times past these years and it never was fixed. Always reseted my hypers multiple times and tested and tested again, never there was a change. When I now, remembered this thread again after some months I just bumped this thread without actually testing since didn't have access to MS at that moment.

I can confirm it is fixed now after all these years! I can just thank everyone for achieving this awesome goal! I orginally reported about the issue in 11-05-2014, but naturally it has been broken since release of Showdown. Overall this was pretty quick process, around 4 years. No hard feelings. I can sleep peacefully again.

Thanks again for everyone for this ultimate effort. We made Night Lord great again!

Edit: And once more, I am sorry about bumping without testing. I can assure it was first time during all these years I didn't actually test it.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    F1NS1N wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »

I have to admit I was lazy this time. I have tested this dozens of times past these years and it never was fixed. Always reseted my hypers multiple times and tested and tested again, never there was a change. When I now, remembered this thread again after some months I just bumped this thread without actually testing since didn't have access to MS at that moment.

I can confirm it is fixed now after all these years! I can just thank everyone for achieving this awesome goal! I orginally reported about the issue in 11-05-2014, but naturally it has been broken since release of Showdown. Overall this was pretty quick process, around 4 years. No hard feelings. I can sleep peacefully again.

Thanks again for everyone for this ultimate effort. We made Night Lord great again!

Edit: And once more, I am sorry about bumping without testing. I can assure it was first time during all these years I didn't actually test it.

All good, glad the issue is solved for you. :)