[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

After Alt+Enter

RosyreRosyre
Reactions: 900
edited December 2017 in Bug Reporting
I've been looking all over Google to find if anyone has this problem, I've been so frustrated. I uninstalled, then installed the game again, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. It use to work like that, but I don't know understand why it's happening like this.
So, sometimes, whenever I press Alt+Enter,
It does go to either windowed mode or full screen (Depends on which I'm using) But when ever I hit those buttons,
I can't get into Maplestory anymore. I launch Maplestory, and it just tabs out. Like it won't even let me press anything to undo it.

Comments

• F1NS1NF1NS1N
    Reactions: 700
    edited December 2017
    So had it worked sometimes on both full screen and windowed mode? I think there should be something wrong with that anyway.

If you are familiar with Window's registry, you can try to edit the full screen mode to find one which works for you without entering the game.

Procedure goes as follows:
    1. Type regedit.exe to Window's search and run it as adminstrator.
    2. Hit Ctrl + F and enter soScreenMode to search box and hit enter. It should bring you the view you are in something\Wizet\MapleStory -folder.
    3. Now use right-click and select Edit and change value of the soScreenMode. I think it is usually between 0-3, I would try 3 first because it should put it as windowed mode.

Good luck with it!
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Not sure if it's the main issue, but try doing without the touch screen? I'm not sure if they changed it, but I know that my MS always got buggy if I accidentally touched my touch screen.
  • RosyreRosyre
    edited December 2017
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Not sure if it's the main issue, but try doing without the touch screen? I'm not sure if they changed it, but I know that my MS always got buggy if I accidentally touched my touch screen.

Well, I was just using my touchscreen, so people could see it better.
    There's nothing buggy <:
  • RosyreRosyre
    edited December 2017
    F1NS1N wrote: »
    So had it worked sometimes on both full screen and windowed mode? I think there should be something wrong with that anyway.

If you are familiar with Window's registry, you can try to edit the full screen mode to find one which works for you without entering the game.

Procedure goes as follows:
    1. Type regedit.exe to Window's search and run it as adminstrator.
    2. Hit Ctrl + F and enter soScreenMode to search box and hit enter. It should bring you the view you are in something\Wizet\MapleStory -folder.
    3. Now use right-click and select Edit and change value of the soScreenMode. I think it is usually between 0-3, I would try 3 first because it should put it as windowed mode.

Good luck with it!

Oh my gosh, thank you, It worked! ;v; I love you
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    maybe it's cause youre touching the screen, when I used to touch the screen on maplestory before my touch screen laptop got messed up, it would always crash. try again with clicking on it nevermind, you resolved the issue
    Lilyflower
  • RosyreRosyre
    edited December 2017
    maybe it's cause youre touching the screen, when I used to touch the screen on maplestory before my touch screen laptop got messed up, it would always crash. try again with clicking on it nevermind, you resolved the issue

No, it's not because of that, there was something going on in the folder of Maplestory
    I fixed it though <:
  • F1NS1NF1NS1N
    Reactions: 700
    edited December 2017
    No problem. I'm glad that it worked. It is pity that if wrong resolution is set it is hard to get it back since the last one selected stays on even after a crash.