[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

LF > The Player with the IGN Fatih

ImparatorImparator
Reactions: 1,140
edited December 2017 in General Chat
Hi everyone,

Please spread this to anyone you can!

I'm searching for the Player that has the character name Fatih. I was unable to find this IGN through the rankings so I thought that it was free but turned out that it was inactive, though the Player still plays in his/her account. I would like to ask him to contact me. No this is not to buy the IGN but to ask him nicely if he/she could lend it over to me.

Thank y'all!

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    How do you "lend" an IGN?
  • ImparatorImparator
    edited December 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    How do you "lend" an IGN?

I meant if he accepts to delete it and let me take it.

Also said Player is in Bellocan (or in MYBCKN) but his buddy list is full and I cannot send him a friend request. If anyone can contact him or if not spread it to everyone I would be very thankful.
  • ImparatorImparator
    edited December 2017
    If anyone is in Bellocan that could help me please add TurkBaws
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Imparator wrote: »

I meant if he accepts to delete it and let me take it.

Also said Player is in Bellocan (or in MYBCKN) but his buddy list is full and I cannot send him a friend request. If anyone can contact him or if not spread it to everyone I would be very thankful.

How is that "lending" it sounds more like "giving" ("I'm not stealing, I'm just borrowing." >.>) .
  • ImparatorImparator
    edited December 2017
    English isn't my first language and I just realized that I used the wrong word there. Also, I will take the IGN only if he accepts. Let's focus on trying to reach the Player!
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited December 2017
    I highly doubt the player is going to pay for a name change just to please some random person.
  • ImparatorImparator
    edited December 2017
    The character hasn't been played for a very long time. He/She would probably not mind it but first let's try to find that Player and ask him/her ourselves.
  • ImparatorImparator
    edited December 2017
    Anyone in MYBCKN that could help me in any way, that has spare megaphones, or spread the word, please add me TurkBaws.
  • SeleianceSeleiance
    Reactions: 930
    edited December 2017
    Argent wrote: »
    I highly doubt the player is going to pay for a name change just to please some random person.

They would have to delete the character with the name (which they may or may not be even less-likely to do depending on if they mained the character, the character's level of importance, etc). Unless I am mistaken, didn't a KMS update to name-changes make it so it now only affects the displayed name and not the actual one? (To eliminate the need for name-change maintenance.)
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    English isn't my first language and I just realized that I used the wrong word there. Also, I will take the IGN only if he accepts. Let's focus on trying to reach the Player!

I know you just said English isn't your first language, but how else / in what other situation would you "take" his IGN other than after he accepts? >.>
    What, you hack his account and force change it for him?
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited December 2017
    lmao this thread
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited December 2017
    YinYangX wrote: »

I know you just said English isn't your first language, but how else / in what other situation would you "take" his IGN other than after he accepts? >.>
    What, you hack his account and force change it for him?

That's not what (s)he said or meant. OP wants the IGN given to him if possible. There is a slim chance but I don't see the harm in asking as long as OP respects whatever reply (s)he gets.
    Imparator
  • ImparatorImparator
    edited December 2017
    Thanks Invulgo for clarifying. That is exactly what I meant.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Invulgo wrote: »

That's not what (s)he said or meant. OP wants the IGN given to him if possible. There is a slim chance but I don't see the harm in asking as long as OP respects whatever reply (s)he gets.

I know that's what the op is trying to convey, my problem was that he said
    Also, I will take the IGN only if he accepts
    as if there were "multiple" ways or some other scenario where he could take the ign without the name holder accepting/giving up the name.
    Yes, I'm being nit-picky about minor details.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    And now that got double posted. (my reply, probably lag on my end)
  • ImparatorImparator
    edited December 2017
    Let me clear this once and for all.
    If said User wants to give this IGN to me by his own free will (either name changing it or deleting it) I will accept it. BUT if he refuses I will respect his choice and walk around.
  • ImparatorImparator
    edited December 2017
    If anyone could give me a hand on this one, please.