[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Jump puzzle quests

Nocturne7SaintNocturne7Saint
Reactions: 200
edited December 2017 in General Chat
Is it really worth completing all the jump puzzle quests? what are the rewards?

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2017
    It depends specifically on which jump quest you're talking about.

Most are completely unnecessary for advancement; they're mostly there for bragging rights, and there's also an achievement associated with completing each one. Some, such as the Ninja Castle jump quest or the Tower of Oz jump quest floors, are necessary to complete a boss (for Ninja Castle, that would be False Daimyo/Emperor Toad boss) or the content (Tower of Oz). The Wonderoid event jump quest gives access to the best-in-slot android heart in the game (unless we receive the nerfed jump quest in the future, in which case the rewards are nerfed accordingly), but that event isn't active right now.
    YinYangX
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited December 2017
    I've always felt that lag and the unforgiving nature of JQ's makes them more frustrating then fun. I completed the first Shumi's coin one once, never again. That might just be me though.
    bootlicker
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Basically what Neo said.
    Iirc, all the side jump quests mainly just give you ores and such and maybe small exp the first time you do it (if it's linked with a quest).
    Only time I thinkpeople do jq's would either probably be event related or maybe one in one of the pq's (and the two mentioned above)?
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited December 2017
    One other often overlooked JQ is Crimsonwood's Valley of Heroes in Masteria.

If you are able to complete quests from both the Barricade brothers (John and Jack), you will earn ect. items letting you bypass quickly up to Crimsonwood Mountain. The area is great for farming crafting materials Fionna (from the Raven Ninjas) can combine into making some snazzy gear.

Both John and Jack's requests ask that you traverse across the JQ a couple times to complete them. Watch out for those giant spiked rolling pins...
    YinYangX
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    the original jqs had value. 12 years ago.
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited December 2017
    If you want a real rage quest do zakums jq just think of having to do that EVERY TIME you wanted to face zakum on a new character XD
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    It depends specifically on which jump quest you're talking about.

Most are completely unnecessary for advancement; they're mostly there for bragging rights, and there's also an achievement associated with completing each one. Some, such as the Ninja Castle jump quest or the Tower of Oz jump quest floors, are necessary to complete a boss (for Ninja Castle, that would be False Daimyo/Emperor Toad boss) or the content (Tower of Oz). The Wonderoid event jump quest gives access to the best-in-slot android heart in the game (unless we receive the nerfed jump quest in the future, in which case the rewards are nerfed accordingly), but that event isn't active right now.

Dear god...I hated Wonderoid...I really hope they DO nerf it.