[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

net neutrality

ShyOreoShyOreo
Reactions: 430
edited November 2017 in Off-Topic Discussion
what you guys think about this? did you guys think will affect Us?
will affect the gaming community?
will affect Maplestory?

Comments

• SpiritFoxGamingSpiritFoxGaming
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited November 2017
    MapleStory... not too sure, GMS already lags incredibly hard. So we're pretty much already living in the 90s by playing MapleStory in 2017.

I'm more interested in Nexon and the possible ban of Loot Boxes in gaming. RIP Premium Boxes (Cubes Count) > RIP Nexon Profit > RIP GMS.

It'll be interesting, to say the least, It seems like everything has been a Cluster F*** lately in Gaming and Internet.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited December 2017
    If it goes through, we likely won't be able to play anymore due to the intense lag it will cause.
  • MyuaaaaMyuaaaa
    Reactions: 300
    edited January 2018
    If net neutrality is gone then it would be really bad in my opinion. It just seems they can do whatever they want to their customers whatever that may be. They can control what and which websites they can block from you. I mean anything can happen and I'm sure no one would know what they would want to do if they did have that power to. And I mean you never know they could charge more for your service, which may affect many people who aren't able to afford much. I'm sure it could affect the gaming and Maplestory. But I'm not sure how or what they would do.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2018
    All I've noticed so far is I only (used to now since I have adblocker on this chromebook) used to get youtube ads/google ads in youtube videos.

The only way it can affect maplestory is the internet speeds providers give, if the cap bandwidth even more after this, it'll affect gameplay, but not maplestory directly.