[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Option to Do Older Theme Dungeons

SherriSherri
Reactions: 3,375
edited December 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hey everyone and thanks for reading!
I was recently doing the level 160 Nova Breakthrough event on my Cadena. When I started Ruined City, I heard the music and all the familiar mobs and I got really nostalgic. Then I had an interesting idea so I finished up my Monster Park run and decided to make a thread.

I thought it would be nice to add an option to run the older theme dungeons for well,.. nostalgia reasons.. and because it would be pretty fun. Mushroom Kingdom (Pepe VS Mushrooms), Chryse, Neo City,.. I'm sure I am missing some more too.
There could be a certain area that can transport you to do the older theme dungeons maybe?

I hope this can be achieved one day, it would be fun to run these with my friends! :)

Comments

• WyldeRyderWyldeRyder
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited December 2017
    I KNOW right? I was wondering why I saw someone a few months ago sporting a Mushroom Kingdom Guardian title. I could see that the quest line is still there. When I played it later on with a new character, I realized that they had completely revamped it and changed the story line. Also added some viking area. I cried a little.
    So the old title is now OG status. You can't get it anymore...
    Sherri
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited December 2017
    I'm not entirely sure that content is there anymore (whether it's been revamped or in the process of being revamped indefinitely). Even if it was, they have a hard enough time getting people to play content that's out right now that even less people would play old (by comparison) content. Especially for little-to-no reward other than nostalgia.

As nice as it sounds, this seems like a minority opinion.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited December 2017
    I kinda miss the old mushroom castle. :(
  • WyldeRyderWyldeRyder
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited December 2017
    And it's so weird how they changed it. I loved fighting the Mush Minister back then. Now you have to rescue him and it turns out that he was good all along WHAAAA~
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited December 2017
    WyldeRyder wrote: »
    And it's so weird how they changed it. I loved fighting the Mush Minister back then. Now you have to rescue him and it turns out that he was good all along WHAAAA~

I remember partying up with randoms and spamming Yeti boss :')
    I fell off that one tower before bosses so many times..