[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

KMS is making changes that harm GMS/Nexon why?

TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
Reactions: 2,320
edited December 2017 in General Chat
Anyone else feel that KMS is intentionally making changes to harm GMS and Nexon's bottom line?

There is an upcoming kms patch that is removing the FM and with it another source of revenue removed from Nexon.

I have noticed Nexon firing back with improvements to their games advertising, hoping to keep customers at least playing their own brand of games.

Maplestory is unique in that it brings back nostalgia from the 2D 16 bit gaming era, plus allows socializing with other players. The same reasoning why android games are soo successful nostalgia+socializing with others.

Maplestory 2 let's face it, is no replacement for the original. It completely flopped in korea and the results here in North America will be far worse. So that is not any saving grace to the legend maplestory in general is.

Maplers play maplestory mostly for the nostalgia of the 2d 16 bit gaming experience/mixed with the socialness of it. I myself am not the biggest fan of 3d gaming graphics outside of high end mainstream FPS.

If maplestory were ever to die, I would prolly go back to my old snes emulators playing the classics. Chrono trigger/breath of fire/secrets of mana/FFVI/Lufia

what's your opinions?
Please leave a piece of your mind here.

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited December 2017
    I feel as if you just made this thread to hate on MS2. -_-
    LilyflowerCatooolooo
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited December 2017
    The removal of FM isn't a bad change honestly. Consolidating the market into an easy to manage, free shop I might add, is a good move on Nexon's part. With improvements further to come for AH, I'm okay with the changes.

And it's not so much that KMS is making changes to hurt GMS, it's that GMS isn't customizing these patches to account for the differences between GMS and KMS.
    SunsetChaosSlicedTimeCatoooloooSherriBooberpuppyShadEightPirateIzzyIvangold
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited December 2017
    Removing free market is a good change at least the only one that's good in the patch nexon korea also will make improvements for the auction house I know others will find it hard to use auction house.
    CatoooloooSherri
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2017
    Honestly, I have some hopes for Maplestory 2 if we ever get it...but that is doubtful right now.
    Sherri
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited December 2017
    The removal of FM isn't a bad change honestly. Consolidating the market into an easy to manage, free shop I might add, is a good move on Nexon's part. With improvements further to come for AH, I'm okay with the changes.

And it's not so much that KMS is making changes to hurt GMS, it's that GMS isn't customizing these patches to account for the differences between GMS and KMS.

this change will make hackers websites so happy.. even if mesos cap go up to 30bil like in KMS, ppl still won't put their 100b+ items in-game.. cus they can't.. so where will they go? thats right.

not everything that good for KMS good for GMS, removing FM will kill the game.
  • LadysioLadysio
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited December 2017
    The FM being removed is actually a very good thing in that now I can place things on sale and not have to spend real cash to do so, also botters are going to bot period unless they change how you make a account and log into the game to use something on the level of ssn or phonenumber that has a system that calls/text said number with a code to log in, point being make it so obnoxious to do that people dont want to go through that much time just to get banned.

But then again as of now people can sneeze and get banned...
  • PigabaPigaba
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited December 2017
    You guys are not seeing the bigger picture conspired by Nexon.
    First, patch bosses so that they drop "intense power crystals"
    Second, put "collector" NPC, who is the ONLY one whom you can sell those crystals to, in FM
    Lastly, get rid of FM entirely.
    No more mesos earned from bossing and player base screwed all the way to nutsack
    NX employees: Mission Accomplished
    XD
  • WetAndColdWetAndCold
    Reactions: 865
    edited December 2017
    Pigaba wrote: »
    Second, put "collector" NPC, who is the ONLY one whom you can sell those crystals to, in FM
    No more mesos earned from bossing and player base screwed all the way to nutsack
    XD

Bosses never dropped good money to begin with so I don't see a problem with that unless we're talking about reboot server. Secondly FM is obsolete now due to the implementation of Auction house. While one can argue auction sucks because you only get 10 slot unless u spent cash to get silver/gold mvp for the additions slots. I however like auction house because it's simple for the seller and buyer as all the item appear all at once in one place without an owl and teleporting.
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited February 2020
    @OP

I see that people have pointed this out already, but KMS changes have nothing to do with any other version of MS. KMS produces the bulk of Maplestory's content because it's a Korean MMO. That being said, we have seen all too often what copy+pasted content has done to this game; constantly breaking features that worked just fine in KMS, breaking pre-existing content, and removing content from GMS altogether.

As a result, we have a bloated game with a ridiculous amount of useless code that serves no other purpose than to bloat our client files and increase the chances of the game breaking.

That being said, I don't necessarily think removing the FM is a bad idea. With the addition of the auction house, we now have a way to search, buy, sell, and auction our items without needing to purchase a permit from the CS. You say that Nexon is removing a source of revenue, and I guess that's true in a sense, but I guarantee that if this move would really hurt Nexon's bottom line they'd either add some way to profit from it or not add it altogether (this is a business after all).

On top of that, the market has become more competitive with the flood of items available without having to constantly buy owls, hop channels, or "leave offers." Great for newer players looking for items.

Don't really know where MS2 fits into this thread but I'll just put out there that it's fun to play. . . just not all that fun for me and riddled with issues during battle (mostly due to its 3D nature and AI behavior, but I digress).

Boss changes: I don't make all that money from bossing, but that comes with having higher level characters I guess, I really don't know where they're going to take this one.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited December 2017
    XD

You'll still be able to enter the fm, the rooms will just be gone. So uh, yeah, no conspiracy here.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    XD

Getting rid of the free market is one step closer to "saving" saving the economy. It means botters can no longer dominate and manopolize the items and pricing. It wont suddenly solve the depression, inflated state of the economy but it takes out a big variable. It shouldve been done even before now, during the peak of "fm guilds" about 2-3 years ago.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    They made Auction House improvements after removing FM, which includes:
    - A Market Price feature will be added that allows you to search for recently completed trades in the Auction. house to see item details and prices.
    - A cart feature will be added that allows you to save desired items from items on sale and items in a Market Price list.
    - The convenience of searching, selling, and buying items in the Auction House will be improved.
    - To support high value item trading, the maximum amount of mesos you can hold will be expanded to 30 bil.

They aren't deliberately trying to hurt their bottom line, and this will not kill the game. I am looking forward to these new changes. People won't be taken advantage of with the market value feature.
  • LadysioLadysio
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited December 2017
    What people dont understand is they will actually make more money this way cause now everyone can sell things to other players and with that more people will PsoK,SoK items to sell for mesos also all those scrolls beautiful scrolls!!!!
  • MorbeelzemMorbeelzem
    Reactions: 750
    edited December 2017
    listen to me kid, you dont blame KMS ever for everything that GMS has fucked up
    whatever stupid conspiracy you had in your mind right now, it aint true