[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Is the new pirate 5th good or bad?

TheHoATheHoA
Reactions: 2,210
edited December 2017 in General Chat
I've been debating this since June and in my opinion, it's bad for stationary bosses, but excellent for the more annoying moving/teleporting/etc. ones - 30 seconds for you to focus nuking the annoying boss, then 30 seconds to focus more on dodging/not dying. It's a good balance I think.

Comments

• YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited December 2017
    Please be more specific which branch of the pirate class are you talking about...
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Yakudle wrote: »
    Please be more specific which branch of the pirate class are you talking about...

The new 5th job common, I believe.
    Overdrive:
    Puts your weapon into overdrive to unleash more attack power. Afterwards, your weapon will be less effective for a short while and cannot be unequipped until it's back to normal.

Level 1: HP Cost: 1990, Duration: 30 sec, Attack Power: +26% of base weapon attack power, Attack Power during cooldown: -15% of base weapon attack power
    Cooldown: 70 sec

Level 25: HP Cost: 1750, Duration: 30 sec, Attack Power: +50% of base weapon attack power, Attack Power during cooldown: -15% of base weapon attack power
    Cooldown: 65 sec
    YinYangX
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Semi-off topic, but I find the new Thief (common) skill kind of funny. Basically +damage, -evasion......but most boss do %hp damage with 100% hit (I believe?) if you don't dodge it. So basically, it's +damage with no "real" drawback. xd
    (Saying this cause I don't think I/most Thieves would be using it for normal grinding minus like elites or something.)
  • CeominCeomin
    Reactions: 735
    edited December 2017
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Semi-off topic, but I find the new Thief (common) skill kind of funny. Basically +damage, -evasion......but most boss do %hp damage with 100% hit (I believe?) if you don't dodge it. So basically, it's +damage with no "real" drawback. xd
    (Saying this cause I don't think I/most Thieves would be using it for normal grinding minus like elites or something.)

Except the damage taken also effects %hp attacks, pretty sure it states it in the tooltip.
  • YakudleYakudle
    edited December 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    The new 5th job common, I believe.
    Overdrive:

oh that skill well it could be worse i dont have it yet and even if i get it i wont use it ever lol
    anyways most of the new hyper skills people often mistake as 5th job are nothing special really
    for example meltdown doesnt have the original transformation animations and skills only a ball of energy
    overdrive its a poorly developed skill that only lasts for 30 seconds but also punishes the user for a minute and a few seconds
    if anyone needs that extra power theres a lot potions in game that surpass that skill and last way longer also no side effects
    the only thing useful i found about this "5thjob" its that now not only phantom can use other class buffs you can use holy symbol for example
    i miss the real job advancement getting a lot of new skills to level up your character stats being upgraded feeling really stronger than before doing it
    well i dunno about the other classes but am disapointed in the entire hyper skill system that they claim to be 5th job
    i mean what actually makes people stronger are the arcane symbols not the 5thjob
    yea everyone its just 4th job trying to mix a bunch of stones to get stronger lol

but oh well if that makes the comunity happy oh well ...
    by the way thanks nexon for the maplepoints~
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    If you gain 50% of your weapon's base att for 30 seconds and lose 15% for the following 30 seconds the outcome is still +35%.
  • YakudleYakudle
    edited December 2017
    you lose during cooldown: -15% so 65 seconds not 30 still not a good thing
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    It's definitely worth using if you have an Arcane weapon.

Example: Arcane Umbra Knuckle gives +221 ATT. The skill goes on cooldown immediately after you use Overdrive. Meaning, you gain 50% of your weapon's base attack (+110.5 ATT) for 30 seconds, and you lose 15% of your weapon's base attack (-33.15 ATT) for 35 seconds.

The overall outcome is 72.6 attack more for 65 seconds.
    DarkPassenger
  • LadysioLadysio
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited December 2017
    Sorrow wrote: »
    It's definitely worth using if you have an Arcane weapon.

Example: Arcane Umbra Knuckle gives +221 ATT. The skill goes on cooldown immediately after you use Overdrive. Meaning, you gain 50% of your weapon's base attack (+110.5 ATT) for 30 seconds, and you lose 15% of your weapon's base attack (-33.15 ATT) for 35 seconds.

The overall outcome is 72.6 attack more for 65 seconds.

Must resit making pirate...