[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Seems the censor (chat filter) is entirely gone

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2016 in General Chat
and all the three-year-olds in the game are smega'ing every bad word they know...
emperor52

Comments

• KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited October 2016
    YES IT'S GONE FINALLY.

it's not that bad sir, really it's not.
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited October 2016
    Don't worry, once the try hard edgy tweens realize nobody gives a flying pickle if they swear they'll stop. Or they'll just keep giving money to nexon. Hey, it helps keep the game running, go for it. JUST DO IT. DON'T LET YOUR SMEGAS BE DREAMS
    fightmerl
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    Honestly, and I can't believe I'm saying this, Arlong is right. Give it a week, max, and they'll get it all out of their systems. Then it'll just simmer down to casual conversational stuff.
    fightmerl
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Honestly, I think the swear filter did more harm than good. People were misspelling swear words just to bypass the filter anyways.

And when people were having normal conversations, parts of words were censored because they contained a cuss even though it was unintentional. At least now people don't have to repeat themselves or rearrange their sentences anymore. Sometimes we even learned new swear words from parts of innocent words being censored.

Right now, people are swearing left and right because we suddenly got the filter removed. After a few days, things should calm down again.
  • NiightseekerNiightseeker
    Reactions: 2,040
    edited October 2016
    Holy hell, does this mean I can finally talk to people without big chunks getting censored for having swears as parts of their words? Hallelujah!
  • AsylumAsylum
    Reactions: 880
    edited October 2016
    Racial slurs also got uncensored, same with hacking websites. I'm interested in how this will turn out.
  • The Blue CorsairThe Blue Corsair
    Reactions: 1,915
    edited October 2016
    The removal of the censor makes me incredibly happy. I don't mind the occasional f- and such, but racial slurs are a bit much. All for there being an on and off toggle.
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited October 2016
    Can't believe you agree with me? Have I become a pariah on the forum? Good. I've been trying to be as edgy as possible. Lord kek demands it. And I personally used shiatsu
  • BigDaddyDavidBigDaddyDavid
    Reactions: 715
    edited October 2016
    It's much better with the filter off regardless of edgy kids trying to get attention
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited October 2016
    And now they're bringing it back.
    Gosh darnit.
    fightmerl
  • fightmerlfightmerl
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2016
    They brought it back with the maintenance, I don't even know what to say I'm so annoyed/disappointed that chat will be horrible ******** again.
  • DiannikaDiannika
    Reactions: 995
    edited October 2016
    considering the controversey, im half expecting to come back tomorrow and see all the anti-filter people posting as if the censor was in place here, with *** in strange places in their sentences as a protest. (note: i fall firmly in the toggle camp, which is mostly anti-filter i believe)
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    filter is back!