[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Link Skills!

AlmaElvenAlmaElven
Reactions: 610
edited December 2017 in General Chat
Can I use Kanna's Skill build and Demon Avenger's Skill build at the same time in the same character? it will be at level 2 30% damage?
Also Zero and luminous? and Xenon and Cannoneer? all this skill link can be used at the same time in the same character? thanks for who answer :)

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Can I use Kanna's Skill build and Demon Avenger's Skill build at the same time in the same character? it will be at level 2 30% damage?
    Also Zero and luminous? and Xenon and Cannoneer? all this skill link can be used at the same time in the same character? thanks for who answer :)

As long as the class is not the same, you can have any link skills from any character you want all on one character (so, yes, lvl2 Demon Avenger link + lvl2 Kanna link will be + 20% [think they're both 10% at lvl2, DA has +15% at lvvl 3]).
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    YinYangX wrote: »

As long as the class is not the same, you can have any link skills from any character you want all on one character (so, yes, lvl2 Demon Avenger link + lvl2 Kanna link will be + 20% [think they're both 10% at lvl2, DA has +15% at lvvl 3]).

However, you are limited to a total of 12 link skills used by one character at once.
  • AlmaElvenAlmaElven
    edited December 2017
    thank you guys thats a really good news! :) XD
  • tnyzngtnyzng
    Reactions: 800
    edited December 2017
    don't go thinking this is overpowered in anyway though
    bootlicker
  • AlmaElvenAlmaElven
    edited December 2017
    It is I have for now 600k damage so with that skills it will be really good!
    whats better link skill Mercedes or Aran for EXP?
  • tnyzngtnyzng
    edited December 2017
    mercedes helps your bossing exp

combo orbs are really op though

tbh evan is better than both of those, unless you have that already
  • AlmaElvenAlmaElven
    edited December 2017
    I dont. But Evan dont give EXP its only for the Ruins no?
  • tnyzngtnyzng
    edited December 2017
    increased uptime on ruins is very good
  • AlmaElvenAlmaElven
    edited December 2017
    sounds like that, do you have any link skills? if you do how many and if you can tell what's your favorite?
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    tnyzng wrote: »
    mercedes helps your bossing exp

Wait, what? Since when has Mercede Link been for bossing only? It works for general grinding also. Mercedes link > Aran's or Evan's since it's applicable for all mobs you kill, Evan's is only when you have rune buff and that's with 15min cd. >.>
    bootlickerAlmaElven
  • AlmaElvenAlmaElven
    edited December 2017
    I think Mercede is better then both of theme for my opinion.
  • tnyzngtnyzng
    edited December 2017
    if your exp is mainly from grinding, merc is less effective then both of the others, though i think grinding for a rune buff and then rushing bosses is still the best way to go about getting exp efficiently until arcana
  • BlargleDergBlargleDerg
    Reactions: 730
    edited December 2017
    just get all 3. If nothing else just get the first level on each. level 60 is pretty fast now.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    tnyzng wrote: »
    if your exp is mainly from grinding, merc is less effective then both of the others, though i think grinding for a rune buff and then rushing bosses is still the best way to go about getting exp efficiently until arcana

Okay, ya. I did the math and realized my mistake. Apologizes.
    For reference to the other ppl reading this thread:
    Let's say you kill 1k mobs in 10 mins (yes, circumstantial and etc etc). Each mob = 1k exp
    With lvl 1 Merc, you'd get 100,000 more exp. ( 10% * 1k exp = 100 exp; 100 *1k = 100k)
    With lvl 1 Aran, you'd get 280,000 more exp. (6 blue, 8 purple, and 6 red orbs, which = 6(2k) + 8(3.5k) + 6(5k) = 12k + 28k + 30k = 70k; Aran Link = 70k * 4 = 280k)
    With lvl 1 Evan, you'd get 60,000. (10min = 1k mobs, 1min = 100mobs; 2min [rune x2 duration iirc] = 200mobs; Evan link = 2.6min; 2.6min = 260mobs; 60 more mobs
    you kill with x2 = 60 * 1k = 60k)
    [To clarify, most ppl probably can kill more than 1k mobs in 10mins, just did for simple math. If you kill more mobs during the extended rune x2, then ya, Evan > Merc, though not too sure about Aran from this scenario. And also this is assuming you don't get multi kills/can keep combo counter to 1k]
    AlmaElven
  • tnyzngtnyzng
    edited December 2017
    ya don't sleep on combo orbs, aran is super good, and underrated i feel
    AlmaElven