[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unable to start the game

MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
Reactions: 4,280
edited December 2017 in Tech Support
So when I hit the play button on the Nexon launcher, nothing happens, I'll occasionally get the NGS pop up in the corner, but nothing else will happen, and the Nexon launcher button will go from, "Currently in game" to "Play". I'm not getting any error messages, I've tried reinstalling the game, repairing the installation, and I'm not sure what else to do.

I'd really appreciate help so I can go precreate my Illium, and get started on the new events. I haven't had any issues up until after the maintenance today.

Comments

• MysteryMystery
    Reactions: 1,345
    edited December 2017
    So apparently i can't start the game either. My game seems to start but when i get to channel selection it won't go past that screen and keeps asking me if i'm ready to exit. The only option left for me at that point is to exit the game. No error messages or anything, but not able to go online to play. Nothing i try seems to work, so please fix this...
  • FullCircleFullCircle
    Reactions: 960
    edited December 2017
    Same here - 'Ready to exit' message on selecting channel. does it on any server any region.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    You two are experiencing something else than OP.

@MageOfBattles try doing a full shutdown of your computer? If that doesn't work you can try checking if windows got some updates brewing, I've had that conflict with launching the game before.
  • heyhihomyraheyhihomyra
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2017
    i Have same problem, maple says, ready to exit?
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited December 2017
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    You two are experiencing something else than OP.

@MageOfBattles try doing a full shutdown of your computer? If that doesn't work you can try checking if windows got some updates brewing, I've had that conflict with launching the game before.

I had windows update during the maintenance, but I wouldn't know where to start if it's conflicting with Maple. Should I try uninstalling the window's updates and see if that changes anything?