[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Bosses ... Legits are paying for hackers ...

FlowerdewFlowerdew
Reactions: 1,190
edited December 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
... and so, the Elixir drop has become abysmal, cannot even see any power elixir dropping & only once allowed for HT and other bosses :(

In the meantime, those claimed to be targeted find always new ways to bypass the hindrances ... and the legits are paying the price again.

Thank you for bringing back the previous bossing system = good pots drop, good other type of drops, & several runs in a row, etc. The legits, in vast majority, will surely be grateful.

Btw, haven't seen that much hacking in a long time.

Some games automatically transfer the hackers to a server in the pleasant company of all other hackers: how about that?
And if someone has been mistakenly accused of hacking and transferred, as it happens regularly, he can still do the quests, etc., while he can address the error with those who can take care of it.

Thank you

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    Doesnt seem like Nexon has the resources to have a server for hackers. Besides it'd indirectly promote that theyre ok wth hackers playing the game.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited December 2017
    Doesnt seem like Nexon has the resources to have a server for hackers. Besides it'd indirectly promote that theyre ok wth hackers playing the game.

It's not that Nexon is alright with hackers in the game. It's that there's too many of them to take down. It boils down to hydra, cut one down two more appear. The market is becoming more and more dependent on hackers after changes made by Nexon Korea which have arrived to GMS.

An example is the rewards from Elite Bosses. Several changes such as the amount of Rare Reward Chests cap along with reward changes themselves the Clean Slate Market has boosted in price. Other examples include: Nodestones, Spell Traces, Arcane Droplet Stones, and Innocence Scrolls.

The only reason why the prices haven't raised any further and the quantity being higher than it should be is due to the hackers. Not saying that's it's alright to depend on cheaters, but with the current system the market will collapse in all worlds (aside from Reboot because trading is disabled).

It will most likely say this way due to the fact Nexon America simply doesn't have the amount of resources to solve the hacker situation, let alone numerous other issues in GMS. The outstanding bugs and suggestion that have been given by players have been "shoved under the rug" after months, or years of complaints proves it.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017

It's not that Nexon is alright with hackers in the game. It's that there's too many of them to take down. It boils down to hydra, cut one down two more appear. The market is becoming more and more dependent on hackers after changes made by Nexon Korea which have arrived to GMS.

An example is the rewards from Elite Bosses. Several changes such as the amount of Rare Reward Chests cap along with reward changes themselves the Clean Slate Market has boosted in price. Other examples include: Nodestones, Spell Traces, Arcane Droplet Stones, and Innocence Scrolls.

The only reason why the prices haven't raised any further and the quantity being higher than it should be is due to the hackers. Not saying that's it's alright to depend on cheaters, but with the current system the market will collapse in all worlds (aside from Reboot because trading is disabled).

It will most likely say this way due to the fact Nexon America simply doesn't have the amount of resources to solve the hacker situation, let alone numerous other issues in GMS. The outstanding bugs and suggestion that have been given by players have been "shoved under the rug" after months, or years of complaints proves it.

Im syaing that if nexon would create a server for hackers(which is what OP is saying), that when they know who the hackers are and when theyre online, and when they log in they get sent to that server just for hackers, it'd be an indirect advertisement that theyre alright with hacking.

I know no company should be alright with people exploiting their game, and Im sure Nexon doesnt or isnt alright with it.
  • FlowerdewFlowerdew
    edited December 2017

I don't think that it would be the admittance that it's OK. Other games do that, from the information I have. And surely none of them is OK with hacking, or they would not put them into a trash server. That trash server is only there for a temporary stay: until the hackers who have been double-checked and definitively recognized as such be either giving a public excuse, or something to sincerely express their regrets, or a hacker tag under their name for a time, in such a way that it doesn't make them want to ever do it again, or that they be simply permabanned.

But until double-check, it takes care temporarily and immediately of the hackers, so they don't linger on the legits' area. Allowing those who were accused by error of hacking - which happens so often! - to still continue their quests, for a few hours until their claim for legitimacy is being taken care of, instead of being blocked out of the game, and getting released back to their servers - and as for the other, genuine hackers: farewell!
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited December 2017
    Boy oh boy, do i feel happy for those tens of thousands of elixirs i've thrown away a couple weeks ago. NOICE.
  • FlowerdewFlowerdew
    edited December 2017
    Retr0_ wrote: »
    Boy oh boy, do i feel happy for those tens of thousands of elixirs i've thrown away a couple weeks ago. NOICE.

yes ... now they're worth gold :( way too much work to get them now, only to have them going down the drain on certain potguzzling areas.

Thinking of that: do the power elixirs drop at all still?
  • tnyzngtnyzng
    Reactions: 800
    edited December 2017
    i had these hoarded, we all knew this change was coming from kms sooner or later

nlc potions are still fine, krexel still drops potions at the old rate, maybe some others
  • FlowerdewFlowerdew
    edited December 2017
    tnyzng wrote: »
    i had these hoarded, we all knew this change was coming from kms sooner or later

nlc potions are still fine, krexel still drops potions at the old rate, maybe some others

Hopefully Nexon will rethink this. There is so much to do, so many events going on at the same time - too many in my opinion, that we can give each of them due care - so it's way more interesting to concentrate on the game than on the supplies for the game like pots. What I mean is: with the previous system, we could go do a few bosses, and get our pot supply for the day, or more - enough even to distribute it throughout the account to whichever other player needingt it: that's for those like me who have about one character of each job.

So now, despite doing many bosses, which takes time & pots too, by the way, there is not enough supply. Don't know for the mesos & boss runs - how less do we get? All in all, it intensely bothers me, a legit, and I am not sure at all that it bothers hackers & co. At least not proportionally to how we, the legits, are having to pay for them. Once more.

Thank you Nexon, for rethinking your hacker policy, including bossing and whatever is meant to restrict them, and find other ways than frustrating legits, who are getting more and more fed up by hackers and the policies against them, which do not seem to intimidate them in proportion to what we, the legits, have to endure.