[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Is the Big spender event rigged?

KrimlockKrimlock
Reactions: 1,840
edited December 2017 in General Chat
I mean if you are in reboot you are screwed! do to random chance, and if you are in regular server spending over 110$ for a chance at a random fafnir seems kinda poopy at the most the tyrant seems meh as well being left up to random chance. i see no incentive to spend but then again i guess a DMT will happen and people will get these without even thinking about them XD.

Comments

• SpiritFoxGamingSpiritFoxGaming
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited December 2017
    I was actually gonna bring this up in a thread I was gonna make. But since you already did the pleasure I'd like to comment my 2 cents on this issue.

Yes... this is BS. You get random picks in normal servers but you can just as easily trade them off to another char on your account. Meaning realistically speaking NO they are not RANDOM. They are only truly RANDOM in Reboot where if not picked right can fk you over hardcore. With the money we're spending they should be at the LEAST *Class Specific*. I've brought this up before with *Time Limited boxes* They shouldn't exist nor is there a reason to other than to fk over the player in the end by hoping they forget that they obtained said item.

90% of the stupid stuff Nexon does has no real reason behind it other than to screw the player < This might as well be the slogan of all future events with *Timed Boxes* that take a long time to obtain or *Random rewards* from boxes that literally cost us 100s of Dollars to buy... not only that but this *EVENT* is doing exactly what Reboot is built around NOT DOING. This event makes Reboot Pay2Win

I'll say it again nice and clear. *THIS EVENT MAKES REBOOT PAY2WIN*.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    For me, I have a strict definition of pay2win, since there is no clear end point but reaching 250, gear I can get from nx boxes or rewards (in my opinion) wouldnt be pay2win. For example, if you play a game that has an end point, final boss and you were able to purchase a legal modified/ultimate weapon etc that gains clear advantage over others, may it be the difficulty of the boss or just sheer overpowered qualities of the weapon or equips, for me thats pay2win, cause Im reaching an end point/final stage due to those weapons. But in an open ended game, no matter what you get in rewards from nx boxes, it's just a marginal increase in advantage. The only difference is how long it wouldve taken to get the items.

but to stay on topic, I do find it dumb not to be able to choose which weapon you want, I mean you did spend 100+ for the chance.