[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New class suggestion v.1

Cancer69Cancer69
Reactions: 1,000
edited December 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
This is a class suggestion I have been working on with my bro. I know that there are somethings that might need to be changed, but this is it for now. This isn't perfect ad it was just made for fun at first. Don't judge me too hard. :)

CLASS: Pale Horse
NAME: Wilder
EQUIPMENT TYPE: Male-Magician
PRIMARY WEAPON: (unique) Magic Bracelet
SECONDARY WEAPON: (unique) Claws
PRIMARY STAT: Intelligence
LINK SKILL: Pandemonium- MAG +105%/ATT -50%
MAPLE UNION EFFECT: HP+50%/DEF+20%
BEST INNER ABILITY: Cooldown-decreased by 30%
JOB: I: Wilder I - Wilder II - Wilder III - Wilder IV - Link Skills - Wilder V

Backstory: Wilder isn’t the kind of person who would fight for others if it didn’t benefit him. He could be considered a villain, but he hasn’t actually done anything but be a little power hungry.  One day he used a spell he had been working on for a while to steal away some of the Black Mage’s power. It was working until all of a sudden there was a dark smoke that appeared. The dark smoke spoke with the Black Mage’s voice. It said, “Foolish child! How dare you try and steal away something you know you can not control! For this, you shall be punished. If you want the power so much, you can have it. The cost of this power will be your life. ” After that Wilder was cursed to death within a year. Now his goal is to find someone who can take the curse away or find a way to destroy the Black Mage. Only one of those options will get the curse taken away. He agrees to work with Luminous, but he makes it clear that it doesn’t mean he’s doing this to save others. “I’m doing this for myself. Remember that “Luminous””

The power cursed inside of Wilder will constantly accumulate until his body can’t handle it anymore. When he dies, the power and darkness will be released into the ground slowly killing everything.

Pros:-Incredible magic strength
       -Best when attacking groups of enemy's
       -Auto magic regen
       -Better chance of getting rare items
       -Many buffs
Cons:-Horrible physical attack
        -Low health (HP)
        -Low health regeneration
        -Uses a lot of magic points (MP)
        -Close to none party buffs

(Picture of him)
image_by_captainzeroinfinite_db7xeyv_by_captainzeroinfinite-dbwteao.png

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2017
    :T just sounds like luminous and dark knight. and with the new Ark class...maybe you will like that. id rather see the bard class that I came up with...but eh...
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited December 2017
    How is it a con if "Wilder" has high magic attack, but low physical attack? That's how all magicians are. The link skill and legion card are completely broken as well. The focuses of your class is honestly just strange. MP regen will only be so useful, and most classes don't have hp regen, so I fail to see how that's a con. Case in point: the pro and cons don't really tell us much about the class, and half of them focus on things that classes aren't defined by. Also, with as many mobbing classes we've been getting, and have yet to get, it'd be nice to see some bossing oriented stuff. And as Petalmagic said, the corruption theme has been used a bit lately.

That said, I'd be interested to see if you fleshed the idea out a little more, especially with the skills. I'm not being critical to be mean, please don't misunderstand, I just get into class ideas if you can't tell.

Just a suggestion: I'd move away from Wilder being cursed by the black mage, and focus on what sort of mage he was before hand. There hasn't been a mage with a claw weapon, utilize that original idea and perhaps come up with some fun close combat magic. What kind of magic would he use? Elemental? Light or dark? Or something else?
    Cancer69
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    this class has the potential to be a bossing class. my only criticism is the tokyo ghoul eye. maybe something original would be better
    edited December 2017
    How is it a con if "Wilder" has high magic attack, but low physical attack? That's how all magicians are. The link skill and legion card are completely broken as well. The focuses of your class is honestly just strange. MP regen will only be so useful, and most classes don't have hp regen, so I fail to see how that's a con. Case in point: the pro and cons don't really tell us much about the class, and half of them focus on things that classes aren't defined by. Also, with as many mobbing classes we've been getting, and have yet to get, it'd be nice to see some bossing oriented stuff. And as Petalmagic said, the corruption theme has been used a bit lately.

That said, I'd be interested to see if you fleshed the idea out a little more, especially with the skills. I'm not being critical to be mean, please don't misunderstand, I just get into class ideas if you can't tell.

Just a suggestion: I'd move away from Wilder being cursed by the black mage, and focus on what sort of mage he was before hand. There hasn't been a mage with a claw weapon, utilize that original idea and perhaps come up with some fun close combat magic. What kind of magic would he use? Elemental? Light or dark? Or something else?

what i figure, i think it's the weapon thats magic infused. or to me thatd be interesting
  • clockworkmachinaclockworkmachina
    Reactions: 675
    edited December 2017
    why not have Ryude's successor as a bard class. you could make it use the harp as a weapon maybe even make it an archer class seeing as there are so few, or maybe a archer/mage hybrid like plucking the string of the harp fires music notes or soundwaves like arrows at your enemies, and songs/ ballads could be like buff/debuffs or spells.
    edited December 2017
    why not have Ryude's successor as a bard class. you could make it use the harp as a weapon maybe even make it an archer class seeing as there are so few, or maybe a archer/mage hybrid like plucking the string of the harp fires music notes or soundwaves like arrows at your enemies, and songs/ ballads could be like buff/debuffs or spells.

an archer warrior class
    edited December 2017

an archer warrior class

that could work too, I only mentioned mage because bard have a tendency to be under archer or mage most of the time.
    I'd just like to see it be a real class especially after Alicia promised Ryude that she would find a successor to take up his harp near the end of the winter bard storyline.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited December 2017

an archer warrior class

that could work too, I only mentioned mage because bard have a tendency to be under archer or mage most of the time.
    I'd just like to see it be a real class especially after Alicia promised Ryude that she would find a successor to take up his harp near the end of the winter bard storyline.

but Alicia is kinda...uhm...
    ded.
    edited December 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »

an archer warrior class

ded.

...true, but, she could have found a successor after winter bard but before the whole root abyss and Damien storylines. (one can dream right?)
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited December 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »

an archer warrior class

ded.

...true, but, she could have found a successor after winter bard but before the whole root abyss and Damien storylines. (one can dream right?)

i just want a bard class (could make a killer Archer) I even made a concept a while back...but it never really hit off :T
    edited December 2017
    bard could be seems to be a support class, musical tunes to boost party stats and such, but with an update like winter bard, youd think that was the class, what if instead of that ark class, NA makes the bard class, how jett replaced that dragon warrior class from maple sea
    edited December 2017
    some class ideas....

Sengoku class: Archer class: Falconer- uses a Yumi bow and wrist guard using the bow to mark targets and the falcon partner to swoop down and bombard enemies. seeing as during the Sengoku time period samurai warlords did practice in falconry. also the Yumi bow was a commonly used samurai bow.

Sengoku class: Pirate class: Ayame- nuff said just make her a real class

Sengoku class: Thief: Shinobi/ninja- weapon could be a ninja tool scroll that he/she uses to summon out different ninja weapons like a ninja sword, fuma shurriken, kusari-gama, poison smoke bomb, kunai, tonfa. so kinda like Cadena's warp forge. He/she could also have special ninjutsus or an ninja animal summon.

Nova class: Archer class- a class that uses a draconic arbalest and maybe a chariot or
    Nova class: Archer class- a class that uses a curved horn to blast enemies with sound waves kinda like a dragon shout (skyrim-esque)

A necromancer class- uses a scythe and can summon skeletons or spirits to help in combat.

a class that uses yo-yos as a weapon and different tricks are different skills

apologies for the wall of text