[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Random/Multiple Burning Characters

QuietPrayerQuietPrayer
Reactions: 200
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2017 in Bug Reporting
I tested to see if the gear could be gotten for each fake burn and it can. I haven't tested the leveling yet though. I am worried about players getting banned if they use this. Guilds and Buddies are broken too as of right now. Storage won't work and cashshop is sperratic when it works. If pictures are needed I can provide

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Some players confirmed that leveling does work, and works above level 150, which means it definitely should not be abused.

I'm going to sticky this thread; I'll repeat what I said on the Discord:
    Please avoid abusing the glitch because I cannot confirm anything about how this will be handled. My personal advice is that you avoid playing/leveling on these glitched characters and log a ticket immediately so that you have a reference to point to if/when something happens. Play it safe; that will help minimize the impact.

If you've been affected by this glitch, let's use this thread to collect information. If you can post the names of characters affected and the date/time, please do so, so that if something does happens we can have a record of users affected by this glitch.
    QuietPrayerMainlyUseless
  • TheOriginalNellyTheOriginalNelly
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2017
    Bug type: Gameplay

Brief bug summary: I was playing on my level 135 Cadena and then I crashed. I logged back on and saw that my Cadena randomly turned into a burning character.

More details: I made my Cadena when it was first released and before the burning character creation time period.

Steps to reproduce: I don't know how to reproduce it but I basically was training on my level 135 Cadena and crashed. I logged in to see that it was a burning character and now I can't create an actual burning character later. I was saving my burning character for illium but now my old Cadena took it.

Character name: Cadnelly

Character level: 135

Character job: Cadena

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: About 7:00 PM Mountain Time.
  • KirumixKirumix
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    You wouldn't have been able to make Illium burning anyway because Cadena, Illium, and Zero aren't allowed to be burning. This bug is super annoying cuz I already made my phantom burning and got him to 152 then I made an evan and I can't level him till they fix this cuz he is also burning.
  • Timelesstrix0Timelesstrix0
    Reactions: 1,010
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    uhhh my DB is my "true" burned character but the rest idk wat happened https://imgur.com/a/SkhM8
    EDIT: I played on the cadena to test the burn and deleted him(not very high leveled anyway)
  • MainlyUselessMainlyUseless
    Reactions: 430
    edited December 2017
    Bug Type: Gameplay

Brief Bug Summary: Logged on to collect hot week rewards, noticed all characters on my account are burning, even those above level 150.

More Details: Immediately logged off as I did not want to risk a ban due to glitch abuse.

Steps To Reproduce: I assume you just have to log on, it seems to be happening to everyone.

Character Name: SubparDamage

Character Level: 201 or 202, I don't remember.

Character Job: Blaster

World Name: Bera

Date and Time Of Incident: 6:15PM PST
  • ElvishElvish
    Reactions: 400
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017

Brief Bug Summary: Re-logged and noticed all characters on my account are burning

More Details: All my characters are now Burning Character, even those above level 150(Including the highest on my account, a level 232 Mercedes, and pre-created illium), but only my Paladin, 130, MinasCheese, was supposed to be burning.

Steps To Reproduce: I assume you just have to log on or click "Change character" (Maybe have a Burning Character already assigned), it seems to be happening to everyone.

Character Name: Rinkhal

Character Level: 232.

Character Job: Mercedes

Date and Time Of Incident: 5:00PM PST

Extra: I tried to check if my Mercedes was really burning and got the boxes, did Vanishing Journey dailies and bosses, and logged out.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    Some players confirmed that leveling does work, and works above level 150, which means it definitely should not be abused.

I'm going to sticky this thread; I'll repeat what I said on the Discord:
    Please avoid abusing the glitch because I cannot confirm anything about how this will be handled. My personal advice is that you avoid playing/leveling on these glitched characters and log a ticket immediately so that you have a reference to point to if/when something happens. Play it safe; that will help minimize the impact.

If you've been affected by this glitch, let's use this thread to collect information. If you can post the names of characters affected and the date/time, please do so, so that if something does happens we can have a record of users affected by this glitch.

theyll know if the real burned character was used and not a glitched character, right?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited December 2017
    theyll know if the real burned character was used and not a glitched character, right?

Ideally.

If you have a normally burned character it might be useful to mention that in a ticket or here, so as to put it on the record.
    edited December 2017
    Neospector wrote: »

Ideally.

If you have a normally burned character it might be useful to mention that in a ticket or here, so as to put it on the record.

alright cause only the pre created illium had the burning animation aside from my originally burned demon slayer, so there was no way I would be able to exploit that glitch. thanks.
  • ZekeplosionZekeplosion
    Reactions: 600
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017

Brief Bug Summary: My main and alts were all burning. Not supposed to be.

More Details: All characters were in "Burning" state upon signing on. No clue if it existed before logging. Tested to see if boxes could be acquired. They could, so guessed the burning was broken. Did VJ dailies and signed off.

Steps To Reproduce: Maybe have a burning character and log out and back in? Not sure what produced it in the first place.

Character Name: Zekebuster (ZekeEvan should be the only one burning, put my main since that's what I care about?)

Character Level: 216 Buster; 121(?) Evan.

Character Job: Angelic Buster; Evan

Date and Time Of Incident: Around 8:30ish EST I'd say. Was enough time to do my VJ dailies before 2x.

Extra: Before I logged I got done getting like 17 levels from Zak last 2x. Also had a pre-created Illium. Pretty much the only outliers from the norm I can think of. = / (Edit: Also got done spam logging out to change c haracters for Dojo runs on them all)
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited December 2017

Brief Bug Summary: Was changing characters, noticed another character was burned without any actions.

Character Name: PutHerOnFire
    Character Level: 1
    Character Job: Beginner
    World Name: Scania
    Date and Time Of Incident: December 17th, 2017 @ 9:29 PM EST
    edited December 2017

Brief Bug Summary: Pre created Illium was burned

More Details: Upon entering character selection for reboot world, pre created illium was in burning state. (only my demon slayer should be burned ign Jörmungändr)

Steps To Reproduce:

Character Name: MastërPeace

Character Level: 1 ( unavailable until 20th of december)

Character Job: illium

World Name: Reboot

Date and Time Of Incident: 5:xx pm PST December 17, 2017

• RichieHereRichieHere
    Reactions: 410
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017

Brief Bug Summary: Grinding during 2x event and started leveling 3 times out of nowhere. Did not know what was going on and did not want to risk getting banned.

Character Name: ThunderRich
    Character Level: 146
    Character Job: ThunderBreaker
    Date and Time Of Incident: December 17th, 2017 @ 8:30-9:10 pm
  • taijirostaijiros
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2017

Brief Bug Summary: All characters were all burning in the selection screen. Not supposed to be.

More Details: Just one character was supposed to be on burning mode. I decided to check if the burning was having effect on all characters. I leveled up the 190 character and it just leveled up once. In this case it was just a visual effect bug, nothing more.

Steps To Reproduce: I tried to log out and log back in. The visual effect bug was still there.

Character Name used to test bug: TsoujiroZ (HajimeBuff should be the only one burning)

Character Level: 191 Blaster; 70 cannoneer.

img: https://imgur.com/a/a5cu1

Date and Time Of Incident: Around 8:00 EST
  • driickydriicky
    Reactions: 235
    edited December 2017

Brief Bug Summary: I can create another burning character and original burning didn't level up three times.

More Details: I logged in today and saw that I could create another burning character. I just ignored it and started training on my Evan, which is my current burning character. It leveled from 139 to 140 which should be 142.

Steps To Reproduce: Logged in and out but could still create another burning and my Evan is still 140.

Character Name: Linkcharbruh

Character Level: 140

Character Job: Evan

Date and Time Of Incident: 5:40PM PST
  • PlasmaBeanPlasmaBean
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited December 2017

Brief Bug Summary: I can create another burning character, but the original burning character isn't burning anymore

More Details: I logged in today and saw that I could create another burning character. but my Aran (original burning), that is in level 130, doesn't have the burning effect anymore.

Steps To Reproduce: Logged in and out but could still create another burning and my Aran is still 140.

Character Name: RangedGuy

Character Level: 130

Character Job: Aran

Date and Time Of Incident: 08:40 AM PST

Disclaimer: I don't really think this is a bug, but rather the solution Nexon came up to solve the multiple burning characters problem. Still, I have a life (don't mean to be rude), so I don't want to create another burning character, I want to use the burning in my originally burned character to level it up faster as intended initially
    edited December 2017
    PlasmaBean wrote: »

Brief Bug Summary: I can create another burning character, but the original burning character isn't burning anymore

More Details: I logged in today and saw that I could create another burning character. but my Aran (original burning), that is in level 130, doesn't have the burning effect anymore.

Steps To Reproduce: Logged in and out but could still create another burning and my Aran is still 140.

Character Name: RangedGuy

Character Level: 130

Character Job: Aran

Date and Time Of Incident: 08:40 AM PST

Disclaimer: I don't really think this is a bug, but rather the solution Nexon came up to solve the multiple burning characters problem. Still, I have a life (don't mean to be rude), so I don't want to create another burning character, I want to use the burning in my originally burned character to level it up faster as intended initially

it probably wont be able to burn since it has to be a newly created character.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited December 2017
    Since Nexon has released an official response that no action will be taken at this time, I have unstickied this thread.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited December 2017
    Since Nexon has released an official response that no action will be taken at this time, I have unstickied this thread.