[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Is starforce safeguard bugged at 14th star?

pommepouffepommepouffe
Reactions: 1,660
edited October 2016 in General Chat
Just checking to see if anyone knows whether this is intended before I post to the bug forum.

I can't select the "safeguard" option for my 14-star weapon. It's greyed out, and the mouse-over text says this:
http://imgur.com/a/sW7Nx
I have enough mesos and the safeguard option was working just fine until the 14th star. I've also tried closing and retrying.

Orangemushroom's blog for this change says "From the 12th ~ 16th star, you can now consume additional mesos in order to prevent the destruction of an item when enhancing", so I'm not sure what this would mean for us and whether it's only supposed to safeguard til 14.

Comments

• DiannikaDiannika
    Reactions: 995
    edited October 2016
    says the same for me, and i have nothing with that many stars.. its just the current description.... (not sure if its meant to be that way, just letting you know i see the same)
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    it's cause it's for the 12th to 14th star for GMS.

if you hover your mouse over the option it even says so.

I will highlight the part that you seem to miss

"For items with Stars Between 12 and 14 "

it's clearly intentional, GMS doesn't have the same starforce system that KMS does as the costs, rates and max amount of stars on items are different than KMS.
  • pommepouffepommepouffe
    Reactions: 1,660
    edited October 2016
    Catooolooo

it's cause it's for the 12th to 14th star for GMS.

if you hover your mouse over the option it even says so.

I will highlight the part that you seem to miss

"For items with Stars Between 12 and 14 "

it's clearly intentional, GMS doesn't have the same starforce system that KMS does as the costs, rates and max amount of stars on items are different than KMS.
    I am aware of the wording, since that's exactly what I show in my post's image link.

My question is whether this is intentional, because it doesn't make a lot of sense to remove the noboom feature for the very final enhancement. The wording doesn't prove this functionality is intentional, as it could have been an unclear meaning with "between 12 - 14, including 12 and 14 themselves".

The different rates in KMS is irrelevant. My point there was that the orangemushroom notes don't clarify our situation specifically - I've done my research and looked everywhere I can before asking here to make a bug forum post.

@Diannika thank you.
    Diannika