[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Cadena - Chain Arts - Beatdown

HakufuHakufu
Reactions: 1,155
edited December 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Skill functionality

Brief bug summary: My friends have told me that they can't deal damage to bosses during most of the duration of the skill.

Steps to reproduce: Have someone try to attack it while the skills is charging or being used.

Character name: Cádêna

Character level:200

Character job: Cadena

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: Every time I've bossed with others.

Comments

• HakufuHakufu
    edited December 2017
    Correction, it appears that they deal damage but its hp bar won't actually go down.
    Damage numbers show but damage isn't actually dealt.
  • HakufuHakufu
    edited December 2017
    This bug can be reproduced by using the skill in a mob of monsters. The monster that was chosen as the target of the bind becomes immune to damage while everything else around it dies twice over. Then after that is all said and done the monster that was binded loses its invincibility 5 seconds into the skill and finally takes damage, but this is a bug it shouldn't become immune to damage for any duration of the skill.

I'm just wondering if this is one of the many bugs that is being looked into?
  • HakufuHakufu
    edited January 2018
    This is still an issue, the monsters that are immune to damage for nearly the full duration of the skill while being bound is a bug. Please remove the monster/s damage immunity.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited January 2018
    If possible can you get a video of the issue?
  • HakufuHakufu
    edited January 2018
    Yeah
  • HakufuHakufu
    edited January 2018
    I chose a weak monster to simplify that it isn't damage related, it shows they're totally immune for nearly the entire duration of the skill.
  • HakufuHakufu
    edited January 2018
    As you can see by the video the stupid mushroom takes 12m damage over and over before the animation stops before it even takes the damage.
    Anyway I've watched kms videos with the skill and the bug appears to be an issue in their game too, so I doubt gms can do anything about it until kms resolves the issue first.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Not really a bug. It's just for some reason, the bind skill works differently from other binds where the damage isn't registered till you finish attacking with the beatdown. If you fought bosses, and you use the skill, the boss HP won't register till the skill is finished. This is also in effect for upcoming Ark class.