[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Lost Burning

ShinyCoatShinyCoat
Reactions: 410
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2017 in Bug Reporting
Recently I burned a thunder breaker. I burned him around the start of the burning event. I wasnt playing after lvling it to lvl 55 since there were maintenance's. For some reason my thunder breaker lost its burning effect. Can a gm give me its burning back because I dont want to delete it then wait 24 hrs to make another one.

For proof I had burn on my thunder breaker I have the lvl100 box and title for burning in my inventory. It became lvl 56 because I wanted to test to see if it still had the burning effect.

Comments

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited December 2017
    This was intended.
    [Complete] Unscheduled Maintenance - December 17, 2017

Earlier today we discovered an issue with the Mega Burning Project event in which illicit players were using a packet hack to force multiple characters on various accounts to a burning status. Once we identified the issue, we immediately took action to bring the servers down to avoid further abuse and confusion from all players affected. We have now blocked the packet hack that illicit players were using and have taken action on those accounts we found to be the cause of this hack. There will be also an ongoing investigation to determine if there are any other actions needed as a result of this hack. For all legitimate players who were affected by this issue, please note the following:
    • We will not take any action on your account due to benefiting from the issue.
    • We will not remove any burning event rewards you may have redeemed.
    • If some of your characters were burned illicitly in the same world as a legitimately burned character, we have decided to remove all burning status effects from all characters in that world.
    • If your character’s burning status was removed, you will be able to burn a new character.

We understand the frustration that this issue may have caused and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We will be extending the end date of the Mega Burning Project event and providing compensation for this issue in a future maintenance.
  • ShinyCoatShinyCoat
    Reactions: 410
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    That is really dumb. I guess Ill have to burn another one. Thank you for answering so quickly.
    Its2Sharp4U
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited December 2017
    Yeah, I noticed that too. I kinda freaked out when I saw other characters burning other than the one that was supposed to be. I thought I was done for.
  • YuvhYuvh
    Reactions: 820
    edited January 2018
    It says: "If your character’s burning status was removed, you will be able to burn a new character."
    My burning status was removed. How can I burn a new character?
    I was not able to find how to make a new bucharacter
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Yuvh wrote: »
    It says: "If your character’s burning status was removed, you will be able to burn a new character."
    My burning status was removed. How can I burn a new character?
    I was not able to find how to make a new bucharacter

You can't anymore.
    That was two burning events ago.
    There's no burning event going on now.