[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Is this just the norm now?

VieteViete
Reactions: 510
edited December 2017 in General Chat
several months ago i started playing this game with a looot of issues constant dc's a a lot of lag a lot more "unable to connect to server" issues and even more crashing to desktop...
so as any sane person would do i dropped the game for a few months hoping by the time i made it back things would be fixed up....
and so i came back... and
past couple days have been worse then ever before to the point where i cant even log into the server at all. day, night, evening.. doesn't seems to matter what time at all it never works...
when i rarely do get in and ive tried today alone 24-30 times now, it just says cant connect to server for me over and over out of those 25 ish time i did get in once for less then 5 sec before again receiving the can not connect.

now this is odd to me.... i play other nexon games Vindctus and mabinogi and ive never had issues with them even right now i can log into them... even more odd i can log into the EU (maplestory)server just fine...

being new to the game id like to give the game a go, i liked what little i could play of it as was... but not being able to even log in is rather annoying..
and it cant be nexon surely? again they're other games ive played never had issues with at all..

now i spose this is a complaint thread or perhaps may belong in the tech difficulty area but i want the general thoughts and opinions as well as general information on this issue.. am i the only one getting this issue right now? am i doing something wrong is it my fault on my end only or is something wrong with maple story ?
is this what i can expect from this game from now on unto forever?

sorry for the wall >.<, tldr i spose is: what going on with this game connectivity and lag and such?!
Sherri

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited December 2017
    It's always been this way for me, especially when booting up the game. I run into multiple errors; Runtime errors, 'maintenance' errors, 'problems' logging into a server, or even the whole client just shutting down for no reason whatsoever.
    It takes forever for me to boot up the game itself because the game has to slowly load (cant click past every thing too fast) and then I have to wait for my character information to load up and hope to god through all this time, I don't crash and have to repeat the whole cycle again..

Staying in game isn't as challenging, but I've crashed trying to do legion many times, I get pet loot lag and worse lag if I kill a ton of enemies at once, and I lag in certain areas (one example being the town area of Savage Terminal).

It's bad but I have had these issues (and similar ones) since I began playing this game.
    Compared to Mabinogi and it's Pleione engine, this game loads much slower compared to it. That's saying something. :/
    Jacaru
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    since the server is global, the interference from other regions/countries is a large part of why the game has connectivity issues, not to mention it hosts the europe server as well, Id say some splash will cross over.
  • VieteViete
    Reactions: 510
    edited December 2017
    Sherri wrote: »
    It's always been this way for me, especially when booting up the game. I run into multiple errors; Runtime errors, 'maintenance' errors, 'problems' logging into a server, or even the whole client just shutting down for no reason whatsoever.
    It takes forever for me to boot up the game itself because the game has to slowly load (cant click past every thing too fast) and then I have to wait for my character information to load up and hope to god through all this time, I don't crash and have to repeat the whole cycle again..

Staying in game isn't as challenging, but I've crashed trying to do legion many times, I get pet loot lag and worse lag if I kill a ton of enemies at once, and I lag in certain areas (one example being the town area of Savage Terminal).

It's bad but I have had these issues (and similar ones) since I began playing this game.
    Compared to Mabinogi and it's Pleione engine, this game loads much slower compared to it. That's saying something. :/

Ah thats very unfortunate ... well idk what to do now since i cant get in at all lol... and when i do get in i just crash or d/c
    and yea something slower then pleione is pretty bad....... sounds liek maple needs a update/ overhaul
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited December 2017
    something happened with an update last year in october that caused a lot of lag. I think someone said it has to do with quests or something. Oddly, I know a lot of people that arent experiencing any lag. Maybe it's a compatibility thing. I dunno, I'm not an expert on computers. Oh and there are youtube videos of gms made recently and they dont seem to be experiencing any lag so I know this isnt affecting everyone