[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Move the Alishan lightbulb to the left notifier

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
At level 33, every character receives the quest "A Spirit's Whisper" which begins the Alishan mini-dungeon quest line.

However, unlike (almost) all other mini-dungeons and questlines, whose initial quest is in the lightbulb notifier on the left side of the screen, the Alishan quest appears as a lightbulb above the character's head.
Lightbulbs over the character's head are usually reserved for mandatory story quests, or quests that are within a certain questline but are "thoughts that the character thinks to themselves" rather than assigned by an NPC. Alishan is not nearly that high-priority, and there is no justification for putting it over the character's head.

Furthermore, the new classes Cadena and Illium have tutorial/story quest lines that last beyond level 33. If the user clicks on the Alishan quest, thinking it is part of the tutorial, they end up being teleported to Alishan. Exiting from Alishan (with or without performing its questline) takes one to Henesys. Getting back from Henesys to the tutorial area is problematic.
If the Alishan quest were in the regular (left-hand side) lightbulb, people would be a lot less likely to activate it unintentionally in the middle of their tutorial, and get themselves in trouble.
ArgentninestrokesSelvNNAGlaceDfeuclockworkmachinaYinYangXSherriMageOfBattlesBaydenNShadowParadoxand 3 others.

Comments

• pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited December 2017
    yes please!
  • SelvNNASelvNNA
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2017
    Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times yes. I have a tendency to put off content that is either unappealing to me, or gets in the way of what I'm currently doing. I also have a tendency to forget that I put off said content. I spent forty-five minutes in the Afterlands trying to figure out what it was I was forgetting to do and what I was missing, before I realized that the bubble above my head trying to teleport me to another area was actually hiding three or four quest bubbles for various other areas. There's no reason for Alishan to be the only mini-dungeon that does such a thing.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited December 2017
    Yes please! It's annoying having a quest bubble over my head when I'm attempting to do something.
  • tnyzngtnyzng
    Reactions: 800
    edited December 2017
    the pantheon prequest starts there as well
  • DauntlessAhriDauntlessAhri
    Reactions: 910
    edited December 2017
    I have gotten used to just ignoring it but I agree, both the alishan and the the pantheon ones also should be gone
  • BlargleDergBlargleDerg
    Reactions: 730
    edited December 2017
    Nexon pls.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    I have gotten used to just ignoring it but I agree, both the alishan and the the pantheon ones also should be gone

The problem with getting used to ignoring it, is that when a real (and important) quest joins it in the lightbulb, we just don't see it.

The Pantheon quest is not nearly as bad because it's just a couple dialog boxes. It doesn't teleport you out of wherever you are.