[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

The incantation

TheHoATheHoA
Reactions: 2,210
edited October 2016 in General Chat
Hey can anyone get the incantation to work? I've typed it exactly but the quest won't let me finish.

Comments

• Agent_DragonfuryAgent_Dragonfury
    Reactions: 590
    edited October 2016
    There was a similar issue in HoM. Have you tried typing it all lowercase?
    Or all uppercase, for that matter.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    Did you double click the thing in your use tab to place the fishbowl-looking thing first?
    Agent_Dragonfury
  • KingSKingS
    Reactions: 550
    edited October 2016
    I was also having trouble doing this too.... Not sure what exactly to do.... He said to be alone and say the incantation, but nothing.... I even tried dropping it :0
  • XeraphimXeraphim
    Reactions: 1,480
    edited October 2016
    Did you do a Native American rain dance with a horse mask on your face while jumping around on a mixture of Cool Whip and shaving cream (Barbasol) while waving a dreamcatcher in each hand and listening to gangsta rap with 5 kinds of incense burning at the same time while your roommate or hired help sprays Febreze everywhere and screams lyrics to Korn songs off-key?

Oh right, I forgot. It helps to have polka-dot wallpaper and a small tacky painting off-center in one corner with bare walls everywhere else.
    ... and rope lights in your kitchen on the floor and ceiling around the cabinets.

Then maybe the incantation will work.
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited October 2016
    1. Double-click the bottle in your Use tab. A goldfish bowl should appear on the spot you stand.

2. Type "Accio Portalis" in To All chat and press enter.

I'm not sure if it has to be To All or if the map has to be empty for it to work, but this is what I did and it worked for me.
    KingS
  • KingSKingS
    edited October 2016
    PhoenixKumo

1. Double-click the bottle in your Use tab. A goldfish bowl should appear on the spot you stand.

I'm not sure if it has to be To All or if the map has to be empty for it to work, but this is what I did and it worked for me.
    Ooooh. I'll try this. Thanks! (I furiously clicked it before, with no result, however I'll try different maps!)
  • KingSKingS
    edited October 2016
    Xeraphim
    Xeraphim said:

Did you do a Native American rain dance with a horse mask on your face while jumping around on a mixture of Cool Whip and shaving cream (Barbasol) while waving a dreamcatcher in each hand and listening to gangsta rap with 5 kinds of incense burning at the same time while your roommate or hired help sprays Febreze everywhere and screams lyrics to Korn songs off-key?

Oh right, I forgot. It helps to have polka-dot wallpaper and a small tacky painting off-center in one corner with bare walls everywhere else.
    ... and rope lights in your kitchen on the floor and ceiling around the cabinets.

Then maybe the incantation will work.
    We tried all of this! Maybe I need to repeat but standing on a chair this time!!!
  • super118super118
    Reactions: 235
    edited October 2016
    no it works. What I did was be in a map with no npc, then I click the Use item, and type out the phrase. Done :)
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    PhoenixKumo

Can definitely confirm that the map does not have to be empty. I was discussing the uh... finer points of what the hell the fishbowl thing on the ground was with a Bishop who happened to be in the same area, said the thing and the quest finished.

300 spell traces. Yay.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2016
    super118
    super118 said:

no it works. What I did was be in a map with no npc, then I click the Use item, and type out the phrase. Done :)
    It works in a map with NPCs. I did it at the Demon Camp. However, the phrase is case sensitive. "Accio Portalis" works, "accio portalis" or "Accio portalis" do not.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Yeah, it works in a map with NPCs or other people or both. I did it in the Commerci Trading Post, with 2 NPCs and a few characters around.
    Just have to double-click the bottle and then type the incantation in all-chat exactly as given.