[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

question

C00ki3zC00ki3z
Reactions: 1,340
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2017 in General Chat
When do you guys switch maps when not getting runes/pollo/inferno?

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    C00ki3z wrote: »
    When do you guys switch maps when not getting runes/pollo/inferno?

You only get runes/portals if you're +/- 20 lvls of the mobs on the map. Runes usually spawn ~5mins or less and portals are like every ~10mins or so (from my experience, the faster you can kill the mobs the higher chance runes/portals show up). Don't think I've ever "switch maps" cause I couldn't get runes/portals.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited December 2017
    I don't switch maps either for that reason.
  • xBeastHeroxBeastHero
    Reactions: 990
    edited December 2017
    I dont' switch map for that reason because I don't even think It's possible to not get them unless you're 20 level over the monster..
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    xBeastHero wrote: »
    I dont' switch map for that reason because I don't even think It's possible to not get them unless you're 20 level over the monster..

^In general that's true, though I think there's something funny with Kritias, cause I'm lvl 219 and I can still sometimes get a rune/portal on the frozen mobs (all below 195, and given it's really rare but does happen).