[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.220 Moonlight Magic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

question

C00ki3zC00ki3z
Reactions: 740
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2017 in General Chat
When do you guys switch maps when not getting runes/pollo/inferno?

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,695
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    C00ki3z wrote: »
    When do you guys switch maps when not getting runes/pollo/inferno?

You only get runes/portals if you're +/- 20 lvls of the mobs on the map. Runes usually spawn ~5mins or less and portals are like every ~10mins or so (from my experience, the faster you can kill the mobs the higher chance runes/portals show up). Don't think I've ever "switch maps" cause I couldn't get runes/portals.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited December 2017
    I don't switch maps either for that reason.
  • xBeastHeroxBeastHero
    Reactions: 970
    edited December 2017
    I dont' switch map for that reason because I don't even think It's possible to not get them unless you're 20 level over the monster..
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,695
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    xBeastHero wrote: »
    I dont' switch map for that reason because I don't even think It's possible to not get them unless you're 20 level over the monster..

^In general that's true, though I think there's something funny with Kritias, cause I'm lvl 219 and I can still sometimes get a rune/portal on the frozen mobs (all below 195, and given it's really rare but does happen).