[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Luminous nerf

LusttouLusttou
Reactions: 305
edited October 2016 in General Chat
Did luminous teleport have to change?
I personally didn't mind losing a lot of damage but man the teleport distance got wrecked.
I have no chance of getting to 250 anymore
p.s yes I'm really salty about this :(

Comments

• BiznitchBiznitch
    Reactions: 415
    edited October 2016
    why, WHY!?!? Why would they nerf our teleport..... man it is now lower than it was at lvl 1... went from 300 to 170... used to be 210 at lvl 1 before that patch. im pretty upset too, changes the way i play this char so much, but i guess i'll have to give it a try at bosses before i quit playing him.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    Welcome to the KMS version of Luminus, we now have the Forced dark/ light system and everything.

This probably had to happen to make the implementation of 5th job skills work
  • BadAssRicBadAssRic
    Reactions: 900
    edited October 2016
    I feel the same way I don't understand why they would do this to us after playing all this time as a GMS Lumi you can't expect us to give all this up and keep going. Me too feel like quitting my Lumi or maybe the whole Game.
  • XeraphimXeraphim
    Reactions: 1,480
    edited October 2016
    My lumi is now a Link Skill mule. Congrats Nexon, you ruined a fun class.

I was going to take it to 210 after I get done with Kinesis and Shade but now... nope.
    BadAssRiclizzybethLilyflower
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited October 2016
    Xeraphim
    Xeraphim said:

My lumi is now a Link Skill mule. Congrats Nexon, you ruined a fun class.

I was going to take it to 210 after I get done with Kinesis and Shade but now... nope.
    Same...I was gonna main mine...
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/879/can-i-have-my-lumi-back#latest
  • XeraphimXeraphim
    Reactions: 1,480
    edited October 2016
    SwordStaker

Love it. Bossing went way up, mobbing went down. It's better this way honestly. This is how the class was suppose to be.
    I don't boss with my Lumi but it will be a major thing after lvl 150 as bossing is a huge XP area for me, given the time I have and the time it takes to take down a boss (provided I don't crash again). If Lumi lost mobbing and gained proportional bossing ability, then I don't mind so much.

I do wish we had the proper Teleport back though.
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Xeraphim
    Xeraphim said:

SwordStaker

Love it. Bossing went way up, mobbing went down. It's better this way honestly. This is how the class was suppose to be.
    I don't boss with my Lumi but it will be a major thing after lvl 150 as bossing is a huge XP area for me, given the time I have and the time it takes to take down a boss (provided I don't crash again). If Lumi lost mobbing and gained proportional bossing ability, then I don't mind so much.

Than you can be happy, the change makes it possible to be a lot more often in equilibrium, thereby improving its bossing significant. KMS Lumi changes quite often from dark to light and vice versa.

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    So is that what @SwordStaker was referring to when they said Lumi's bossing went way up? Greater overall time spent in Equilibrium, rather than two shits of it every couple minutes or so and Reflection spam for the rest?
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

So is that what @SwordStaker was referring to when they said Lumi's bossing went way up? Greater overall time spent in Equilibrium, rather than two shits of it every couple minutes or so and Reflection spam for the rest?
    yes
  • LusttouLusttou
    edited October 2016
    Teleport doesn't feel responsive (not that it was pre-nerf), reflection's range also seemed to have decreased which was good for cvell or any boss that you wanted to attack from far. :\
    I wish I had gotten to 250 earlier or never tried in the first place :(
  • SwordStakerSwordStaker
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited October 2016
    BadAssRic
    BadAssRic said:

I feel the same way I don't understand why they would do this to us after playing all this time as a GMS Lumi you can't expect us to give all this up and keep going. Me too feel like quitting my Lumi or maybe the whole Game.
    You and all the Kaisers complaining and threatning to quit. Seriously if you are just do it. Also don't pull that crap about the "used to playing." A class called Evan would like to say hello. Used to one style of gameplay for yearssssss and then recently changed it to something completly different. Not to mention what RED did to corsairs and Buccs.
    Aggraphine

Yep. A good Luminous can re-trigger Equilibrium every 32 seconds
    Xeraphim
    Xeraphim said:

SwordStaker

You don't lose much mobbing. Death Scythe is still a great mobbing move. Just get some MPE potions and have fun. Apocalypse is much better than people give it credit for. You just have to spec your hyper skills correctly.
  • LusttouLusttou
    edited October 2016
    I agree with both swordstaker and aggraphine on the fact that a good lumi can re-trigger equilibrium every 32 seconds but how about you meant to do that while dodging cvell tails and rocks :\ or hmag's knock back skills (spin).
    For the most part, blink does compensate for our forward teles but it gets tricky when you want to run away.
    People are gonna need to start remembering that they can tele further but only in equilibrium and while jumping (this is something I'm trying to practice in cvell but with everything happening, it gets hard :| )