[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

NX Transfer Event

PrissyPrissyPrissyPrissy
Reactions: 700
edited December 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I was wondering if we could get a NX Transfer event for New Years Eve/ New Years, I was hoping we would get one for Christmas, but that did not happen so now I am suggesting it. Would be a great way to compensate the problems we have had this year and an amazing way to end the year. Also could we get this cross-world as well as account. Before people go saying that cross-world would be overpowered, please take into consideration that most people just want items from their main accounts onto reboot. We can all agree Reboot is the #1 player base. Also the people saying that Nexon is a money sink and would not allow this ever, take into consideration this is a once a year thing and this would most likely have 0 effect on Nexon's income towards Premium boxes. (Keep in mind, Nexon has done this before) @Arwoo get your bottom over here and support me :).

Thoughts / Concerns would be very much appreciated.

- Priscilla
  1. Would you like this event from Nexon?8 votes
    1. Yes it would be a nice way to end the year.
       100% (8 votes)
    2. No, this is too overpowered.
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Does not impact me.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Update Notes say we already have a Cash Inventory Transfer event scheduled. It starts January 4th.

Cross-world cash transfer would probably be technically complicated, as well as prone to exploitation.

Reboot's economic viability relies on people buying dozens and hundreds of boxes just to get the look they want. If they could just buy those items directly for meso in other worlds, and then wait for the event to transfer them, that model kind of falls apart. I know you might just want a few items you've had on Scania since 2012 or something, but unless the event is coded to only allow transfer of items acquired before Reboot came to be (or a similar constraint), we'll see massive shopping for the express purpose of transferring. And a lot less gambling in Reboot.

Now you'll say: people said the same thing about regular cash transfer and also the semi-shared cash inventories. That if people could move/share their pets and clothes and hyper rocks they'd never buy more. And yet Nexon gave us these things: the class-group cash inventories and regular cash transfer events.

The difference is that Nexon's main income from regular servers comes from consumable cash items: cubes, spins, books, gach tickets, and also surprise boxes. Nexon wants to encourage people to play multiple chars and to switch mains, because it means a lot more cubing. Allowing the new character to take the pet off the old one, hardly makes a difference in spending, and serves as one less psychological block against switching.
  • PrissyPrissyPrissyPrissy
    edited December 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Update Notes say we already have a Cash Inventory Transfer event scheduled. It starts January 4th.

Cross-world cash transfer would probably be technically complicated, as well as prone to exploitation.

Reboot's economic viability relies on people buying dozens and hundreds of boxes just to get the look they want. If they could just buy those items directly for meso in other worlds, and then wait for the event to transfer them, that model kind of falls apart. I know you might just want a few items you've had on Scania since 2012 or something, but unless the event is coded to only allow transfer of items acquired before Reboot came to be (or a similar constraint), we'll see massive shopping for the express purpose of transferring. And a lot less gambling in Reboot.

Now you'll say: people said the same thing about regular cash transfer and also the semi-shared cash inventories. That if people could move/share their pets and clothes and hyper rocks they'd never buy more. And yet Nexon gave us these things: the class-group cash inventories and regular cash transfer events.

The difference is that Nexon's main income from regular servers comes from consumable cash items: cubes, spins, books, gach tickets, and also surprise boxes. Nexon wants to encourage people to play multiple chars and to switch mains, because it means a lot more cubing. Allowing the new character to take the pet off the old one, hardly makes a difference in spending, and serves as one less psychological block against switching.

Yes once again as I stated, this happens ONCE a year and it has never effected the income in the past.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017

Yes once again as I stated, this happens ONCE a year and it has never effected the income in the past.

It has never happened in the past, so how would you know how it affects income?
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    There has never been cross world nx transfer, and I doubt there ever will for the reasons AKradian has stated, which I too in my opinion summarize the main points as to why it won't happen. Even nx transfer across the same world would mean they lose some money, just not enough to not have them anymore, because most of the time people have the same equips on different characters. Only some seasonal or some extra item they want on their main or a different character is the outlier.

Say you have 50 covers on a world you dont play, each cost 3,400 per box you opened. Thats 170 they wont get as revenue if it's older nx covers that arent cycled through. Scale this to the amount of players that left normal worlds to reboot, it's a substantial amount of money they lose.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2017
    While i would love a cross world transfer...i doubt it will ever happen. I have a ton of nx stuff on renegades id like to transfer over, but I would exclude pets, cubes, etc from being allowed to cross worlds. Anything that could be considered p2w. (Cosmetic items basically would be the only stuff you can take across worlds)
  • PrissyPrissyPrissyPrissy
    edited December 2017

It has never happened in the past, so how would you know how it affects income?

Are you okay? Nx Transfer has happened in the past. The Crossworld part has not. If you are a normal NX buyer and been with Maplestory for over 7 years you know the effect that nx transfers happen on the game. Not a single one of us feel as if they got all the items they want on a certain job class that they would stop paying for nx. Would not effect premium hair, style boxes, royal hairs, All stars, or any High NX revenue. Not a single person would ever feel like they would stop paying for nx now they got certain items on a certain one character. Once again if you are not a MVP or frequent/long-term NX buyer, you would not understand the small impact that NX - Transfers have on their income.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Are you okay? Nx Transfer has happened in the past. The Crossworld part has not. If you are a normal NX buyer and been with Maplestory for over 7 years you know the effect that nx transfers happen on the game. Not a single one of us feel as if they got all the items they want on a certain job class that they would stop paying for nx. Would not effect premium hair, style boxes, royal hairs, All stars, or any High NX revenue. Not a single person would ever feel like they would stop paying for nx now they got certain items on a certain one character. Once again if you are not a MVP or frequent/long-term NX buyer, you would not understand the small impact that NX - Transfers have on their income.

There's a huge difference between NX transfer inside a world, and NX transfer into Reboot.

When the choice is between buying thousands of dollars worth of random boxes for a "chance" at getting what you want, and buying items directly in FM in other worlds and then waiting a few months to move it all to Reboot, anyone not made of money would stop to think.

I think a better (or more Nexon-like) solution to the "I have stuff on Scania that can no longer be obtained, so I want to move it" would be to release more random box types in Reboot, with old "retired" styles in them.
  • GreenSoup2HoTGreenSoup2HoT
    Reactions: 400
    edited September 2018
    I have tons of perma-NX on Bellocan. Would be nice if i could take it over to reboot...

Id honestly purchase more NX if this was a thing. The reason why im not buying NX in reboot is simply because they wont let us transfer our NX over. So why should i support a company thats basically trying to scam me for my money at every corner rather then throwing players a bone to warrent future support?

Just saying Nexon. You'll make more money if your customers are happy.