[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

KMS PIN System

PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
Reactions: 3,195
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Please consider adding the KMS Pin system instead of gms's pic one.
the kms one looks more modern sleekier and is more secure and easier to use.

L9OZCdK.png
mjgj96
  1. Should we get this kms modern sleek clean looking pin instead of our outdated horrible looking one?28 votes
    1. Yes, looks sleek modern and clean, kms knows how to desgin stuff.
       89% (25 votes)
    2. no, i like taking another 3-10 min cycling between tabs, on our older outdated pic system.
       7% (2 votes)
    3. nope, we don't need it , i don't see any reason.
       4% (1 vote)

Comments

• SlicedTimeSlicedTime
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited October 2017
    That would be a pretty nice UX change. I don't know wether or not it's more secure, but it looks a lot more convinient that the thing we have now.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    SlicedTime wrote: »
    That would be a pretty nice UX change. I don't know wether or not it's more secure, but it looks a lot more convinient that the thing we have now.

it is more secure because the leaves and letters move each time you re-enter your pin, it's also quite a hassle now to use meso market, login, or cash trade someone, our current pic system just takes forever imo. (also it's so 2009 don't you think ?)

let's call what we have now a: 2003 Phone pad dialier xD

• JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    What does the invisible login checkbox do
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »

it makes the characters that you enter invisible

Edit: it makes you login in offline mode.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited October 2017
    I agree this should come, honestly seeying how the game is going, the more things are similar to KMS, the less buggy the game will be, so i think this might make logging faster or the game just overall better.

Edit: Aside from looking new, the old pic remembers more the old times, and now all tabs are looking new.
  • Nightcrawl3rNightcrawl3r
    Reactions: 1,140
    edited October 2017
    The terrible system GMS now has is the only reason why I'm still using a simple pin made up of a couple of numbers. Can't be bothered to put in words into that clusterfuck of a UI.
    SlicedTimeStarshadow
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017
    Oooh, that is a nice UI. Me wanty.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017

it is more secure because the leaves and letters move each time you re-enter your pin, it's also quite a hassle now to use meso market, login, or cash trade someone, our current pic system just takes forever imo. (also it's so 2009 don't you think ?)

It's not more secure because while it's impossible to guess your PIC from one time you enter it, by the time a hypothetical click-recording keylogger "sees" you enter it 20 or 50 times, it'll know your PIC exactly.

In our current PIC pad, each key can have any letter or digit on it, but on the KMS keyboard, each spot can only have 3 or 4 different letters. Some spots only have 1 possible letter they can be (the ends of each row).
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

It's not more secure because while it's impossible to guess your PIC from one time you enter it, by the time a hypothetical click-recording keylogger "sees" you enter it 20 or 50 times, it'll know your PIC exactly.

In our current PIC pad, each key can have any letter or digit on it, but on the KMS keyboard, each spot can only have 3 or 4 different letters. Some spots only have 1 possible letter they can be (the ends of each row).

on our current pic pad, each key has either a letter or a number. ( no keys has letters and numbers on them, plus it's outdated ) the kms one is more secure, and every other region uses, it. also kms can update it if they think it needs too.

fyi: our current PIC pad, is JMS's old pic pad, even jms use's the new KMS pin keyboard now.
    and as i said: the letters, numbers, and leaves all move after you re enter your pin, even the end row.

plus kms know's how to run a game securely.

ps. you can enter symbols such as:/,.; with a keyboard, so it is more secure then our current pic system.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017

on our current pic pad, each key has either a letter or a number. ( no keys has letters and numbers on them, plus it's outdated ) the kms one is more secure, and every other region uses, it. also kms can update it if they think it needs too.

fyi: our current PIC pad, is JMS's old pic pad, even jms use's the new KMS pin keyboard now.
    and as i said: the letters, numbers, and leaves all move after you re enter your pin, even the end row.

ps. you can enter symbols such as:/,.; with a keyboard, so it is more secure then our current pic system.

So they move entirely randomly? That picture of letters that happen to be sorted like on a querty keyboard is accidental?
    If they're not sorted then ok, that's secure (but irritating to have to look for a letter among all those keys instead of 12 at a time).
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017

So they move entirely randomly? That picture of letters that happen to be sorted like on a querty keyboard is accidental?
    If they're not sorted then ok, that's secure (but irritating to have to look for a letter among all those keys instead of 12 at a time).

Trust me way easier and more convenient then using ours, i used that on msea, and it's a million times better imo.

and the letters only stay on their own rows, they only move left and right, not up and down.

it also depands on where the leaves are, they are the ones that move the letters, and to answer your question, they move left and right, so A will still be on the left side, and can't be on the right side on the end of the keyboard.
  • LightningSparkLightningSpark
    Reactions: 575
    edited October 2017
    ohhhh, this looks clean as hell . desismileys_6666.gif
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited October 2017
    Wow this one looks much cleaner I would really want that.
    PhantomMasterThief
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Lilyflower wrote: »
    Wow this one looks much cleaner I would really want that.

And it's much more convenient to use. ( especially in the meso market or cash item trades, i mean you need a magnifying glass to see our pic pad )
    Lilyflower
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Any news or updates about this?, almost 3 months have passed since i have suggested this.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited December 2017
    I'm the only one here who doesn't care for it? Looks more of a cluster to me than the old one.
    Is it that hard to have a number only PIN?
    I mean PIN does mean Personal Identification Number.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now that is pretty useful. I'd like that.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Sherri wrote: »
    I'm the only one here who doesn't care for it? Looks more of a cluster to me than the old one.
    Is it that hard to have a number only PIN?
    I mean PIN does mean Personal Identification Number.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now that is pretty useful. I'd like that.

Actually it's way more convenient to use that Keyboard, then our's ( the old kms one ) Pic pad.
    i used that keyboard mulitple times on different region maple storys, and it's just That much better.

it's also not secure to just have a pic/pin made out of numbers, and it's a Nightmare to type/click letters on our current pic pad :(

Sherri
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Please don't forget about this, this is a really convenient Pin/2nd Password keyboard to use.
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited January 2018
    I like the look of that one better. I use random numbers as a pin just because the hassle of switching back and forth is so tedious.
  • Mercedes4Ever31Mercedes4Ever31
    Reactions: 1,215
    edited January 2018

OMG! No way! does KMS really have it?! they're so lucky that Nexon Korea actually listen to them T.T
    Life are unfair, I guess :[