[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Regarding Step Up Event (Level 155 mission issue)

ThoriThori
Reactions: 300
edited December 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Good afternoon! I would like to say I am enjoying this new event called Step Up! It was mentioned in the v.191 Winter Bard patch notes that the level 155 mission was related with potential reset. I prefer to plan myself before starting this sort of event. Thus, I read all the Step Up missions listed on this page. However, for my surprise we are supposed to gather 10 soul shards of a Root Abyss boss and use it to obtain a soul as you can see on the print attached below. In my opinion, this is quite unfair for some reasons. The main one is that the whole purpose of these missions is to introduce you to the different features of the gameplay. The missions can be challenging, but with effort you are able to complete them in a couple hours. Saying that, there is no logic on this level 155 mission. These bosses can be defeated once per day and the soul shards do not drop every single run. In conclusion, you will need more than 10 days to complete this mission which is insane.

Suggestion: you can change the mission to collect one soul shard of each Root Abyss boss or to equip a weapon with a soul (Similar to the level 152 mission: equip a weapon with star force 11 or higher).

Link to the v.191 Winter Bard patch notes: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/27153

Related prints below:
gbMZ1Kl.png

UzBqjGr.png

Comments

• PepiPepi
    Reactions: 600
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    I do agree with this. I completed the Step-Up event and in Korea, this mission was different. I completed it by taking advantage of the x2 drop events and the fact that they gave us x2 drop coupons as compensation for the burning issue. By using this 2, I was able to obtain 2-4 shards per run per day. Which took me 3 days in a 2x event full weekend.
  • PepiPepi
    Reactions: 600
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Pepi wrote: »
    I do agree with this. I completed the Step-Up event and in Korea, this mission was different. I completed it by taking advantage of the x2 drop events and the fact that they gave us x2 drop coupons as compensation for the burning issue. By using this 2, I was able to obtain 2-4 shards per run per day. Which took me 3 days in a 2x event full weekend.

and all of this was a very random scenario. If I didn't receive those x2 drop coupons or the x2 happened, maybe would take me as long as 2 weeks only in that mission.
  • DuyLTDuyLT
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2017
    I agree with you, even I have x2 coupon, it stills not drop, this so unfair :< Hope NX bring back right mission in next patch
  • ThoriThori
    Reactions: 300
    edited January 2018
    Pepi wrote: »
    and all of this was a very random scenario. If I didn't receive those x2 drop coupons or the x2 happened, maybe would take me as long as 2 weeks only in that mission.
    Indeed. Lucky Pepi! xD
    DuyLT wrote: »
    I agree with you, even I have x2 coupon, it stills not drop, this so unfair :< Hope NX bring back right mission in next patch
    We all hope... Haha
  • BlissfulBlissful
    Reactions: 875
    edited January 2018
    I am commenting on this because I have been doing this Step-Up event quite diligently and I have been stuck on this for the past two weeks. I am ridiculously unlucky, and have not received many souls despite doing Root Abyss boss everyday. In the patch notes, it stated something completely different and I expected we should have just simply reset a potential. I have put a lot of effort thus far in this event, and I am so afraid of not being able to complete it at this point.

It is strange to have such a roadblock for most people. I also heard it is glitched. Creating Vellum souls and Crimson Queen souls do not complete the mission. Unfortunately, those are the only two I am close to completing for the time being.

Nexon, please address this swiftly before burying this underneath by waiting for this event to be over. It is absolutely frustrating since it requires so much work to get here, and so much more work to finish.