[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Jumpquest Platform Hit-box Adjustment

ClawStaffClawStaff
Reactions: 2,950
Member, Private Tester
edited January 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Suggestion: I simply want the landing hit-boxes of platforms to be adjusted to match the actual size of the platforms, especially for jump quests.

Reason for Suggestion: I think it would simply make sense for the space you need to land on for platforms to be the size of the platform. It would technically make JQs easier, but this is the way they should have worked in the first place.

Other Details: One of the main reasons I think people that don't like JQs don't like them is the seemingly pixel perfect jumps you need to perform to land on platforms. Your character sometimes looks like they will land on the platform but falls through it anyway.

I think the space you need to land on platforms should be adjusted to match the platform size for current and future JQs.
GhostAinafoussiremix
  1. Do you think the landing zone for platforms (especially for JQs) should be adjusted?9 votes
    1. Yes
       89% (8 votes)
    2. No
       11% (1 vote)

Comments

• GhostAinaGhostAina
    Reactions: 740
    edited January 2018
    Well stated! I recently took leisure in completing various Jump Quests, while the Kerning City Construction Site ones were no problem, I experienced more than needed frustration with the Henesys Pet Park Jump Quest. Ellina Forest Jump Quests come to mind too. It would be nice if your solution was implemented. :)
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    OMG YES
    Finally someone mentioned it.
    Yeah the hitboxes of jumpquest plattforms should really be adjusted.
    Everyone who did the pet park jumpquest knows what i am talking about.
  • RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited January 2018
    Let's not forget the Zak JQ
  • GhostAinaGhostAina
    Reactions: 740
    edited January 2018
    Ohhh right, Zak JQ. That was a pain in the butt, mostly if you just fell into the lava.
    A new reward for completing that would be cool too! :)
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    I agree, Wonderoid B4 also ticks me off when there are platforms that you see are visible and you end up falling through them. I don't like how Jump Quests were designed to be perfect timing in hopes of not getting screwed over.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited January 2018
    Ellinia JQ is the worst out of these.