[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Ursus causes crashes after certain attacks

astrosnotastrosnot
Reactions: 1,265
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2016 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Gameplay - crashes

Brief bug summary: Every player in the Ursus battle map disconnects after Ursus grabs a player in her mouth.

More details: The disconnections occurred on three separate occasions: twice with 18 players in the map and once with 11 players in the map. On all three occasions, all players in the battle simultaneously experienced a game crash.

Steps to reproduce: I am not sure whether the disconnects are triggered by players attacking the mouth while a person is "eaten" or by Ursus spitting the players out, but they always occur right at the end of this particular attack.

Character name: Tussis

Character level: 214

Character job: Blaster

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: Wednesday, October 19 between 6:30 PM - 7:15 PM PST.
PeiyuNatWarrior1Narog

Comments

• RezerbaRezerba
    Reactions: 830
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Having the same issue here too. Really unfortunate that a fun expedition like Ursus is unplayable.

Bug type: Gameplay - Crashes Client

Brief bug summary:
    During the fight against Ursus, the game client crashes after Ursus grabs a player(s) by either paw or mouth.

More details:
    When Ursus grabs a player by either mouth or paw, all players in the map have their clients crash after a few seconds of being grabbed. This happened in my first run with a large group and in the next 2 runs with just 3 people.
    I'm not entirely sure of the exact cause but I know for sure it involves getting grabbed.
    Sometimes the crash doesn't occur. At one instance I was the only one that didn't crash when someone else got grabbed. Everyone else crashed from that instance though.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Enter Ursus battle.
    2. Take off about 20% of his HP off.
    3. Get grabbed by one of Ursus's attacks.

Expected Result:
    The fight continues and the grab attack goes through without any issues.

Observed Result:
    Potentially up to everyone in the Ursus battle ends up with the client crashing after a few seconds.

Character name: AschenW07

Character level: 218

Character job: Thunder Breaker

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: October 19, 2016 between 10:15 PM - 11:00 PM PST.
  • NarogNarog
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited October 2016
    Yes this please , also doing Ursus without "remote effects off" option is almost impossible.
  • astrosnotastrosnot
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    My group ran an additional three Ursus raids today (Oct 20) between 19:00-20:00 PM, and this problem still persists after the unscheduled maintenance.

We were finally able to record an instance of this bug occurring during a run:
    The first round of crashes happen to 3 players at around 2:50, as Ursus ends the "eating" attack (you can see this user's party leader disconnecting in the chat). The second round of crashes occur at 3:44, as Ursus uses the grabbing attack; all remaining players in the map crashed.

We've realized that not all of Ursus's grab attacks still cause the client to crash, however the frequency of these attacks makes this an unavoidable problem in all runs at the moment. From what we've seen so far, the crashes seem to occur at a random chance during grab attacks.
  • RayKudaRayKuda
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited October 2016
    I've experienced the same bug

Character name: RayKuda
    Character level: 217
    Character job: Hero
    World name: Broa
    Date and time of the incident:10/21/2016 7:25 PM PST
  • RezerbaRezerba
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    10/20: Yesterday I went in by myself and got eaten 4 times without crashing in the first 2 runs. 2 were from pooping and the other 2 were tosses.
    On the last run I attacked him while eaten and it crashed after getting chewed.

10/21: Today I got eaten 3 times in the first 2 runs which resulted in no crashes. 2 poops and 1 toss.
    On the 3rd run I attacked him while eaten(poop) but I didn't crash .
    However when I got eaten again in that run I didn't attack and he chewed me which resulted in a crash.

Seems like chewing consistently results in a crash.

-----------------

10/22: Still going in solo. Was pooped out a lot and tossed 4 times(Shade Link Skill saved me twice). In one run I died due to sand. No crashes occurred.
    Getting pooped out seems to not result in a crash?

From what we have so far the direction he's facing when someone is grabbed might be related? I think it's when she's facing right. Was unable to to test it today due to rng.
  • Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited October 2016
    its specificly when your in his mouth
    and someone attacks ursus to drop you
    i cant really test for sure cuz i can only ursus so many times a day
  • astrosnotastrosnot
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Here are videos of 3 more runs, all from Oct 22nd. The videos cut off where the player's game crashes.

Run #1: The game crashes after Ursus "chews" on a player (at ~5:10).
    Run #2: The game crashes after Ursus "chews" on a player (at ~2:37).
    Run #3: The game crashes as Ursus gets ready to toss players up in the air after a mouth grab (at ~0:57).

As you can see, not all grabs will cause client crashes, though they are common enough that it's a problem in every run since patch v.177. These will probably be the last of my proof videos as even testing Ursus has become an overly frustrating ordeal. I can only hope that it gets fixed within the next few weeks.
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited October 2016
    Wow it's not even a DC it's a full on client crash. Just experienced this first-hand as well.
  • HolyGiraffeHolyGiraffe
    Reactions: 1,460
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Me and my raid of 13 people in Broa, on October 24, 2016 just expirianced the same thing.
    Aprox. 23:00 EST
  • NatWarrior1NatWarrior1
    Reactions: 400
    edited October 2016
    I was in the same raid as Holy. That should be enough already LOL
  • RezerbaRezerba
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Actually I think Pimppi might've got it. The crashes might be related to when Ursus does the action to let go players from the grabs.

1. When the chewing occurs the crashes happen right at the end of the chewing which is when Ursus spits the player(s) out onto the ground.

2. In the last crash of the first vid from Astrosnot, Ursus makes the sound where his paw grab is broken and lets go of a grabbed player. In that video since no player was actually within grab range Ursus immediately did the sound and action of letting go which was then followed up with a crash.

Tossing seems to crash less people compared to chewing?

Not sure how to explain why it doesn't always crash.
    Also no clue why pooping doesn't cause a crash at all.
    I wonder if Chaos Zakum has this issue as well. CZak is suppose to have a grab attack similar to Ursus when fighting in large parties though I've never seen him actually do it.

I guess I should also mention that the client hard crashes for me when it happens. Just instantly ends without the computer trying to wait for a response and attempting to repair it.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited October 2016
    riza here i too recorded a run we did in khroa as we attempted to beat ursus with glitch

[flash=]

[flash=]
  • rizariza
    edited October 2016
    RayKuda
    RayKuda said:

I've experienced the same bug

Character name: RayKuda
    Character level: 217
    Character job: Hero
    World name: Broa
    Date and time of the incident:10/21/2016 7:25 PM PST
    wait we are suppose to put out our maple government lmao
  • rizariza
    edited October 2016
    HolyGiraffe

Me and my raid of 13 people in Broa, on October 24, 2016 just expirianced the same thing.
    Aprox. 23:00 EST
    cough cough I'm from khaini ;p
  • Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited October 2016
    after another a few more runs on a few more chars
    im pretty sure its not the action it self
    its the attack while someone is in the death grip or in the mouth
    so lets say player a in in the grip
    and player b attacks the hand to make him drop
    after you attack to make him drops you is when we dc everytime
    im starting to think its high % pdr or boss%
    after reading
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/3286/external-config-file-for-remote-effects-off-please#latest
    im also wondering if the fact that remote features are gone from settings could be the reason why so many bosses are bugged
  • RaikyuRaikyu
    Reactions: 890
    edited October 2016
    PLease Fix Ursus. I really love Ursus because he is a very unique type of boss in Maplestory. Previously before the patch, there were nightly Ursus raid groups but now they cease to exist because of this bug.!
  • RayKudaRayKuda
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited October 2016
    Still broken after 10/27/2016 SC
  • astrosnotastrosnot
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Bug persists after unscheduled maintenance (Nov 1)
  • bluebrushbluebrush
    Reactions: 575
    edited November 2016
    Also still having this bug as of 11/8/16.
  • HolzbellHolzbell
    Reactions: 320
    edited November 2016
    Did you guys try changing the opacity of attacks? Maybe that would prevent it from happening. D: