[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon shut down FreeMarket and leaving only Auctio

superhondasuperhonda
Reactions: 400
edited January 2018 in General Chat
https://orangemushroom.net/2017/11/0...e-free-market/

this is happening in KMS but like always, will soon happen in GMS too maybe in the next 5-6 months.

Comments

• ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited January 2018
    good
  • superhondasuperhonda
    edited January 2018
    also, max mesos will increase to: 29,999,999,999 mesos.

Transaction fees are now 5%, regardless of amount traded. This applies to:
    Regular item trading fees
    Cash item trading fees
    Delivery trade fees
    Looting other characters’ dropped mesos
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    I do quite like the auction house but I wonder if the new 30b meso cap is high enough for gms. Raising the cap at all is a step in the right direction of course.

I'm also wondering what will happen to the mvp diamond monthly pack if the FM shop is removed.
  • SimzSimz
    Reactions: 985
    edited January 2018
    to be honest i felt somewhat weird hearing this. but upon reading the article it seems thatbit is still somewhat unsure what exactly is gonna happen to the fm. maybe they will keep the entrance for socializing? i honestly dont really use fm anymore for trading, as the auction house is much more convenient, but it would be nice to keep the entrance of fm for socializing purposes.
  • 4EvarANubie4EvarANubie
    Reactions: 815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    This is a very conflicted topic because in GMS, the economy is trashed. In KMS, prices are reasonable because there are almost no hackers. This means that there is not an influx of mesos therefore prices can remain cheap due to the the limited amount of mesos. In GMS however, prices insanly high due to the hundreds if not thousands of hackers that pollute the servers. This means that they will continuously generate mesos which destroys the economy. This has also led to a destruction of conversion rates.
    Take this as and example

In KMS, an arcane weapon is priced at 4 Billion mesos. This is the same as a few hundred dollars.

In GMS, an arcane weapon is also a few hundred dollar however, due to the difference in meso to dollars, if we were to convert an arcane weapon to mesos using a 1 dollar to 900mil rate, we would see it being worth around 200-250 billion mesos.

In the end, 29,999,999,999 meso cap makes sense in KMS due to the low prices because not much of what they have even goes that high. However, the large majority of items in GMS shoot pass 29,999,999,999 mesos making technically useless for us.

TLDR - 30Bil is good in a KMS economy but since our economy is utter trash, it doesn't work.

Also, on the topic of no more fm shops, its hard to say because KMS actually cares about players, they want them to be happy therefore making the auction house very nice and removing the hassle of spending money for a shop. We can't say the same for GMS because removing shops means that there are less people spending money to buy a shop which in end means Nexon America makes less.
    SuperJonicTraveler5577
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2018
    I would say the main focus for the removal of FM (at least here in GMS) isnt because things are being sold for 200+bil mesos, it's because that's where the items being sold for real money are advertised. Itll be more difficult advertising by just smegas, so that kind of traffic will decrease significantly.
    Traveler5577fallonstalonsLilyflowerSanjayMehia
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    I forgot an additional concern:

we're told to attempt to vet sellers for the source of the items to ensure we do not receive dupes. This becomes quite difficult when we're only able to use the auction house which has NO NAMES.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited January 2018
    JushiroNet wrote: »

we're told to attempt to vet sellers for the source of the items to ensure we do not receive dupes. This becomes quite difficult when we're only able to use the auction house which has NO NAMES.
    I would say the main focus for the removal of FM (at least here in GMS) isnt because things are being sold for 200+bil mesos, it's because that's where the items being sold for real money are advertised. Itll be more difficult advertising by just smegas, so that kind of traffic will decrease significantly.

I agree with both points I just feel nexon is trying to get rid of hackers now when it should of been done before. a lot of people been hurt from hackers in one way it almost destroyed khaini (rip kewra) we have to come up with ideas to better vet people but improve auction house as that is our main market now. but as of rn i feel the market in gms is no longer good, we would need people who knows how it works and people who dealt with banning hackers and cases to find ways of getting rid of them but perserving the market.
    edited January 2018
    That's why a free market economy never works.
    Traveler5577LilyflowerTuba
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited January 2018

KMS doesn't have much dupe in comparison to GMS, so they won't really care for here, maybe they can add, but i'm not sure how soon this would happen.
  • TropismTropism
    Reactions: 1,415
    edited January 2018
    It needs to happen, people on worlds like mine (Kradia) have such a dead FM it all needs to move to one place.
    Traveler5577XlGuadalX
  • superhondasuperhonda
    edited January 2018
    This will devalue the game as the Free Market is not just a place for maplers to sell/buy stuff but it is also a place for socializing chatting, afking and showing off their Godly Gears as a way to show what they have accomplished in maples.

I can see the population will dropped even more once this happened.
    edited January 2018
    superhonda wrote: »
    This will devalue the game as the Free Market is not just a place for maplers to sell/buy stuff but it is also a place for socializing chatting, afking and showing off their Godly Gears as a way to show what they have accomplished in maples.

All this maybe in 2014 or less but not anymore. The free market now became a place for exploit and illicit sales. Taking away the free market means taking away the means to sell items for real money, which is against the terms of service.
    fallonstalonsLilyflower
  • GhostAinaGhostAina
    Reactions: 740
    edited January 2018
    superhonda wrote: »

On the contrary. There are many people who do not care for the Free Market, or 'godly-gear' show-offs. This game is more than just those aspects mentioned., people play it to create new/old classes and explore what Maple Story has to offer. Believe me, there is more than just sitting around a Free Market entrance or Henesys. While it is true the population of worlds like Scania have decreased, it will only be a matter of time before Nexon does something to bring players back..

...Or atleast some of us can only hope.
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited January 2018
    Solution: dont disable the portal rooms of Free Market, keep them for old sakes so Maplers can still sit in there and chat and use it as a Guild HQ. trade stuff socialize. just disable the use of the store things from Cashshop, simple fix.... at least for us this way its a win win.
    Lilyflower
  • cheezburger85cheezburger85
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited January 2018
    This is a very conflicted topic because in GMS, the economy is trashed. In KMS, prices are reasonable because there are almost no hackers. This means that there is not an influx of mesos therefore prices can remain cheap due to the the limited amount of mesos. In GMS however, prices insanly high due to the hundreds if not thousands of hackers that pollute the servers. This means that they will continuously generate mesos which destroys the economy. This has also led to a destruction of conversion rates.
    Take this as and example

In KMS, an arcane weapon is priced at 4 Billion mesos. This is the same as a few hundred dollars.

In GMS, an arcane weapon is also a few hundred dollar however, due to the difference in meso to dollars, if we were to convert an arcane weapon to mesos using a 1 dollar to 900mil rate, we would see it being worth around 200-250 billion mesos.

In the end, 29,999,999,999 meso cap makes sense in KMS due to the low prices because not much of what they have even goes that high. However, the large majority of items in GMS shoot pass 29,999,999,999 mesos making technically useless for us.

TLDR - 30Bil is good in a KMS economy but since our economy is utter trash, it doesn't work.

Also, on the topic of no more fm shops, its hard to say because KMS actually cares about players, they want them to be happy therefore making the auction house very nice and removing the hassle of spending money for a shop. We can't say the same for GMS because removing shops means that there are less people spending money to buy a shop which in end means Nexon America makes less.

At first, I thought I was crazy, cus I thought that I was the only one who think like that, especially when GM's doing their best to close threads that are related to that subject (mesos rate is dropped due to the fact that there are more hackers than legit players).

Glad to know that I am not crazy.
    Thank you.
    edited January 2018
    Take this as and example

At first, I thought I was crazy, cus I thought that I was the only one who think like that, especially when GM's doing their best to close threads that are related to that subject (mesos rate is dropped due to the fact that there are more hackers than legit players).

Glad to know that I am not crazy.
    Thank you.

The problem with this is that you'd have to use the rates from the Meso Market system Nexon implemented, which changes from day to day. It can be 1bil = 2200 which is 2.20 or sometimes it's 1400(1.40). It would be higher if there weren't the thousands of meso bots around.
    Lilyflower
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited January 2018
    I'd love Nexon to go by the towns once a day just to pick up a trigger word like G[A]MEKOO for the GMpolice to pick up on and disconnect the player. make those mesosellers work for advertising. It would be like the badword system but instead of ***** it, you'd be disconnected

• JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Curious what will happen to our FM shop codes from marvel (they're in the current rotation btw and valid for 2 years) if the fm is removed.
    DarkPassenger
    edited January 2018
    Curious what will happen to our FM shop codes from marvel (they're in the current rotation btw and valid for 2 years) if the fm is removed.

you bring up a great point
    Traveler5577Lilyflower