[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Name change

SlyElementSlyElement
Reactions: 970
edited January 2018 in General Chat
I want to use the name on an avatar I already have on something else. I was planning on buying a name change coupon to do this with. I have never done this before though. Will I be able to claim the name that I lost to the coupon right away or is there some sort of wait time? Does anybody have any insight to this? Has anyone ever done this before?

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2018
    You should be able to claim the name immediately (as far as I'm aware; I've never tried that specifically). However, once you change a character's name, you will not be able to change it again for a period of time, so if you want to switch the names or something you'll need a spare character to do so.
    SlyElement
  • SlyElementSlyElement
    edited January 2018
    Well I guess we will find out if this is a go. Sounds like it is. I'll be back.
  • SlyElementSlyElement
    edited January 2018
    It worked.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    You should be able to claim the name immediately (as far as I'm aware; I've never tried that specifically). However, once you change a character's name, you will not be able to change it again for a period of time, so if you want to switch the names or something you'll need a spare character to do so.

Wasn't there a recent update (sometime in the last ~4months) where ign's have a cooldown period now if the character is deleted? Or does that only apply to deleted and not name-changed characters?
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Neospector wrote: »

Wasn't there a recent update (sometime in the last ~4months) where ign's have a cooldown period now if the character is deleted? Or does that only apply to deleted and not name-changed characters?

they removed it after the uproar
    YinYangX
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    [
    they removed it after the uproar

Hmm, ty for the info.